Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

388 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DHP said:

I played a bit of E100 and E5 is the worst T10HT you can encounter in the E100, if it's hull down you have to hit the cupola with HEAT (good luck with that..) While he melt you down with HEAT in your face.

Be happy your not fucking Type 5, which has same problem as E100 expect its even fatter and flatter, and when it finally hits right part of cupola of E5 its not even guaranteed to pen with gold because 282 pen gold AP sure is fucking good. :serb: 

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Be happy your not fucking Type 5, which has same problem as E100 expect its even fatter and flatter, and when it finally hits right part of cupola of E5 its not even guaranteed to pen with gold because 282 pen gold AP sure is fucking good. :serb: 

But nobody plays JAP heavys. :doge:

For the more average player I think this thing is great. Easy to angle, large HP pool, 750 alpha slinging gold so even if you HAVE to trade it's okay.

Played 124 games in the last month or so, 65% WR and 3400 wn8 pretty much all solo. The tank is awesome. The corridor meta really caters to it.

RIP open maps and arty, but that goes for most heavies..

Re: fighting E5's or most other tanks driven by pubbies, a lot of them you can entice to shoot your angles sides if it looks juicy, or rock backwards and forwards so that when they see the lfp by the time they shoot you're in cover. Then you smack them in face after they've shot so they can't gold facefuck the turret..

Ap fails to own 75% of the time, heat can also be useless. Gun really let's it down for me

Meh I've managed to beat a couple maus today, and I just got one (of course they weren't exactly competent players)

But- picked this up today and as a bonus had the benefit of being schooled in my very first game in it by Crabeatoff, who was kind enough to demonstrate how easily T57's HEAT pens pretty much every flat surface of this tank I gave him to shoot at

But questions

-how do you play this thing on hilly maps like Westfield vs arty? I hate going to the town on that map, but I seem to be an easy target..

- does anyone use the small gun? I get that the big one is better, but the 16 second reload is driving me a little crazy..

2 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

-how do you play this thing on hilly maps like Westfield vs arty? 

You wait 2 more weeks

10 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Meh I've managed to beat a couple maus today, and I just got one (of course they weren't exactly competent players)

But- picked this up today and as a bonus had the benefit of being schooled in my very first game in it by Crabeatoff, who was kind enough to demonstrate how easily T57's HEAT pens pretty much every flat surface of this tank I gave him to shoot at

But questions

-how do you play this thing on hilly maps like Westfield vs arty? I hate going to the town on that map, but I seem to be an easy target..

- does anyone use the small gun? I get that the big one is better, but the 16 second reload is driving me a little crazy..

You will take hits but try to stay on the backside of slopes as much as possible. The curvature makes it much harder for clickers to hit you
with much precision. E100 is surprisingly agile compared to Maus so try to generate small irregular movements also- anything to disturb a full-aim.
If you are in the other end of a barrel of say Conc GC or T92 this can frustrate and disturb so much that an ill-conceived shot gets released.
Also try to get under your skin arty reload times in combination with when they have fired.
Conc and T92 are roughly 45 secs, 53/55 about 35 secs. If you got 3 clickers or more..GL

sexi brick

SZbpnDx.png

the Maus is hilarious but it doesn't have that "fuck you" alpha that temporarily shuts down the average players brain when they're on the receiving end

On 4/13/2017 at 6:58 PM, Canadian_Reaper said:

- this applies to every map, but use any dip or rise in the terrain to your advantage, you should always be moving except for the 1 second it takes to aim and fire. you want to finish the engagement as quickly as possible so the artillery has less time to shoot at you

If someone could enter the training room with me and show me at least ONE degree of angle at which I can have a chance of bouncing cHEAT shells before I have a mental meltdown and sell this useless shit brick, I'd be much obliged.

I swear this thing is just impossible to play these days. T57s just park in front of you, take 600-800 damage and in return deal 1600 on average, just like that, no matter the angle.

Seriously can't take it anymore.

I don't understand. Are you hulldown or sidescraping?

she's still got it

5NYy7VU.png

18 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

If someone could enter the training room with me and show me at least ONE degree of angle at which I can have a chance of bouncing cHEAT shells before I have a mental meltdown and sell this useless shit brick, I'd be much obliged.

I swear this thing is just impossible to play these days. T57s just park in front of you, take 600-800 damage and in return deal 1600 on average, just like that, no matter the angle.

Go to tanks.gg and play with turret angles. This thing is relatively easy.

OK, I just researched this and im just accumulating free-xp for the main gun before I buy it.  My question is, all the EU prem-ammo haters aside, is there any reason to carry any AP in this tank at all or should I just load all HEAT and HE?  16.7 second reload just seems way too dicey to get caught with an AP round loaded.  Also, I'm guessing that because this thing is so tall, its probably pretty tough to pen the lower front plate on commie wedge heavies while looking down on them.  On the plus side, turret roofs for days.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

OK, I just researched this and im just accumulating free-xp for the main gun before I buy it.  My question is, all the EU prem-ammo haters aside, is there any reason to carry any AP in this tank at all or should I just load all HEAT and HE?  16.7 second reload just seems way too dicey to get caught with an AP round loaded.  Also, I'm guessing that because this thing is so tall, its probably pretty tough to pen the lower front plate on commie wedge heavies while looking down on them.  On the plus side, turret roofs for days.

Few for some overmatch tanks, but when i played E100 HEAT and HE were my only choices. Gun is too horrible to aim 33s on weak spot and possibly miss/low roll. 

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

carry any AP

Definitely, just because there's always smart commie wedge drivers around going "reeeeee overangle and pwn that E-100", then you either waste HEAT on skirt armor, or bust his fuel tank with AP. Also AP is much more reliable dealing with batchat/fast moving cunts. "Better" velocity & normalization and all that.

It's not likely that you are going to run out of ammo even if you carry a few AP rounds.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:50 AM, Fedaykin89 said:

turn the turret so the corner of turret is pointing exactly the middle of your tank, that with your lower hull covered will mean you bounce everything except stupid tier 10 td gold shell. nothing blocks that......

it's not as OP as maus/type 5 but it can hold on its own just fine. 

rest of you debating on ammo load out, with current meta you should do 20 Ap for softer targets, 10 HE and rest HEAT

heat has bad velocity and weird trajectory, ap is faster and flys straight

for those who are interested in 2/3 marking e100, you need 3100 dpg for 2 marks and 4150 dpg for 3 marks. food will definitely help you get  the marks.

On 8/24/2017 at 4:36 PM, Archaic_One said:

This is the setup I run. I preload HEAT unless I know for sure I'll be shooting tanks with weak armor or tanks that aren't hulldown. HE is for when I'm finishing off low HP tanks with minimal effort or for those funny 1k rolls on paper tanks. Also the AP velocity is nice compared to the HEAT.

I've never had any issues with this setup, it's extremely unlikely that you'll run out of ammo.

g5XCAmb.png

I got my E 100 Saturday.  Played 16 games so far.  Got a 2nd class badge today, not great; but, on the right track.  2163 damage and 2343 spotting assist, 2500 blocked damage.  I'm learning the scrape and wiggle with this tank to block shots and deflect during reloads.  Sure need the derp gun.

8 hours ago, bigrebone said:

I got my E 100 Saturday.  Played 16 games so far.  Got a 2nd class badge today, not great; but, on the right track.  2163 damage and 2343 spotting assist, 2500 blocked damage.  I'm learning the scrape and wiggle with this tank to block shots and deflect during reloads.  Sure need the derp gun.

Just keep in mind best block is not getting hit by big ass pen guns, because you can’t angle to JPE100 heat and shit. But it’s fun tank on city maps where you can use hard cover.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:49 AM, BlackAdder said:

Just keep in mind best block is not getting hit by big ass pen guns, because you can’t angle to JPE100 heat and shit. But it’s fun tank on city maps where you can use hard cover.

those meany evil tier 10 tank destroyers have disgusting gold shells.

420 blaze heat and 375mm apcrs 

no.gif

On 8/28/2017 at 7:54 AM, KurapikaHxH said:

turn the turret so the corner of turret is pointing exactly the middle of your tank, that with your lower hull covered will mean you bounce everything except stupid tier 10 td gold shell. nothing blocks that......

it's not as OP as maus/type 5 but it can hold on its own just fine. 

rest of you debating on ammo load out, with current meta you should do 20 Ap for softer targets, 10 HE and rest HEAT

heat has bad velocity and weird trajectory, ap is faster and flys straight

for those who are interested in 2/3 marking e100, you need 3100 dpg for 2 marks and 4150 dpg for 3 marks. food will definitely help you get  the marks.

Just went to tanks.gg to try some angles and...
no matter how you angle the turret, the front or the sides will never offer solid protection against 320-330 HEAT shells, if the turret face EA goes up to 340ish, then the side of the turret becomes butter
OK, maybe I'm not estimating exactly the height difference (most tanks shooting up at your turret) but the difference should be negligible

1 hour ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Just went to tanks.gg to try some angles and...
no matter how you angle the turret, the front or the sides will never offer solid protection against 320-330 HEAT shells, if the turret face EA goes up to 340ish, then the side of the turret becomes butter
OK, maybe I'm not estimating exactly the height difference (most tanks shooting up at your turret) but the difference should be negligible

True. But the E100 was never about being 100% impenetrable. It's armour is a tool to make them aim long enough so you can dunk sizzling 750 alfa shells into whatever flat surface you can find. This makes the tank strong against superheavies and immeasurably shit against things like competent 113s or 5A which rely on angles and have high gold pen.