Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

415 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lavawing said:

True. But the E100 was never about being 100% impenetrable. It's armour is a tool to make them aim long enough so you can dunk sizzling 750 alfa shells into whatever flat surface you can find. This makes the tank strong against superheavies and immeasurably shit against things like competent 113s or 5A which rely on angles and have high gold pen.

I would buff side just for easier over angle, and some gun handling. Being impenetrable is stupid. 

Also E100 is all about side armor and baiting shots. 

On 9/9/2017 at 1:37 PM, BlackAdder said:

I would buff side just for easier over angle, and some gun handling. Being impenetrable is stupid. 

Also E100 is all about side armor and baiting shots. 

About the baiting shots part...

That's why I feel that sometimes the E100's nature is too... "passive". Normally, with that amount of armor and average damage one would believe that it is ideal for offensive pushes.
In reality, however, in the 30-40-50 seconds you're waiting (read: praying) for the enemy tank(s) to be stupid enough to shoot at your side armor while you're sidescraping, your own team melts away because WoT playerbase is absolutely atrocious.

And yes, I know the theory that while they're busy aiming at you the enemy is not actively reducing your own team's HP pool, but that accounts to nothing if you don't make sure that YOU reduce theirs

8 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

That's why I feel that sometimes the E100's nature is too... "passive". Normally, with that amount of armor and average damage one would believe that it is ideal for offensive pushes.
In reality, however, in the 30-40-50 seconds you're waiting (read: praying) for the enemy tank(s) to be stupid enough to shoot at your side armor while you're sidescraping, your own team melts away because WoT playerbase is absolutely atrocious.

And yes, I know the theory that while they're busy aiming at you the enemy is not actively reducing your own team's HP pool, but that accounts to nothing if you don't make sure that YOU reduce theirs

2700 hp with good overall armor and boom stick. Few days ago i played E100 on friends account, this thing is monster in city. Open field sucks but we don’t have much open maps anyways. 

With good crew you can really fuck up enemies in close combat. And 2700 serves you well when other heavy tanks have less (besides Maus/Type5). Remember E50 with APCR most of time can laugh when seeing E100 and that superb T9 tank. Anything below 300 pen will have hard time hitting you effectively. Yes it suffers from HEAT spam, but with slight angle it isn’t auto pen. 

As i said, side buff (slight tho) and little bit of gin handling for easier 750 pain would be perfect. Tank is strong but not pain in the ass. 

Look at this 3-5-7 poor souls.

These 2 extreme opposite cases are exactly why I do not enjoy playing this tank anymore

I simply gave up on Tundra, realizing that my 150 ton ass of armor is basically nonexistent.
Also, on Karelia, IDK if I could have done anything more.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3826812#tundra-fedaykin89-e_100

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3826813#karelia-fedaykin89-e_100

On 2017. 09. 11. at 6:57 AM, BlackAdder said:

2700 hp with good overall armor and boom stick. Few days ago i played E100 on friends account, this thing is monster in city. Open field sucks but we don’t have much open maps anyways. 

With good crew you can really fuck up enemies in close combat. And 2700 serves you well when other heavy tanks have less (besides Maus/Type5). Remember E50 with APCR most of time can laugh when seeing E100 and that superb T9 tank. Anything below 300 pen will have hard time hitting you effectively. Yes it suffers from HEAT spam, but with slight angle it isn’t auto pen. 

As i said, side buff (slight tho) and little bit of gin handling for easier 750 pain would be perfect. Tank is strong but not pain in the ass. 

Look at this 3-5-7 poor souls.

I don't get this guy's loadout. No HEAT shells, but chocolate? 

14 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

I don't get this guy's loadout. No HEAT shells, but chocolate? 

Some guys are masochistic. But with AP buff shell is more reliable. But HEAT ftw.

Just now, BlackAdder said:

Some guys are masochistic. But with AP buff shell is more reliable. But HEAT ftw.

he got super lucky with the MM, what would he have done with AP loadout versus your standard match of Mauses, Type 4/5 Heavies, E5s etc? The ubiquitous big alpha TDs were absent too.

5 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

he got super lucky with the MM, what would he have done with AP loadout versus your standard match of Mauses, Type 4/5 Heavies, E5s etc? The ubiquitous big alpha TDs were absent too.

Suck dick probably.

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Suck dick probably.

what's with EU and their aversion to HEAT???

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Suck dick probably.

I love the comments on Youtube. Some real life troglodytes play this game apparently.

I just made a Grille 15 bounce so many shells off of me he switched to HE.  Of course, I had to hide in a castle to do it so I did shit for damage, but the clanging sound kept my crew entertained while they ate their knackwurst and barely soup.

On 9/11/2017 at 4:43 AM, Fedaykin89 said:

The E 100 is not an IS-7, so do not expect it to do what you would not expect of an IS-7. The theme of the entire line is pretty much about alpha and sidescraping. It can push, but that is very far from its forte.

Now, the quintessential assault tank has troll frontal armour - not necessarily reliable - it may not even reward meaningful angling. An IS-7 is a good example, the E3, and then the 4502B, or the Chinese TDs, or even the E5. Basically, for a heavy tank to be good at aggressive plays, you want armour that will work even when you cannot control the engagement, and in that respect the E 100 is merely mediocre.

10 hours ago, Strigonx said:

what's with EU and their aversion to HEAT???

Don't know, HEAT was my primary ammo on E100, ap for some scouts or overmatchable targets. HE for fortress-like IS7/E3 hulldown. 

Is it still worth the grind? I guess for randoms is still great but for CWs? I can imagine it  as a "support super heavy" for maps like ensk, tundra or anything similar with close engagements with all superarmored tanks, supporting Mauses and E3s while they sponge with their armor and hp. 

No not really, at least we haven't used them in a long time. Maus or Type 5 are just so much better as superheavies, and if you want support tank there are also a lot better options. 

Why E100 when you can MAUS? Why E100 HE when you can Type 5?

Tank has no roll in CW any longer

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Why E100 when you can MAUS? Why E100 HE when you can Type 5?

Tank has no roll in CW any longer

Alpha. I was thinking you could bring a couple to clear out faster some guns and "lowish" hp targets, while having more HP and a turret over an E3. But maybe the dpm is not enough. 

19 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Alpha. I was thinking you could bring a couple to clear out faster some guns and "lowish" hp targets, while having more HP and a turret over an E3. But maybe the dpm is not enough. 

Alpha means very little when the Maus is going to pen you easily with better gun handling, and the Type 5 doesn't need to expose to deal damage to you due to broken HE mechanics. Alpha with 330 HEAT guns in CW means nothing. If I want that alpha, Im bringing an E3 which is harder to kill and has 375 APCR, or an E4 since it has a turret, just as sturdy armor in the CW setting, and 375 APCR. Or, a JPE with 420mm HEAT pen. 

E100 is dead in CW at the 'top' end

2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Is it still worth the grind? I guess for randoms is still great but for CWs? I can imagine it  as a "support super heavy" for maps like ensk, tundra or anything similar with close engagements with all superarmored tanks, supporting Mauses and E3s while they sponge with their armor and hp. 

This is still ok in randoms, 3-5-7 is very good with E100. Still 2700 hp and 750 alpha for brawls. Armor is decent till 300+ pen but again big HP and T8 tanks can only bounce you. 

12 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Alpha means very little when the Maus is going to pen you easily with better gun handling, and the Type 5 doesn't need to expose to deal damage to you due to broken HE mechanics. Alpha with 330 HEAT guns in CW means nothing. If I want that alpha, Im bringing an E3 which is harder to kill and has 375 APCR, or an E4 since it has a turret, just as sturdy armor in the CW setting, and 375 APCR. Or, a JPE with 420mm HEAT pen. 

E100 is dead in CW at the 'top' end

K thx. I wanted to grind it but i guess ill just stick to the e3 (when i will get it) as a super heavy. Unfortunately I dont have much time to grind tanks so I'll just for those CW used and that i like.

3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

This is still ok in randoms, 3-5-7 is very good with E100. Still 2700 hp and 750 alpha for brawls. Armor is decent till 300+ pen but again big HP and T8 tanks can only bounce you. 

Yeah I remember on SB the turret can bounce even 300 plus pen but not consistently and only if you wiggle.

This is only the second tier 10 in which I have felt I am not a consistent burden on my teams (after Jagdzilla).  Gun handling is just fine, with 3-5-7 I barely touch the HEAT (but I do carry 18 rounds of it), and HE works fine against E3 cupolas to splash through the roof.  Armor does seem to be about angling and baiting.  Since I don't do CW or competitive play, I cannot speak to its suitability in those settings (nor am I really good enough to know in any case), but as a pubbie tank, it's quite nice.

2 hours ago, Tanager said:

This is only the second tier 10 in which I have felt I am not a consistent burden on my teams (after Jagdzilla).  Gun handling is just fine, with 3-5-7 I barely touch the HEAT (but I do carry 18 rounds of it), and HE works fine against E3 cupolas to splash through the roof.  Armor does seem to be about angling and baiting.  Since I don't do CW or competitive play, I cannot speak to its suitability in those settings (nor am I really good enough to know in any case), but as a pubbie tank, it's quite nice.

As a pubbie tank, Maus and Type 5 are still better. I own all 3 of them.

Don't get me wrong, E 100 was my first heavy, which i acquired back in vision meta. It is a no-sell, and crew for my B2... It was always a strong tank, among the top. But in all honesty, it is outmatched today by overall armor creep. one of the last original WOT tanks that have not received buffs or "HD" remodels that either killed them or made them OP (or both, like E5)...of several gun handling/ROF buffs.

"Golden age of E100 was after the death of vision (lets say the time of the great TD vision nerf) and before the introduction of Type 5 derp/Maus buff/arty nerf. There was almost a year or so of E5 dominance after first "HD" overbuff when you could do shit to it while you got hit in the face with HEAT and E5 needed  0.5 s aim time to slap the sizzling shells in your huge forehead. 

now why does the arty nerf works bad for E 100?

well, not directly. i mean, it has great armor all around (so you fare much better than SConq, E5 today) , and since you do not get slapped regularly by Obj 261 AP (and sometimes T92 ) AP life is more predictable, if not exactly comfier.

Arty has a much less HE alpha damage now, but it has stun time, more ROF and more acc.

How it works on E 100, and how on other superheavies?

Well, more ROF and acc means you are gonna get hit more often, and you are so huge that you cant count on misses as before (like fully aimed shots landing 20 m from you doing nothing). Also, your ROF means that every time you pop out one arty has probably reloaded (before with 40ish seconds reload you could get several shots off for each arty salvo).

Now, you are in the brawl zone, partially exposed to arty. Maus is gonna take considerable less dmg from arty (it was not like that before, it was only about 10-15 % less, but now Maus has more armor, and arty does less dmg to tanks with more armor progressively due to reduced arty HE pen) , less stun, but more importantly, a perma-stunned Maus still has a usable gun, and needs only to angle a bit after shooting to be nearly impenetrable. When (not if) you get stunned while brawling, your gun can't hit shit any more, you are getting more crew deaths, and your HP melt under HEAT as your turret turns glacially, or/and you are tracked.

Type 5 has to expose way less to get the shots off (so it gets hit by arty way less since it is exposed 1/2 of your time), and if you try to sidescrape against it to receive less splash he can simply track you for 400 dmg (500 with gold) and not get hit at all. 

Type is also less shit under arty fire, because even stunned it can miss the tank and still do damage.

Also, Type can snipe much better than you when you get Klondike and you clear the brawl only to find a 200 m opet ground to cross...and a full health base camping Badger waiting for you. At that distance Type can fuck up the badger that does not spam gold, and trade at worst with goldspamming one.

Doesn't matter if Himmelsdorf or Prokh, type/maus super heavy better than e 100....

But, But, But....

With 30 km top speed you can actually return to defend cap, deploy way faster before half your team suicide and cet some cleanup occasionally. 

The issue of speed is huge. difference between 20 and 30 is more than between 40 and 60. In CW it is not important, but in randoms means you can get to the corner and preaim the brawlzone.

Not exactly a heavium, but it is very important.

6 hours ago, Felicius said:

But, But, But....

With 30 km top speed you can actually return to defend cap, deploy way faster before half your team suicide and cet some cleanup occasionally. 

The issue of speed is huge. difference between 20 and 30 is more than between 40 and 60. In CW it is not important, but in randoms means you can get to the corner and preaim the brawlzone.

Not exactly a heavium, but it is very important.

Yep - I don't have the Maus yet, but I do have the Maueschen, and I find the 20kph pretty painful at times.  It seems to me to make the line much more vulnerable to being swarmed than the E line - E75 in particular seems to have little trouble fighting off 2 or 3 mediums, if they're tier 7 or even 8.   Same tier not so much, but to me this accounts for some of the bully strength.  I like the ability of the E100 to change positions (even if not via teleporting) occasionally during battle, and it makes it (to my woeful skills) harder to circle strafe.

Havent played E100 in ages, but never got the fuss about ``weak turret armour``, you should only show your turret front if you have a shell loaded and since you hit harder as the tank shooting you (and you have more hp) you can fuck up anything.

The E100 did lose a lot of strength, for a variaty of reasons (in theory, as i said, havent played it in ages)

• IS7 hp buff means no more 3 shot kills, since the IS7 is the most common enemy, this is kinda crap
  • Maus buff means you can not longer outgun and outspeed him, he will wreck you if you play hes game + armour / hp buff means you need almost always 5 hits now (compared to 4 before)
  • Badger, type 5 are reasonable though against an E100 and can dish out aswell
  • Random armour buffs / new tanks, which make certain tanks in certain places really strong, SConq hull down, VK72 behind a wreck Strv 103b in a 3 bush 350m away etc

an E100 would totally shit on tanks like the Maus of Fv 215b, their replacement tanks do much better.

12 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Havent played E100 in ages, but never got the fuss about ``weak turret armour``, you should only show your turret front if you have a shell loaded and since you hit harder as the tank shooting you (and you have more hp) you can fuck up anything.

The E100 did lose a lot of strength, for a variaty of reasons (in theory, as i said, havent played it in ages)

• IS7 hp buff means no more 3 shot kills, since the IS7 is the most common enemy, this is kinda crap
  • Maus buff means you can not longer outgun and outspeed him, he will wreck you if you play hes game + armour / hp buff means you need almost always 5 hits now (compared to 4 before)
  • Badger, type 5 are reasonable though against an E100 and can dish out aswell
  • Random armour buffs / new tanks, which make certain tanks in certain places really strong, SConq hull down, VK72 behind a wreck Strv 103b in a 3 bush 350m away etc

an E100 would totally shit on tanks like the Maus of Fv 215b, their replacement tanks do much better.

I would even argue that a sidescraping SConqueror is far superior to a sidescraping E100, even with HEAT you would have to carefully aim for parts of the turret near the gun that aren't covered by the spaced armor (which from what I see are at least 260mm thick, at best) or try going for a rather tiny shoulder pad which is only viable anyhow if the SConq over angles quite a bit (and even then we're talking about 260-270mm at the minimum)
And all that is quite impossible to do considering how fast a SConq spapshots at you