TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

252 posts in this topic

Yeah, I've been getting the same impression as Storm. Tank isn't terrible, I'd take it over many T9s, but not over many T9 HTs - as far as heavies go it's pretty close to the bottom, especially since the M103 was buffed. The armor is really letting me down, this is nothing like the invulnerable beast of a tank that I remember from the early days. Gun is, of course, awful by today's standards.

Armor can work but ONLY at sdescrape. Armor feels quite weak actually if you dont do so. The tank is excellent on paper but honestly...meh. 

Like Rexxie said, E-75 is not bad, but its just that the tier 9 HTs are just freaking good. Conqueror, T-10, ST-I, VK, and now M103 are all true beasts. At this point E-75 is like 3rd worst after AMX and Type 4. Its just that the E-75 has remained more unchanged than most tanks in the game (=powercreep).

On 21/08/2016 at 5:18 PM, leggasiini said:

Armor can work but ONLY at sdescrape. Armor feels quite weak actually if you dont do so. The tank is excellent on paper but honestly...meh. 

Like Rexxie said, E-75 is not bad, but its just that the tier 9 HTs are just freaking good. Conqueror, T-10, ST-I, VK, and now M103 are all true beasts. At this point E-75 is like 3rd worst after AMX and Type 4. Its just that the E-75 has remained more unchanged than most tanks in the game (=powercreep).

its armor isn't impenetrable, expect maybe in some sidescrapes, but the armour is very good at mitigating dpm of enemy guns-poke, slap them in the face, and possibly take a hit in return works well enough for a bad ht player like me. and the gun would be terrible, but the 490 alpha makes up for it.

Who besides this fucking guy is hyped for bloom and accuracy buffs to the E75? 

17 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Well, I haven't yet ground out the E75, but I'm hyped because it's a tank I've been looking forward to and the biggest complaint I always heard was about the gun handling. I have so much German grinding to do. 

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

The E75 is my most played tank. A serious gun handling buff was exactly what I though it needed to be genuinely competitive with the Conq, T-10, E50 etc.

It'll be snapping like a god damn medium now, which will greatly mitigate the suspect armor (in the age of gold for silver) and let it capitalize on it's agility.

Can. Not. Wait.

I was actually pretty surprised to see the E75 getting a handling buff. For having the highest alpha in class it's impressive that the gun isn't derpier than it already is. Not that I'm complaining, just hard to see why the accuracy is what they buff when the fights happen at such close range.

This change is to keep it in line with the Mauschen, right? Even after the buff the Mauschen will still have slightly better handling and dpm. Not that that will matter when the E75 moves twice as fast and aside form the cupola has stronger weakpoints.

Also since it was mentioned in this thread, optics > vents. E75 scout best scout

8 hours ago, HabNab said:

I was actually pretty surprised to see the E75 getting a handling buff. For having the highest alpha in class it's impressive that the gun isn't derpier than it already is. Not that I'm complaining, just hard to see why the accuracy is what they buff when the fights happen at such close range.

This change is to keep it in line with the Mauschen, right? Even after the buff the Mauschen will still have slightly better handling and dpm. Not that that will matter when the E75 moves twice as fast and aside form the cupola has stronger weakpoints.

Also since it was mentioned in this thread, optics > vents. E75 scout best scout

Well, E-75 was powercreeped by other tanks. WZ 111 1-4, T-10 all got massive buffs, while Conq and M103 got plenty of HD love (along the IS-3 which is hard to fight hulldown in a "mighty" tier 9, while he snaps your cupola). Meds like Patton, E-50, even the shitty PTA got plenty of successive buffs (and they get more in this patch). TDs like jagdtiger, and T95 are also buffed, contesting the "brick" role, along with new derps and armor megabuff on japs. New tanks like Swedes and Czech appeared.

E 75 can not afford to aim as long as it has to do right now any more. Buffs are well deserved, and will not make it OP, just competitive.

Both vents and optics are viable after patch, but unfortunately EGLD is the best choice as it is right now.

VKB sold, E-75 re-crewed. I'm going to learn how to play heavy tanks properly now!

On 2/21/2017 at 9:27 PM, CraBeatOff said:

me! I actually 3 marked this last week and then read about the buffs.  I'm pretty excited to hop back into a buffed E75 now that I'm familiar with it again.  It was my first T9 and I played it a lot at the time, but until last week I really hadn't played it since, despite never selling it.

It's the sexiest fascist box tank and it's always held a place in my heart.

So much snappier.  I wouldn't say no to a slight ROF buff though.  Just a little bit.

On 2/21/2017 at 9:27 PM, CraBeatOff said:

Took some time to rock the vk 100.01 after patch but went on an E75 rampage today. With copious gold* I've managed ~3080 dpg, 2.0kpg and a 68.75% WR over 32 solo games. 

The gun handling buff is really nice. I feel like I can expose myself much less than I had to before to get the shot. 

*way more than needed, but I'm often too lazy to switch

Over here on the SEAtard server we're still stuck in 9.17 thanks to the conscientious work ethic of WG's regional office.

So, can anyone tell me how the postbuff pointy brick fares against today's T9 heavies?

Previously, I thought that the terrible gun-handling boxed it into the brawling role.On the other hand, in tier 10, there were times when you are forced to play support, a role for which the E 75 was hardly ideal. Looking at tanks.gg, it seems that the buffed 12.8 cm is at least on a level comparable to the M103's 120 mil -  in terms of softstats that is. How much more flexible does this extra gun handling make it?

I preferred the M103 after the HD re-remodel becuase of the infinitely superior M58 that it had, but I suspect that the E75 will be the better tank in almost every role after this patch. I would be very surprised if 9.17.1 didn't catapult it back into its rightful place as one the strongest Tier 9s in game.It's at least better than the Vk 4502B, Maus-chan, the ST-I and certainly on par with the M103 and Conq. I don't think the tank is really comparable to the heaviums such as the 111-1-4 and the T-10, but as a pure heavy this should be next to none.

On a side note, it seems the tank is not even that worse than the PZ VII, which is a tier 10, by the way. http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/pzkpfw-vii#compare:e-75

Oh, one more thing, I know that fighting bento boxes wth futanari 15cms are cancerous, but with its thick nominal armour I'd think the E 75 as reasonably resistant to that kind of Godzilla-esque bullshit. Putting it in another way, does the E 75 get rekt by the superheavy meta, or rather, does it benefit from it?

12 hours ago, lavawing said:

Over here on the SEAtard server we're still stuck in 9.17 thanks to the conscientious work ethic of WG's regional office.

So, can anyone tell me how the postbuff pointy brick fares against today's T9 heavies?

It is one of the best, back from one of the worst. Gun handling (and acc) buff lets you make the armor work! Key is to prevent ppl taking a good shot at you.

Previously, I thought that the terrible gun-handling boxed it into the brawling role.On the other hand, in tier 10, there were times when you are forced to play support, a role for which the E 75 was hardly ideal. Looking at tanks.gg, it seems that the buffed 12.8 cm is at least on a level comparable to the M103's 120 mil -  in terms of softstats that is. How much more flexible does this extra gun handling make it?

Quite a lot. APCR lets you snap very well, and you can just about pen the IS-7 UFP before he aims you halfway. 

I preferred the M103 after the HD re-remodel becuase of the infinitely superior M58 that it had, but I suspect that the E75 will be the better tank in almost every role after this patch. I would be very surprised if 9.17.1 didn't catapult it back into its rightful place as one the strongest Tier 9s in game.It's at least better than the Vk 4502B, Maus-chan, the ST-I and certainly on par with the M103 and Conq. I don't think the tank is really comparable to the heaviums such as the 111-1-4 and the T-10, but as a pure heavy this should be next to none.

E75 was always a better tank than M103, but after his HD model it was very close. Now you eat them for breakfast. Gun stats are basically the same now, except alpha+apcr.

On a side note, it seems the tank is not even that worse than the PZ VII, which is a tier 10, by the way. http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/pzkpfw-vii#compare:e-75

Oh, one more thing, I know that fighting bento boxes wth futanari 15cms are cancerous, but with its thick nominal armour I'd think the E 75 as reasonably resistant to that kind of Godzilla-esque bullshit. Putting it in another way, does the E 75 get rekt by the superheavy meta, or rather, does it benefit from it?

Armor is not thick, it is just well sloped. It hurts...but they are very rare as of yet. Try to let someone else tank a shot (tomatoes), or let them hit your tracks. I hate module dmg from gold shells...it can take your ammo rack and loader (turret side/hull below turret) if you sidescrape, so better no angling at all. Turret face likes to take gun out+gunner, and lfp the driver. Just be sure to trade 2 for 1, and aim his ammo rack, but beware: cheeks are much stronger now, so shoot there only if he overangles.

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/noobcorner?article=hitzone_type-4-heavy

If he is in perfect position, i just shoot turret face(with gold).Try to snap him if he is not pre-aimed, you have much better gun stats (if the distance allows for it).

i replied between your questions. I have played PZ VII on test server, so my exp for randoms mean shit. I think too, that  PZ VII is not gonna be any good in the hand of an average pubbie. Potential is there, but hard to exploit it, same as with all rear-turreted tanks. Maus is much more forgiving to play.

Excellent, my biggest gripe about the E75 was the exposure time that was required to accurately hit weak spots meant that even with my high alpha, every shot meant a trade in damage.  

8 hours ago, Felicius said:

i replied between your questions. I have played PZ VII on test server, so my exp for randoms mean shit. I think too, that  PZ VII is not gonna be any good in the hand of an average pubbie. Potential is there, but hard to exploit it, same as with all rear-turreted tanks. Maus is much more forgiving to play.

Thanks. Green fonts are always easy on the eyes. On a side note we might finally be getting 9.17.1 today. Might.

11 hours ago, lavawing said:

Thanks. Green fonts are always easy on the eyes. On a side note we might finally be getting 9.17.1 today. Might.

Yesterday I made a mistake when facing a type 5, with no angling at all...he had stock 14 cm...easy pen in LFP, if angled I would have bounced his silver AP...

Beware that still some ppl grind the 15 cm in tier 10, since they had it before. Damn, visual model of those 2 guns are so similar...derp is quite long...and 14 cm is kinda stubby by tier 10 standards.

1 hour ago, Felicius said:

Yesterday I made a mistake when facing a type 5, with no angling at all...he had stock 14 cm...easy pen in LFP, if angled I would have bounced his silver AP...

Beware that still some ppl grind the 15 cm in tier 10, since they had it before. Damn, visual model of those 2 guns are so similar...derp is quite long...and 14 cm is kinda stubby by tier 10 standards.

(1) Load into my new and improved E-75.
(2) Deliberately cruise into mediums
(3) Snapshot Batchats as they bounce, switch to gold, and struggle to pen you as you rebalance their face with 12.8 cms of lead.
(4) Make credits thanks to the cheap shells

The only thing that irks me is that the reload was, and still is long enough that you feel punished when your snapshots miss thanks to RNG. I suspect pubbies will play it like a Tiger II now, which, if nothing else, is going to be cancerous to watch and cancerous to play against.

It snap shots like a wicked one. 

I havent got it myself but been facing it alot. What stood out was I got owned in my obj252. I couldnt hide my lower plate but I thought the distance was an advantage to get myself into a better spot - not so good. That E-75 just rolled in and out of cover, never stopping and yet snapping 4 shots on the move hitting lower plate and damn cupola - in a row. The last hit wasnt even funny haha. 

But I guess its some RNG to this as well. Ive been hitting turret ring of T-54 from 400m two times in a row so I guess I had it coming lol. I still feel sorry for him, showing just enough for two shots so slide in under his turret, he must have thrown something out. 

However, back to subject. Are Germans tanks overbuffes or is it just the Maus which is broken?

1 hour ago, Wessmen said:

However, back to subject. Are Germans tanks overbuffes or is it just the Maus which is broken?

I would say the latter.  E75, at least, got a much-needed gun handling buff given how much power creep there has been with other T9s, particularly the heavies.  

Take this with an RNG sized grain of salt, but I nailed a 59-16 around F-4 on Lakeville while on the move from B-7 into B-8.  That would never have happened pre-buff.  It would have had to have a miracle for that to happen previously.  Also, as @Archaic_One said, you can poke and fire without always having to trade damage now.

On 2.3.2017 at 1:52 PM, ProfessorMunroe said:

I would say the latter.  E75, at least, got a much-needed gun handling buff given how much power creep there has been with other T9s, particularly the heavies.  

^^ this.

First game for me after buff I got Radley and the ultimate stomp feel.
 Actually played pretty bad- mongo sidescraping due to lack of feel- but did a couple of shots on half-distance not fully aimed in
that would have been clear misses for sure before buff.
It has to be said MM was maximum confort zone though.
Tier 9- the best stomp tier at times and E75 feels more like old times. Armor still veeeery nice when you are top dog.
Its a monster then

On 3/15/2017 at 10:04 AM, ProxyCentauri said:

Armor still veeeery nice when you are top dog.
Its a monster then

Yeah if you can stop them from shooting lower plate you're a god against lower tiers.  A little more LFP armor would have been nice, though.  Maybe they could just do their cheapass "add spare track links that somehow equate to 20mm of hardened steel plate" stealthbuff all along the LFP? :doge:

6 minutes ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

Yeah if you can stop them from shooting lower plate you're a god against lower tiers.  A little more LFP armor would have been nice, though.  Maybe they could just do their cheapass "add spare track links that somehow equate to 20mm of hardened steel plate" stealthbuff all along the LFP? :doge:

I mean, you still get ~210mm of armor on the LFP which is enough to fend off tier 7 HTs (TDs don't count since I haven't seen a decent tier 7 TD w/ full MM outside of the 122-44 which mounts the D-25t). I'd say its biggest weakness is damage output. The pen is a little low, with unexceptional handling on the gun makes for a tank that isn't exactly great at pushing (I still loved it though).

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I mean, you still get ~210mm of armor on the LFP which is enough to fend off tier 7 HTs (TDs don't count since I haven't seen a decent tier 7 TD w/ full MM outside of the 122-44 which mounts the D-25t). I'd say its biggest weakness is damage output. The pen is a little low, with unexceptional handling on the gun makes for a tank that isn't exactly great at pushing (I still loved it though).

Yeah it's not the 7s that are a problem (unless they load gold), it's the 8s and 9s combined with the overall size of the LFP.  anyways, it's really not that bad.

have you played it since the buff? The gun handling is much better.  bloom stats are still a bit worse than a wz1111114 but the better aim time and accuracy even it out (I'd actually be curious to see one of RichardNixon's graphs on this).  Pen-wise it's the same as the WZ (AP), so while below T9 HT peers overall, it's on par with the only other 490 alpha one.