TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

290 posts in this topic

E100 is stronk tenk. One of the best parts about the E100 is that you can angle the whole tank is such a way that you are essentially impenetrable. Idk if that E100 was angling his turret like a boss or if the E4s were just failures, but in their defense an E100 is capable of bouncing just about anything if played correctly.

This. E100 is my number one played tank and it is definitely capable of making people cry with its armor. T57 bouncing two full clips of HEAT? Totally a thing. Jagzilla bouncing HEAT as you facehug and pen him with AP? Totally a thing. Exchanging AP rounds with an E4 and having him pen you 1 of 6 times? Totally a thing.

But I digress, this is the E75 thread. The one capacity it lacks that *can* hamstring it is it's inability to angle the turret without making the turret cheeks pennable. However, by looking right at the offending tank, with your hull properly angled to deflect most shots (with the LFP hidden it will bounce all), and changing direction forwards/backwards quickly and unpredictably, you can minimize the chance of a penetration to the small turret face and increase the chance of the mantlet or turret cheeks eating the shot for no damage.

This. E100 is my number one played tank and it is definitely capable of making people cry with its armor. T57 bouncing two full clips of HEAT? Totally a thing. Jagzilla bouncing HEAT as you facehug and pen him with AP? Totally a thing. Exchanging AP rounds with an E4 and having him pen you 1 of 6 times? Totally a thing.

But I digress, this is the E75 thread. The one capacity it lacks that *can* hamstring it is it's inability to angle the turret without making the turret cheeks pennable. However, by looking right at the offending tank, with your hull properly angled to deflect most shots (with the LFP hidden it will bounce all), and changing direction forwards/backwards quickly and unpredictably, you can minimize the chance of a penetration to the small turret face and increase the chance of the mantlet or turret cheeks eating the shot for no damage.

E100 is also my most played at ~1500 battles I think.

But yes, very true, you do NOT angle the E75's turret. This is why the 250mm of armor on the turret face is such a huge asset. Consistent penetration of the E75's turret face is possible with only a handful of guns when not firing gold, which is one of the factors that make it such an excellent brawler/peek-a-boomer.

The only problem lies in engaging multiple lanes of fire from a semi exposed position, as normally whatever lane you turn turret to engage is fine but the other lane gets open shots on turret cheeks that become rather easy to pen. A relatively easy to avoid situation for experienced players, but I think for disclosure's sake for less experienced players it is worth pointing that out. All tanks can't have T32 turrets unfortunately. lol

E-75 is my fave tank, so I agree that it's extremely awesome. It was also my first tier 9, so I can only wonder what sort of stats I could have gotten in it if I played it starting today.

I think you may need to work on your positioning/angling. An angled E75 is VERY difficult to penetrate, and hull down doesn't do much because cupola.

I find that at some points the E75 is a Steel Wall printing press and other times its armour is swiss cheese, looking at that picture I probably don't angle enough so the UFP/LFP aren't protecting me as much as they could...

But I did have a super carry (Steel Wall / High Caliber (~6k) / Tank Sniper) this morning in a Tier 10 match -- bounced a ton of shots and generally rampaged all over the place and brushed off a yolo or two. Easily a top 3 fav tank atm.

Hmm i have a youtube video of my E75 back when it had the stock (KT) gun.

Forgive me it was my first youtube video and i was trying to be funny there.

would anyone possibly be interested in reviewing a couple replays i am seriously struggling with this tank. i finished my is8 grind on almost 2200 dpg 58% wr and that tank has no armour but i can barely muster 1900dpg in the e75.

in tier 9 its to slow do to anything but hope the enemy heavies deploy on your flank so you can get dmg or do the odd slow carry, tier ten everything just eats me up like butter, the gold round creep has not served this tank well. and that cupola oh man you wouldnt think it would be easy to hit but i went banana road on himmelsdorf yesterday and i got eaten up in less than a minute because i sidescraped with the cupola exposed. completley my fault i know but its kind of annoying.

im really not enjoying this tank at all. also is the 105mm a viable option? the lack of gold pen would probly hurt but it reload almost twice as fast as the derp cannon.

Imo the Stock gun is good for the stock grind but i wouldn't recommend it over the 128mm for actual gameplay since you want to punish people and go back to being invulnerable behind cover.

It's basically practive before the E100 high alpha playstyle.

b4ea429906.jpg
I can't believe at one point in time I considered selling this tank.  It's a terror at tier 9 and has the alpha to go toe-to-toe with tier 10 juggernauts.  Definitely one of my favorite tanks and I'm ashamed I don't have permanent camo for this tank yet (I know, heresy).

In my opinion, it's far more enjoyable than the E100 that comes after it.

the buffed up VK 45.02 B is also a bad ass tank..can bully tier 9 and below no problem..assuming you dont get flanked..and the angled frontal armour can bounce tier 10 TD especially the LFG..but its sooo slow..even the E100 can out flanked it..the E75 is still the king of tier 9 HT

y u guiz no talk teh stock grindz moar?

But seriously - what's the details on the stock grind here?  The long 88 was a great stock gun for the KT - probably the best stock gun in the game as far as the tanks I've driven go.  Is it really tolerable to use the thing on the E 75 as well?

Here's my thing - I bought the E 75 and it brought me down to 607 credits.  I have 42,752 free XP to work with - I don't convert.  I can afford to either buy the top turret and plop the long 105 on it after grinding some credits, or else I can just research the top tracks and engine.

What's important to get first?  Turret, then gun?  Or tracks, then engine, then the turret and gun?

Turret: if someone figures out you're using a KT turret they will pen it all day, erry day, from every angle. I'm not really sure about where the gun fits in this because all upgrades are quite essential. An E-75 without tracks and engine for maximum rotation speed is a handicapped vehicle but on the other hand, nobody at tier 9/10 fears 320 alpha. Basically, I played this tank when it was brand new (was on a fully upgraded KT when they split the lines) so I never had that much to fear compared to today.

Can the stock tracks handle the turret weight?

I have no idea but this is why I have enhanced suspension for every class in every nation I play: Even if you have to play somewhat stock, there's no reason to gimp yourself more than necessary.

E75? more like E BULLY

My stats for 95% solo

BeuXzLt.png

Open tank inspector and see the maximum armor values you can get. Use that angle to approach. Laugh. Laugh more.

If you are top tier and playing this tank passively, you are doing it wrong. This is the most common mistake I see in pubs.

Can the stock tracks handle the turret weight?

No, but if you're that broke it's fine to use enhanced suspension and get tracks later. The modules are more important than the third equipment piece by far. With 43k free exp I would research the turret and grind out the big gun. I don't recall how much of an improvement the second engine gives but you're probably safe to research that third, then the tracks.

Seriously though, you would do a lot better to run a tourney or get one of the currently discounted gold packages and just convert these x5s to get you started. The stock grind is simply awful and video games are supposed to be fun.

No, but if you're that broke it's fine to use enhanced suspension and get tracks later. The modules are more important than the third equipment piece by far. With 43k free exp I would research the turret and grind out the big gun. I don't recall how much of an improvement the second engine gives but you're probably safe to research that third, then the tracks.

Seriously though, you would do a lot better to run a tourney or get one of the currently discounted gold packages and just convert these x5s to get you started. The stock grind is simply awful and video games are supposed to be fun.

The stock grind on that thing is absolutely intolerable. I played several matches after I transferred the crew and equipment (rammer VStab optics) from my KT. I had a number of matches where I was penned every shot - I have to assume they just shot the turret every time.

Also, this thing is an absurd arty magnet. I think I had like three matches where arty dropped direct hits on me on the first try while I was moving at least a bit.

Researched the turret, bought it, found out the hard way I can't mount it on stock tracks (screw you WG) FINALLY researched the tracks now I just gotta grind a bit more credits with the SP to buy the tracks.

I am just about to finish the stock grind and can fully confirm that this is the way to go. Free XP the top turret and get belleville washers to mount it and you are good to go. However I would argue that the engine upgrade has priority over the big gun simply because the top engine allows you to have an easier time to get back to base in order to defend (getting engine first got me Ace tanker in the next game. Would have been too slow without it. Also it allows you to angle your armor better. I sometimes had trouble keeping it angled for enemies with the stock one) and 105mm APCR is a great gun for this tank: Opposed to the 128mm you can perma track enemies. No one seems to expect that from an E-75 and the armor allows you to use the higher RoF gun. In fact if 105mm APCR wasn't so expensive I would be tempted not to use the 128mm gun.

So if you can stand the 105mm with ample gold when needed I would recommend to go turret --> engine --> gun --> tracks assuming you have everything on the KT unlocked already (shame on you if you don't).

KT was elited.

I didn't have the 300,000-500,000 or whatever the damn suspension thingy cost, so I just ran a few matches stock to get the 5k XP or whatever that I needed for the upgrade tracks. The long 88 was surprisingly not-entirely-awful as a stock gun, although I'll drop a long 105 in it as soon as I grind some creds with the SP.

I'm interested in more debate about whether to prioritize the gun or the engine though.

Set APCR to primary on the 105mm and you should get engine. If you're too cheap for that, get the big gun.

Hi

I bought the E75 yesterday, I was about to buy the IS-8 but I completely forgot I had this beast unlocked for like a few weeks. No need to think more, welcome, E75.

Damnit, where have you been all my life?

Yes, I wont be the best E75 driver but I'm happy enough with what I have right now.

I'm playing without the elite engine, gotta save up Free exp for IS-8 and WZ-120. It's a torture but the x5s are great so it's not gonna take a lot of time. I had to free exp the turret and tracks, I got the 128mm gun from the 4502B already (Yes, I'm one of those idiots who got the 128mm there, unlocking the second 105mm of the Tiger II in a TIer IX heavy, kill me) so I'm ready to go.

I have some problems with angling though, rushed a half-hp E75 yesterday with my full HP E75, he was able to take a chunk of my hp while I was still working on him, for some reason, he could penetrate me with every shot,  either I was angling bad or he was unloading APCR.

I'm happy, I think I found the fun tank I was looking for.

If you put a replay of it, I can probably figure out where it went wrong. That said, you must be aware that your turret hatch is a weakspot and good players WILL target it: Learn to do some light turret wiggles that doesn't expose the side much and your survivability goes up. IIRC, E-75 is my most played tank and I have some 500 battles in it, so it's an amazing amount of fun and my go-to tank if we need somthing heavy in a platoon or they wanna play 10s while my E-100 is in battle (E-75 is really tier 9.5).

E-100 is just as much fun as an E-75, once you learn to manage your turret, so there's something to look forward to there as well.