TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

290 posts in this topic

If you put a replay of it, I can probably figure out where it went wrong. That said, you must be aware that your turret hatch is a weakspot and good players WILL target it: Learn to do some light turret wiggles that doesn't expose the side much and your survivability goes up. IIRC, E-75 is my most played tank and I have some 500 battles in it, so it's an amazing amount of fun and my go-to tank if we need somthing heavy in a platoon or they wanna play 10s while my E-100 is in battle (E-75 is really tier 9.5).

E-100 is just as much fun as an E-75, once you learn to manage your turret, so there's something to look forward to there as well.

He wasn't aiming for that turret hatch, I was, when he was trying to sidescrappe. I had two IS-3s (in different games) penetrating my angled E-75 right at the side armor, to the front, where it's only like 210/240mm or something, I'm guessing I need to increment the angle on that specific part without exposing the lower plate too much.

I'm contantly on the move though, especially during reloads.

Well, the stock grind is confirmed as mind-numbingly bad. Thankfully I am extremely tight with my free XP and never really spend it below Tier 8 these days at all, so I only needed to play a relative handful of matches and grind like 5k XP to get the tracks+turret. I cannot imagine playing the thing through the entire stock grind. By comparison the M103 only needed the second gun purchased with free XP.

I seriously think like 75%-80% of the hits on my E 75 last night were pens, presumably due to the turret, and I'll be damned if arty didn't have a serious hardon for me in every single match, even Tier 10 matches. T95 rolling by? E100 available to shoot at? Open-top TD spotted motionless? Fuck that shit, there's Florb in an E 75. SHOOT that fucker.

the ears not on the stock turret are a dead giveaway, and to my surprise the stock turret does not a have great cupola from the KT the rounded off 150mm top, i think you also keep the 40mm autopen roof.

The KT turret face is only about 180mm and close to vertical anyway, so it's not like most tanks are gonna have problems penning it. Tier 7 heavies have a >50% chance to pen the turret face with AP on a flat shot.

Well, got everything on it except the 128mm gun, and frankly it's still quite strong...even though the crew still hasn't quiiiiiite gotten back to 100% yet.  The top engine makes a VERY noticeable difference in hill performance.  The long 105 does the trick, really, only needing some APCR.  I carry 13 APCR currently and I think I've used all 13 rounds once, maybe twice tops, strictly because I got in a bad spot.

Arty still loves that thing, though.  I'm really glad that miserable On Track event is over and sky cancer levels can return to normal.  Had multiple instances of direct arty hits on the first try while I was moving, albeit not moving extremely fast in some instances.  It seems to be an arty magnet even in Tier 10 matches, although my XVM crapped out on me (computer issues) so it might well be that I was just the best player they could hit at the moment and got XVM sniped.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, though.  Sidescraping you can hold off multiple Tier 10 tanks, unless they eventually sack up and just swarm you.

yeah everyone and their mother will bum rush you while you reload, you got to spend that time preparing to angle to counter shots or begin a facehug if there is only 1 person if there is multiple drag out your turret at a sharp angle and start wiggling the turret only showing them a really poor shot on your cupola and when they attempt the shot snap the turret back into a protected position and watch them bounce of the auto bounce 60mm roof armour.

I like the tank slender profile its a much thinner target to hit than a E100.

I love face hugging Tortoise drivers as the biggest fuck you i can give to them, look at you so short down there why don't you dpm off my upper frontal plate and bounce or 252mm turret front that gets increase effectiveness due to you looking up at me. While I rip your machine gun loader a new asshole filled with 128mm rounds.   

I'd be worried to facehug anything with good depression; the UFP is like 160mm thick, and relies on the good slope; what's the effective thickness if something like a T32 facehugs you?

Man, playing this thing elited on the test server only makes having to grind out modules on live that much more painful.

Turret soon, then gun.

I can see the E75 becoming my 3rd tier 9 tank... Depends a bit on the Pershing I guess and how much games I lose on the Tiger 2. 

Thanks for the advice on what to free-exp etc. Will follow this thread with interest.

I am just about to finish the stock grind and can fully confirm that this is the way to go. Free XP the top turret and get belleville washers to mount it and you are good to go. However I would argue that the engine upgrade has priority over the big gun simply because the top engine allows you to have an easier time to get back to base in order to defend (getting engine first got me Ace tanker in the next game. Would have been too slow without it. Also it allows you to angle your armor better. I sometimes had trouble keeping it angled for enemies with the stock one) and 105mm APCR is a great gun for this tank: Opposed to the 128mm you can perma track enemies. No one seems to expect that from an E-75 and the armor allows you to use the higher RoF gun. In fact if 105mm APCR wasn't so expensive I would be tempted not to use the 128mm gun.

So if you can stand the 105mm with ample gold when needed I would recommend to go turret --> engine --> gun --> tracks assuming you have everything on the KT unlocked already (shame on you if you don't).

Going back to this post to re-discuss the stock grind.

The stock turret is intolerably bad, worse than the KT situation, really. The stock KT turret, the so-called "Porsche" turret, is pretty bad...but to be honest, the top turret on the KT isn't much better. A T29 or T32 has a >50% chance to pen the face of the top turret; a Tiger I, Tiger P or AMX M4 has even better odds. The sides are weak and the roof is overmatchable. So really, the top turret doesn't fundamentally change things; you go from having a weak turret to having a slightly weaker turret which is still a very weak point. Armor-wise, the KT is, as I've said before, a Tier 8 ARL 44: strong UFP, large and weak LFP, weak turret. The E 75 has the same stock turret issue, which is to say it's intolerably weak. The E 75 stock turret is the same as the top KT turret, which is weak enough at Tier 8.

Mobility-wise an E 75 with stock tracks and engine is sluggish as hell, but still manages to turn tolerably well. Tracks have to be top priority unless you have those Belleville Washers (or whatever they're called) in your inventory; either the top tracks or the Washers are required to mount the top turret.

As for the gun, the E 75 has the same easy time as the KT. The stock gun is the long 88. The long 88 is a fantastic stock gun for the KT, allowing it to contribute significantly right out of the box. It isn't quite as good for the E 75, being a tier higher, but it's still quite functional if you know when to load APCR. The combination of workable pen, high accuracy, high rate of fire, and excellent gun handling mean you can work weak points fairly well. Move on to the long 105 as soon as you have the credits, of course; the long 88's alpha is too low, really. The long 105 will serve well, so get the engine before the 128mm gun.

Fun tank so far.

Well running a stock E 75 on a long 88 is questionable, because welcome to high tiers where alpha is king and dpm starts to lose due to small windows of engagement, but some people like the flexibility the long 88 offers, but the question is does the E75 have enough mobility to utilise that gun?

otherwise i would stay with the Tiger 2 long 105mm gun and use it to grind for the 128mm which scares people and is your deliverance against filthy pubs. Alpha scares people it makes them question how many more hits can i take?     

The long 88mm on the E75 is a wery stupid idea. 105mm or gtfo.

Can confirm. With the long 105mm gun you can engage E-100s T10 heavies reliably. If you mount the 8,8cm gun most of them will see you as the XP Pinata you are. Tried harming an E-100 frontally with that gun? Good luck, because you need it in order to pen (you need a good angle AND a high pen roll...).
Just do yourself a favor and spare yourself the pain of the 8,8cm gun on a T9 heavy.

Also, APCR shells of the 88/71 are utter garbage. 235 APCR pen wat. The only T10 you can even think of engaging frontally with that kind of pen is the 113/FV215b, everything else is from very hard (E5) to nigh-on impossible (E100, IS-4) to absolutely impossible (Maus and IS-7)

I think you people are taking my comment a lot further than I meant it. Nobody would prefer the long 88 over the long 105 at Tier 9; I said it was a decent stock gun. I've certainly had worse.

I'm slowly starting to raise my DPG on this tank (currently, it has the highest of all my tanks with 40+ battles), it's too stronk, it's easymode.

So about three years ago I sold the E-75 and transferred the crew to the E-100, with a dragooned loader from the Pz. II to fill out the ranks.

With the close of the tier 8-10 discount and my having five female crew members in need of a tank, I thought I would repurchase this thing, see how it compares to the fabulous ST-I run I had during one of the IS-4 on track events. The last time I had one it was clearly a Super Tiger II, but it was still a 92 ton beast, ponderous despite the 1,200 horse engine. Wasn't sure what to expect with 300 fewer horses, improved terrain resistance or no.

Then I started going 35+ on flat ground.

BuzzBlink.gif

ExplosionBlast.gif

HaHaHaFingerWaggle.gif

Reload is a bit saddening, though.

Well you've been enlightened by the glorious E-75 it moves with German efficiency, the reload is saddening but with the transmission causing no more fires, I was thinking you can opt to run Chocolate over a fire extinguisher like Fungus was discussing in the E-100 thread of his.

Well you've been enlightened by the glorious E-75 it moves with German efficiency, the reload is saddening but with the transmission causing no more fires, I was thinking you can opt to run Chocolate over a fire extinguisher like Fungus was discussing in the E-100 thread of his.

Ehhh....there's still big slab sides and a 20% fire chance. I would be nervous. I opted for vents as my third equipment choice, which helps a bit. Also, the female crew has an inherent BiA. Perhaps once I get PM + some firefighting, but for now that feels too risky.

Would like to bring the question back to the stock grind, as I'm finding myself at a bit of a quandary on my E75 grind. I'm using the enhanced suspension equipment, and have the upgraded turret in place. Thank goodness for that, the old Tiger 2 turret was awful and got penned by pretty much everything!

My question is: I'm current about 43k xp into the grind. I was going straight for the top gun for big boom effect, and increased pen. However, I really struggle with the sluggishness of the E75 with stock tracks and stock engine, and I've wondered if it's a better upgrade path to get at least the stock engine first before the big gun. The Tiger 2's top gun is serviceable at tier 9, particularly as the reload is vastly improved, but the alpha can be a bit problematic in some games, particularly games filled with t10s, as you can't even trade effectively against mediums. I also struggle without using plenty of gold when forced to go face-to-face with t10 heavies, because I'm poor and stingy.

In regards to the mobility issue however, the poor climbing ability, particularly on soft terrain, and low top speed with the stock engine feels very limiting at times in terms of trying to deploy to a good location. So, is it worth detouring to the tracks/engine (or just one of them) before getting the big gun, or just go for the gun so that at least you can blap things?

I wouldn't, personally.  The improved agility is nice, one of the tanks under-appreciated features IMO, but the 128 completely changes how the tank plays. It lets you brawl and trade with a confidence thats just not possible with the 105. It also scares pubbies into respecting your space in a way the 105 doesn't.  At that tier nobody is scared of 300 damage, but 500 makes them wary. I'd just grit my teeth and grind out the 128 or go grind something else to get some free xp.

I really want to rebuy this tank... but I won't have a crew ready for it :/ And the fact that it needs 5 crew members to work means I have to finish all of the five Personal missions to get a full complement of crews ready for it >_<

Love this beast, but as I am really close to the E100, can you point me to the correct thread, also I am having a dilemma of what to with the crew, as they are about finished on their third crew skill. Should I move them to the E100, or keep them in E75, either way I am going to use female crew on one of them  :smallsmile: