TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

290 posts in this topic

For some reason, my E 75 WR is like seven percentage points below my M103 WR...even though the DPG is only slightly lower. Platooning ain't the answer either - if anything, my E 75 has been platooned MORE than my M103, yet its WR is still drastically lower.

It isn't me camping and just farming trash damage after the match is lost - I take the straightest path to the enemy and get in their face. It isn't me not knowing how to work the armor - I sidescrape to hide my LFP and the armor efficiency seems to say I'm working the armor right.

But still...I keep losing in it. Sample size is way beyond the point where luck could be a serious factor - certainly not enough to explain THIS bad a WR.

I admit it - I'm lost. It isn't even that I don't know how to work the thing, it's that it feels like I know how to work it, and my DPG and armor efficiency are telling me that I am handling it about as competently as I do the M103...and yet my WR is say lol ur a skreb lusir.

So I admit I'm so lost I can't even figure out exactly what it is I can't figure out. If it were a known unknown, I'd be less mystified, but this unknown unknown has me stymied.

For some reason, my E 75 WR is like seven percentage points below my M103 WR...even though the DPG is only slightly lower. Platooning ain't the answer either - if anything, my E 75 has been platooned MORE than my M103, yet its WR is still drastically lower.

It isn't me camping and just farming trash damage after the match is lost - I take the straightest path to the enemy and get in their face. It isn't me not knowing how to work the armor - I sidescrape to hide my LFP and the armor efficiency seems to say I'm working the armor right.

But still...I keep losing in it. Sample size is way beyond the point where luck could be a serious factor - certainly not enough to explain THIS bad a WR.

I admit it - I'm lost. It isn't even that I don't know how to work the thing, it's that it feels like I know how to work it, and my DPG and armor efficiency are telling me that I am handling it about as competently as I do the M103...and yet my WR is say lol ur a skreb lusir.

So I admit I'm so lost I can't even figure out exactly what it is I can't figure out. If it were a known unknown, I'd be less mystified, but this unknown unknown has me stymied.

While 215 games might seem like a lot, I believe it's still few enough where at least some of it can be attributed to sample size. There's also the play style aspect where certain tanks just might not fit you. Then of course there's the mental aspect where repeated failures feeds your complex which then induces more failure. 

Take myself for example. At ~250 games, my 62a W/R was sitting at a sub bot 45%. I LITERALLY could not make the tank work, I absolutely hated the thing and stopped playing it entirely. Then one day I played it and it just "felt" right. Now @ 553 games, I'm sitting at 62%.

Also post some replays so people can look at the mechanical aspects of your gameplay. 

For some reason, my E 75 WR is like seven percentage points below my M103 WR...

For the first 100 matches or so my VK B winrate was in the 43% range despite similar stats, that had me pretty miffed. Then I somehow started pulling 60% winrates and finished the grind with 49% at 250 battles. Winrate is luck, yo. Also 1.5 armor efficiency, op as fuck.

The 105mm from the Tiger 2 is a VERY nice gun to use for the grind. 230ish AP and 285 APCR  are more than serviceable. While grinding it myself, I did earn at least 3 masteries with the 105. Definately free exp the tracks and top turret, but the gun from the Tiger 2 is VERY worthwhile for the grind

E 75 and KT were about the easiest grinds I've had in this game. Probably only the T-34-85 has been in their ballpark.

So i got impatient and converted some XP to get the top gun and straight away realised that the E 75 with the 12.8 is a completely different beast requiring a different play style.

With the 10.5 you can snipe and track, hit cupolas and stuff and do some pretty good DPM.  With the 12.8 the accuracy isn't great so you have to get in a lot closer and forget about picking off cupolas and stuff ( I tried, I died)

Coming from the Tiger 1 and KT its going to take a while to get used to the difference!

Anyone have a recommendation as to what I should research first on my E-75? I have to choose between the gun and tracks, and am at 5k xp. Right now I'm using washers to mount the turret, so I think I should research the tracks first so I gain a DPM increase (I mounted vents originally) and move a bit faster. Or should I go for the long haul and just grind it out to the 128?

Anyone have a recommendation as to what I should research first on my E-75? I have to choose between the gun and tracks, and am at 5k xp. Right now I'm using washers to mount the turret, so I think I should research the tracks first so I gain a DPM increase (I mounted vents originally) and move a bit faster. Or should I go for the long haul and just grind it out to the 128?

I virtually always go for the gun before the tracks. 

I virtually always go for the gun before the tracks. 

I dunno, I already tend to work the 105 well, I permatracked an IS-7 to death using it, I wonder if the DPM increase will be better over the long 128 grind.

I dunno, I already tend to work the 105 well, I permatracked an IS-7 to death using it, I wonder if the DPM increase will be better over the long 128 grind.

While grinding out the 128mm, I earned my first MOE and at least 3 mastery badges w/ the 105. Its a very solid gun, one of the easiest to grind out a tier 9 HT with. Do get the turret and tracks ASAP, but the 105 is awesome to grind with if you dont have the free EXP

I will get shit on for this, but if I ever actually go so far as to rage-sell a tank, it will be the E 75.  I cannot buy a win in that thing.

I will get shit on for this, but if I ever actually go so far as to rage-sell a tank, it will be the E 75. 

Don´t.

There are days when I feel the same, but these are few. Most of the time, the E-75 is a joy to drive and the epitome of a heavy tank.

I am sure that E75 is one great machine. I dont have it, yet, to straight compare it to my ST-I or Conqueror, currently grinding that Tiger line.

But, i drove one in to a friends account, and i was not so excited about it. Yes, its faster than ST-I, but armor-wise i think that ST-I is at least the same, if not a little bit better (oh, now the whole forum will rip apart me :P )

Don´t.

There are days when I feel the same, but these are few. Most of the time, the E-75 is a joy to drive and the epitome of a heavy tank.

I'm not actually gonna sell it, but dammit, I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what.  I get almost the same DPG as in my M103, I platoon the E 75 MORE than the M103, and yet I remain stuck at 47% in the thing as opposed to 53%-54% in the M103.  I can't blame it on the stock-ish matches; the E 75 is a dream stock grind.

I'm getting close to just putting the long 105 back on it and using gold liberally.

While the E-75 is still a superior all-around tank, the VK4502B has become my go-to Tier 9 bricktonk. The much stronger LFP means HT missions are a piece of cake. So far I'm running a 78% WR with 1.6 armor use in the VK-- that means on average I bounce about 2100 damage PER GAME, giving my team almost the equivalent of an extra tier 10 worth of HP.

The lack of mobility does hamper the VK, and it is a lot more susceptible to flanking, but the VK does hold chokepoints better.

Tier 9 actually has a number of really good heavy tanks. E-75, Conqueror, VK4502B, M103, ST-1, and WZ111 1-4 are all good tanks. I also really enjoyed the AMX 50 120, but I know my experience was better than the majority. The only tier 9 heavy that I can't include with the others is the IS-8. While it's not as good as the other tier 9 heavies it still decent and not as bad in tier as the AMX 40 or similar tanks.

I usually laugh off IS-8s, but I did have one pen my SP four times in a row, right through the frontal armor.

The 105mm from the Tiger 2 is a VERY nice gun to use for the grind. 230ish AP and 285 APCR  are more than serviceable. While grinding it myself, I did earn at least 3 masteries with the 105. Definately free exp the tracks and top turret, but the gun from the Tiger 2 is VERY worthwhile for the grind

I am having great great games with it. Did the same you did, free xp turret and tracks only. I will try the 12.8mm gun eventually but its going to be a hard choice. The 105 has such a great aimtime, accuracy (for a heavy) and better DPM. 

I am currently sitting on 5.5 Destruction rate and 1.25 Armor Efficiency!

If you wanted DPM you should drive a med, not a heavy with a 490 boom stuck.

It's not just DPM, it's more accurate and has a better shell speed. So when you actually do need to snipe - it works better.

Its the fear factor E75 brings while mounting 12,8 cm in combintation of its agility & armor. If your sniping, its either late game or your in wrong position.

About DPM in a E75 think of shells being already loaded prior engagement against hardest targets enemy has brought into the battlefield ;

10,5 cm = potential dmg from 240-400, penetration AP 167-281, APCR 214-356

12,5 cm = potential dmg from 368-613, penetration AP 185-308, APCR 233-389

not mentioning beastly HE on 12,5 cm :P

I don't have it front of me right now. Is the APCR pen of the 105 enough to deal with Mausen, E-75/VKBs, E3s and IS-7s frontally? If not, reconsider.