TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

290 posts in this topic

I think that a quick browse through this thread should provide you with virtually all of you initial answers :)

^^ DAT!

The Tiger 2 gun is pretty reasonable, people may bitch about it but I was doing pretty okay damage wise with it. If you use free exp get the turret (which you can not mount without some track / suspension I think).

Not if you play the T54 like in that game though... ;) :P

I guess u mean the enemy T54 from ur game. Well u have to have at least some sense how to play it, thats true :D

Edited by mori_vinci_est

I guess u mean the enemy T54 from ur game. Well u have to have at least some sense how to play it, thats true :D

Yeah he kept feeding me damage blocked for some reason... 

I think that a quick browse through this thread should provide you with virtually all of you initial answers :)

So free XP turret and tracks, load gold on the 105mm, run vstab, rammer and vents, ???, Profit? ;)

Yeah he kept feeding me damage blocked for some reason... 

Well, my instant reaction would have been HEAT for the turret, but psst dont tell em' :awyeah:

So free XP turret and tracks, load gold on the 105mm, run vstab, rammer and vents, ???, Profit? ;)

Sounds about right... (Well the profit maybe not loading premium but)

Well, my instant reaction would have been HEAT for the turret, but psst dont tell em' :awyeah:

Unless he was running the T-44 gun... in which case he should have GTFO. 

BTW tanks.gg shows 2 bulbs on the side of the turret with less than 100 mm armor. Seems like a range finder or something... are those serious weak points or just module damage? I don't think I ever shot at them in game...

The 105 is good enough, so standard ammo will serve you just fine in many situations.

So I finally scrounged up the loot to purchase and equip the E75 and here are my initial thoughts after playing 18 games last night:

It's an arty magnet. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 4 of the bastards it's like they get auto-detection and auto-aiming. "Oh hey I see you've gotten into a good position and are lining up a juicy flank shot, but fuck you. KABOOM."

Armor is way more workable than the KT. Gun handling with the 105 is fine. Pen can be a little lacking against some targets. (Hull down T30 I'm looking at you!) Stock engine is 'meh' so probably going to unlock that before the top gun.

I don't think it will be a bad tank to grind. Just have to get used to moar arty, moar gold spammers and less shitters to feed on. ;)

@Rodrigopine don't look at hull down T30's. Just relocate.

Doesn't feel like a grind to me.

True! When they are out in the open though their hulls are quite squishy!

Overall my performance was far from stellar last night. But I did find that permatracking hard to pen targets is a totally viable tactic.

True! When they are out in the open though their hulls are quite squishy!

Overall my performance was far from stellar last night. But I did find that permatracking hard to pen targets is a totally viable tactic.

^^ this is viable at all tiers... I have done this in my T1 Heavy in tier 7 games... laughing at stealing half the damage of higher tier tanks because of tracking shots... ;)

So, 40 games in and I can say that I do like the E-75 a lot. With the 105mm it feels a lot like a KT only with actual armor that works! Am interested to see how much the play style changes with the top gun unlocked...

Thanks for all the tips/feedback so far community.

76 games in 63% damage rating. This tank is another MoE waiting to happen (I know 1st MoE just shows I am not a complete n00b... still happy with it).

This tank is now on my focus list. I evaluated my garage, credit balance and time left for X-mas 15% discounts and I decided that the E75 (Probably needing another 100-150 games to the Hundo), the JTPanther and the T-43 are viable for an upgrade if I play a lot of premium tanks (because IS-7 is unlocked and getting 2 tier 10's and 2 tier 8's is going to cost me between 12 and 15 Million).

The armor on this tank is real though... I have blocked IS-7's and E5's on Fjords when top tier heavies were late to the south corner... (Oh I did NOT like shooting that E5 at all... at least the IS-7 was showing his LFP :p )

14 minutes ago, hallo1994 said:

I keep trying to remember why I keep this tank... :/

Because E75 == love, E75 == life... tanking easy mode. Damage blocked by armor is fun... it even blocks tier 10 HT guns.. 

What's not to love?
Gun is accurate enough to pen other E75's in the cupola, other E75's tend to not hit yours because... ehm I dunno...

On 02/11/2015, 11:58:37, hallo1994 said:

I keep trying to remember why I keep this tank... :/

You keep playing to have games like this one:

0Tln5uQ.jpg

I go through my crew and look at my jpe100 crew at five skills and wonder why i need five skills in a jpe100 loader. I demote my e75 driver to jpe100 loader and promote old jpe100 loader to e75 driver. The new driver gets 100% controlled impact and a little left over bit of off road driving.

Waiting patiently for a good downhill ram in this with super heavy spall liner and controlled impact. For now, i shall settle for never wishing i had two first aid kits.

On 10/21/2015 at 3:07 AM, Golem501 said:

BTW tanks.gg shows 2 bulbs on the side of the turret with less than 100 mm armor. Seems like a range finder or something... are those serious weak points or just module damage? I don't think I ever shot at them in game...

I believe they are "weakspots" as I've penned them a couple times on accident. They're not something I've ever aimed for, but I've RNG'd into them.

On 22/10/2015 at 4:39 PM, Rodrigopine said:

So I finally scrounged up the loot to purchase and equip the E75 and here are my initial thoughts after playing 18 games last night:

It's an arty magnet. Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 4 of the bastards it's like they get auto-detection and auto-aiming. "Oh hey I see you've gotten into a good position and are lining up a juicy flank shot, but fuck you. KABOOM."

Armor is way more workable than the KT. Gun handling with the 105 is fine. Pen can be a little lacking against some targets. (Hull down T30 I'm looking at you!) Stock engine is 'meh' so probably going to unlock that before the top gun.

I don't think it will be a bad tank to grind. Just have to get used to moar arty, moar gold spammers and less shitters to feed on. ;)

Your gonna love the e100 so! Soon as your spotted your arty fodder. City maps are great fun though. E75 is a boss, think I have about 70% wr, 100% solo. E100... Not so good yet...

I am playing the E100 mainly in Domination... I want to unlock the gun...

Too bad my E75 crew moved on... running the Tiger 1 until I ace it and then the crew will retrain to the E75 because that tank is a keeper. But the new loader still needs to get BIA... *sigh*

I've been playing this tank a lot lately.  I noticed something odd about it's mm.  

It seems to be pretty rare that you'll meet any tier 7 tanks.  Usually tier 9 matches are 8s and 9s, at most 1-2 non-scout 7's.  Not a big deal since this tank is a beast and bullies everything same or lower tier.  But, I would love the opportunity to shit all over some tier 7's a little more often.

On 23 February 2016 at 6:24 PM, Alex5978 said:

I've been playing this tank a lot lately.  I noticed something odd about it's mm.  

It seems to be pretty rare that you'll meet any tier 7 tanks.  Usually tier 9 matches are 8s and 9s, at most 1-2 non-scout 7's.  Not a big deal since this tank is a beast and bullies everything same or lower tier.  But, I would love the opportunity to shit all over some tier 7's a little more often.

I seem to get only tier 10 matches. Is this to do with MM weighing of a heavy? Compared to the E50 I hardly ever get top tier in the E75. It would be nice to bully some lower tiers for a change..

I'm sure the tank is great but I've been sucking hard in it so far. 

I have been "forced" to play the E75 in the last couple of days and I just can't stand it anymore. It was awesome but now I've ruined it.

Time to move on, I will keep it because it's sexy as hell, but I'll find a decent crew for my T-10 and I will grind out the E50, these will become my main IXs.

I had a good time though.

46 minutes ago, Torenico said:

I had a good time though.

Have you tried putting 105-octane Gasoline on it and marveling at how it can spin in circles faster than most medium tanks?