104 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Just goes to show how trash the turret is.

Well... I won't argue on THAT but you can't call something a weak spot if it has the same armor value as the rest of the tank...

then again KV-4 does not inspire fear, this is true, the most annoying thing in that line tier for tier I can think of is the ST-I.. I know the IS-4 is stronk but even that I don't really worry about when meeting one in battle...

On 11/22/2015, 3:36:12, Golem501 said:

Lies! The hatch has the same armor as the turret. 

I don't know what to tell you. I hit it 3 times a point blank range.

How much does this KV4 catch on fire? I only ask cause the KV3 goes up like a roman candle every other battle and sometimes more than once.

it has fuel tanks in the front left side if you fight it head on. if you fight without decent cover expect to burn once in 5 games from my experience. 2 times in one game is really bad luck if you fight multiple enemys hitting your modules.

1 hour ago, MeVersusPing said:

it has fuel tanks in the front left side if you fight it head on. if you fight without decent cover expect to burn once in 5 games from my experience. 2 times in one game is really bad luck if you fight multiple enemys hitting your modules.

Thanks for the tip!

Ok how to push in this thing? If i stay still and shoot they pen my tumor, if i push they pen my lfp and ufp weakspots and turret face. So how not to get penned? Because it feels like I'm driving a slow swiss chease. 

This tank is a challenge. I'm convinced that MM hates this tank. I've gotten 2 to 3k  damage, 3-4 kills and still lost. 42% win rate! Bots aren't even that bad! I don't have the top engine yet but I don't even think it's going to help.

Oh and on a side note:
1. Fuck you tier X arty with a broomstick handle
2. See #1 and repeat.

1 hour ago, Golem501 said:

That side note is valid for almost any tank... 

True, but if you're a slow lumbering pile of shit it makes it that much easier for them.

Was even tempted to jack the  tank with oil/governor/food just to see if it could help get out of it's own way. But then I realized the tank catches fire every other game, get's tracked at least 5 times a game, and everyone but the radio man dies so that might not be a good idea. And I don't even have the top engine yet.

34 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

True, but if you're a slow lumbering pile of shit it makes it that much easier for them.

And yet they even hit my lights when full speed on the move... BUT the other day I dodged a shell with my JT88 so yeah balanced ;) 

Anyway you should not camp :P 

KV-4 upgraded for .13 patch are confusing:

KV-4:

• Aiming time of the 107 mm ZiS-24 gun for the KV-4 turret reduced from 3.4 s to 3.1 s
  • Reload time of the 107 mm ZiS-24 gun for the KV-4 turret decreased from 11.4 s to 11 s
  • Aiming time of the 107 mm ZiS-24 gun for the KV-4-5 turret reduced from 3.4 s to 2.9 s
  • Reload time of the 107 mm ZiS-24 gun for the KV-4-5 turret decreased from 11.1 s to 10.3 s
  • Durability with the KV-4-5 turret increased from 1650 to 1700 HP

What is a KV-4-5? And why is there no engine buff!?

Makes perfect sense to me. The aim time and reload of the Zis-24 when mounted in the turret module called KV-4 was buffed.

The aim time, reload of the Zis-24 when mounted in the turret module called KV-4-5 were buffed, along with the max hitpoints of a KV-4 with the turret module called KV-4-5.

11 hours ago, Psykmoe said:

Makes perfect sense to me. The aim time and reload of the Zis-24 when mounted in the turret module called KV-4 was buffed.

The aim time, reload of the Zis-24 when mounted in the turret module called KV-4-5 were buffed, along with the max hitpoints of a KV-4 with the turret module called KV-4-5.

Makes sense now that I look at the wiki. 

That's a very minor buff.  And I sold mine today, finally, after finishing the grind to the ST-I.  

I did well in it.  But it really only does one thing well.  Find a key position on a flank where you can side scrape with tentative players on the other team and you can anchor a side, holding off 4 or 5 tanks.  But, gawd, it's a lumbering beast!  I've enjoyed all the tanks in the line so far except this one.  

Won't miss it.  There are too many other lumbering heavies that are better.  

After the buffs now 8.5 seconds reload with bia / vent / rammer, combine the aim time buff and the gun is now rly good, not as good as IS3 / KT, but better as anything else

God the KV-4 is bad, even after the buffs. Its gun still handle's like shit, your slow and have worthless armor to anything with 200+ pen (aka almost everything tier 8 and up).

Its hard to imagine that the IS-3 and the KV-4 are at the same tier. The only thing it is good at is shitting on lower tier and even then the IS-3 is better.

I would rather play the IS-2 with tier 8 mm instead

God the KV-4 is bad, even after the buffs. Its gun still handle's like shit, your slow and have worthless armor to anything with 200+ pen (aka almost everything tier 8 and up).

Its hard to imagine that the IS-3 and the KV-4 are at the same tier. The only thing it is good at is shitting on lower tier and even then the IS-3 is better.

I would rather play the IS-2 with tier 8 mm instead

wut, just look this game my armor / gun handling, its not bad at all :P

http://wotreplays.com/site/2354374#winter_himmelsdorf-gehaktemolen-kv-4

I like this tank but the problem is after I wipe everyone out that's near me it takes me a year and a half to get to the other side where the rest of the battle is going on. By that time it's all over.

My max WN8 in this tank has been 1900. Think it's time to increase my APCR to 20, up from 8, for those tier X games. :)

Definitely a good tank, my armor held up quite well and gun was not bad to the point i like it more than the STIh2QeVPh.jpg

Damn. 2200 dpg. I only get that if I'm top or mid tier. Tier X I get wrecked.

Need to carry more APCR.

Played it for the first time since the buff, feels almost like a new tank. You can actually hit something now and the DPM is no longer a total joke. Still pretty inflexible but it's finally competitive in its single viable "brick heavy" role.