104 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2017 at 1:10 PM, Fedaykin89 said:

As a former lover of the KV-4 (still have it in my garage, but with a ghetto crew with something like 80% Repairs) I should be happy with these changes, but.... the flat out removal of weakspots, as a mentality, pisses me off because it's just another aspect of dumbing the game down big time.

Know what you mean. Not fond of this route of weakspot removal, but on the other hand, they're being consistent, as the classic KV weakspots got removed on all the other HD models.

To me the HD KV-4 armor seems like they decided to simplify its armor layout, removing the various different armor plates (and weakspots) & make it into uniform armor slabs. This is reflected during gameplay as the armor feels more reliable now. Not in the 'I can bounce higher pen guns' way but more that you can bounce lower pen guns easier (and thereby make it harder for lower tier / low pen tanks to fight you).

Still driving the KV-4 into battle & having fun. I did notice an odd advantage of the KV-4 over the Defender during battles; mobility... Turns out it can outmaneuver a Defender that decides to rush you. Not something you should gun for, but when you land in such situation, it can be a nice surprise. And generally not something the Defender player expects.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:08 PM, Tanager said:

Top gun makes a huge difference on the KV4.  And with the ST-I, you will a turret that almost nothing can pen frontally, so there's that to look forward to. :)

Until you face that JPE-HEAT100.

Anyone notice the turret ring/mantlet is bugged? The visual model shows the mantlet clearly stop before the turret ring, the armor model has the mantlet cover most of the center:

EcUryxb.png

RIP thinking I could pen that.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Anyone notice the turret ring/mantlet is bugged? The visual model shows the mantlet clearly stop before the turret ring, the armor model has the mantlet cover most of the center:

EcUryxb.png

RIP thinking I could pen that.

Da comrade, is spectre of communism