JunkersHiryu

For Great Justice! JunkersHiryu's Q&A Thread!

158 posts in this topic

I'll make a video response to this as what i'm trying to tell you may not be conveyed properly. You'll have to wait about 4 hours for that though.

If it isn't too much of a hassle for you, I can wait. Highly appreciated

Finally my favorite cum gets a Q&A.

Understand where you can and cannot go! I post this video a lot, it walks you through my though process on what i'm doing in a high damage Leo game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJOCxfYWms

Nice game. How were you so confident that you could take that early forward position down south? Many times I worry about overexposure, and I would have definitely stopped at the first ridge where that Maus was sniping from.

Nice game. How were you so confident that you could take that early forward position down south? Many times I worry about overexposure, and I would have definitely stopped at the first ridge where that Maus was sniping from.

Has anyone ever pushed south succesfully. It seems that its just a killing zone and free xp for west spawn..

1) how so sexay and make look easy?

2) will you show me/us how to tier 8 heavy in tier 10 games?

I had a good game in my Lowe the other day. Tell me what T8 tank you want to see me play and i'll make a replay with commentary or you. Experience makes it look very nuanced, it really isn't as easy as people make it seem especially when under tiered.

Nice Vid but I was hoping to get your thoughts on a few things.

When playing west server at night I find too many one sided ROFLSTOMPS.  In the Leopard 1 I can rush out, get early spotting and early damage, and then that is it as the pubbies rush to die as blindingly fast as possible.  I love playing the Leopard 1 due to its mobility and Gun but I cant do much against the kind of shitlord teams I get that melt.  As a result you need to move around and snipe at range a fair amount due to lack of Armour.  You need your team mates to live a few minutes to get value out of this. The team never obliges.

Q. How would you approach shit teams in your leo 1?

Q. How would you play brawling maps like Himmelsdorf / Severgorsk in your leo 1.

I find that if I want to win I need to be the heavy tank back bone of the team, ESPECIALLY at Tier 10. Otherwise the team just melts super fast.

You know the drill, People with 30k games, 42% Win Rate and 300 WN8 playing E100's and IS7.  

At tier 10 its very hard to make up for that level of fail....  How do you approach these games? What do you do to mitigate these shortfalls?

Thanks 

I rarely play my Leo west late at night because of this... Big forgiving tanks such as the E-100 do much better for carrying then the Leo will. But if you insist on playing the Leo then there are some basic things you must do. 

1. You need to do as much damage as possible, focusing on the fast movers (Meds and Lights in particular) because they will be the ones you can't keep track of late and ruin your carry attempt. 
  2. You can fade as much as you want but remember you are still a Tier 10 tank, any time your presence is not felt in the fight you are actively hurting your team.
  3. Mid game game keep in mind even the most basic of pubbies understand that you have zero armor. Always have an escape plan, never get boxed in. Ever.
  4. On city maps you have options but you'll need to work around your allies to make sure you are doing damage and receiving none. 
  5. If youre up at end game use your mobilty for clean up, if youre down always hunt down solo tanks and shoot from camo. Finish off the straggers and leave the heavies to fight other things so they dont focus you out. Move around them and don't take too many shots from the same position.

Hopefully that helps a little bit though its much easier to follow it in motion.

People RARELY push south in earnest, if they do i can spot it out through the team comp. I always go south in the Leo because you can catch them LONG before they even get to that bridge. If you have even a modicum of support fire that first tank crossing is dead or wishing he was. I used do that in my more heavy meds... Leo, Bat, STB are all going forward and if the pressure is hot drive into that last building. let the spot fade and run.

Why are you such a pubbie shitlorde

I ran out of bikes to steal.

Has anyone ever pushed south succesfully. It seems that its just a killing zone and free xp for west spawn..

It's a terrible idea but mostly swamp is a clock if you spawn north you're going west and they're going east. That map stalemates a lot because of vision games though so patience is key... i don't have any though!

I had a good game in my Lowe the other day. Tell me what T8 tank you want to see me play and i'll make a replay with commentary or you. Experience makes it look very nuanced, it really isn't as easy as people make it seem especially when under tiered.

I watched that game live. Fantastic.

Please do the T32. I'm struggling so hard to find a way to play that thing in tier 10 games. Like 46% bad, 1300 wn8 compared to 54% and 1300 wn8 in Tiger II.

I just can't make it work to win.

I watched that game live. Fantastic.

Please do the T32. I'm struggling so hard to find a way to play that thing in tier 10 games. Like 46% bad, 1300 wn8 compared to 54% and 1300 wn8 in Tiger II.

I just can't make it work to win.

Nonsense! The T32 is fantastic! It's a Slower but better armored Pershing! The gun is.... lacking but you are very well protected. Back before 8.6 it was nigh impenetrable from the front when hull down now its RNG that wills it. The thing with the american heavies is you need to lok ahead and find things to hide behind, rocks, pieces of metal, pipes anything scanning your surroundings is half the battle in a tank that cant brawl. Though the upper play is bouncy sometimes against tens it won't help much. I'll have to save up and buy it back but i enjoyed it quite a bit would be nice to step back into it again.

Nonsense! The T32 is fantastic! It's a Slower but better armored Pershing! The gun is.... lacking but you are very well protected. Back before 8.6 it was nigh impenetrable from the front when hull down now its RNG that wills it. The thing with the american heavies is you need to lok ahead and find things to hide behind, rocks, pieces of metal, pipes anything scanning your surroundings is half the battle in a tank that cant brawl. Though the upper play is bouncy sometimes against tens it won't help much. I'll have to save up and buy it back but i enjoyed it quite a bit would be nice to step back into it again.

I want to love it, but the turret just doesn't seem to work, even when I find a good hull down spot. IS-3s eat my face for breakfast in it for example. I can't even breathe without crying in tier 9/10.

Tell you what, I'll send you a credit package to buy it back if you'll do a replay pack and maybe some commentary.

Deal?

I want to love it, but the turret just doesn't seem to work, even when I find a good hull down spot. IS-3s eat my face for breakfast in it for example. I can't even breathe without crying in tier 9/10.

Tell you what, I'll send you a credit package to buy it back if you'll do a replay pack and maybe some commentary.

Deal?

You got it! I hope I don't end up talking this thing up and it really has gotten much worse then I remember!

what do you think about light tank effectiveness in this day and age?

I feel lights are fine when they have room to run. Right now they are constricted quite a bit, there's no huge advantage over running a scout when a t10 med can so the same.

I really enjoy the new chaffee, (rip the old one) 132, ru... but my favorite by far is the walker. It fit's it's name perefectly! Don't get mauled! =)

You got it! I hope I don't end up talking this thing up and it really has gotten much worse then I remember!

Just looked at the cost of a sufficient package. Ouchie. Didn't realize it was that expensive.

Doesn't really make sense for me to spend that kind of money on a tank I only need to play for a couple dozen more games but I appreciate your willingness to try.

i'll grind it out for you and do it anyway the T32 is worth keeping.

+1. I would really love someone doing a video commentary/review on the T32. Its one of my favorite tank and probably the easiest to carry with in higher tier games (I know I'm a typical pubby but I prefer the T32 over the IS3). The one thing I hate about it is the speed - it can be crippling at times especially when you need to respond to a falling flank (but hey - if you improve this bit then the pershing would have nearly no advantage over it!)

i'll grind it out for you and do it anyway the T32 is worth keeping.

You are super amazingly awesome.

However I finished it out last night. X2 event was too good to pass up.

Love you anyway!

You are super amazingly awesome.

However I finished it out last night. X2 event was too good to pass up.

Love you anyway!

Stop trying to derail Junkers' excuse to play more tanks. Can't you see how hard it wants this excuse lol?

Why does the M3 Lee looks so ugly?

It honestly looks better to me then the T1 an M6.... both of those tanks are horrendous!  

Junkers, could you breakdown the mentality of the different colored WN8 players?

Under 46% Under 300 46% 300 to 449 47% 450 to 649 48% to 49% 650 to 899 50% to 51% 900 to 1199 52% to 53% 1200 to 1599 54% to 55% 1600 to 1999 56% to 59% 2000 to 2449 60% to 64% 2450 to 2899 65% and Above 2900 and Above

• Under 46%: Brand new, know nothing about the game basically a FNG.
  • 46%: Just graduated from know longer being the new kid on the block though they still have no idea what they are doing. 
  • 47%: Arty players, people who yolo because they want their doubles but still want to progress.
  • 48 to 49%: About to hit average; maybe know what's going on or how to hit tanks but not really damage them.
  • 50 to 51%: This is the where promise begins to be shown. Sometimes damaging tanks most likely not doing more then 1000 or so average damage main tiers are 5-7. Not to be trusted by any means though.
  • 52 to 53%: Just found out how to platoon and trade damage. Taking advantage of terrain (hull down; using the tank to its strengths) Still not to to be trusted. 
  • 54% to 59%: I put these together because this is where most players will find themselves after reading guides, spamming gold shells, platooning with like percentage win rates, platoon composition means a lot more to these players as well. Average damage will be sitting somewhere near the HP of th tanks they play (1600 for T8 and so on; possibly lower). These players aren't exactly trustworthy either as they will still let you down just as much as greens and below; they will however be more willing to listen to what you have to say in those clutch moments of the game (capping when needed, loading gold, killing arty instead of chasing a light tank, ect.)
  • 60 to 64%: This is where I sit. Understanding of camo sniping, view ranges, crew skills, tanks that can carry, platooning and AVID COMMUNICATION OF KNOWN LOCATIONS OF TD'S, ARTY AND, PASSIVE SCOUT AREA'S! Map reading is top notch, shots on targets connect 75% or above most of the time, not afraid to pay to play (prem shells), at this phase either only playing arty to troll or in CW's. The best players in the game sit in this range.
  • 65% and above: This is a grey area of mine. Most of the players who sit in this range use broken OP tanks and use allies as meat shields to increase damage. Rerolls plan for this.... the majority never actually make it. You will be cursed out, yelled at and berated by most of these players for the SLIGHTEST mistake made, no fun will be had srs bnz all the time. Watching their replays and learning from what they do curves the meta of the game as they find every single way to min-max every single tank to its max potentiality (T-54 heat spam, 183 HESH round, ect.). These players in game are EXTREMELY  dangerous given they are in a tank with carry potential (doubtful they will play anything else). You will also find players who pad this number to an insane degree. I know many players in this range who are TERRIBLE but because they were padded to high heaven through company battles and CW's they look untouchable.

Over all these colors mean absolutely nothing, having one of these as goal is fine but don't stress yourself out to impress others. Play your game, have fun and move up at your pace. Punching above your weight class might just get you knocked out.

Jacob or Edward?

Also, do you have any Pershing replays? I'm struggling with that tank right now...

I shine like a diamond not sparkle like a douche bag. So #TeamJacob. 

I do not, i need to buy this tank back though.

• 65% and above: This is a grey area of me. Most of the players who sit in this range use broken OP tanks and use allies as meat shields to increase damage. Rerolls plan for this.... the majority never actually make it. You will be cursed out, yelled at and berated by most of these players for the SLIGHTEST mistake made, no fun will be had srs bnz all the time. Watching their replays and learning from what they do curves the meta of the game as they find every single way to min-max ever single tank to its max potentiality (T-54 heat spam, 183 Hesh round, ect.). These players in game are EXTREMELY  dangerous given they are in a tank with carry potential (doubtful they will play anything else). You will also find players who pad this number to an insane degree. I know many players in this range who are TERRIBLE but because they were padded to high heaven through company battles and CW's they look untouchable.

I've been making an effort to sit at 64.99% for a reason :-D

I've been making an effort to sit at 64.99% for a reason :-D

Here i was thinking you just were just a plain old uni. My apologies! Thanks for bolstering our ranks!