kunjuro

Super Test: AMX Chasseur de Chars

202 posts in this topic

I'll be pretty sad if this comes out as a T8 pref probably. Bought an FCM 50t a while ago because it was the closest thing in the game to a T8 Pref Medium that you could buy. If they release this, which is the exact same thing as the FCM but smaller, -100 hp with nicer soft stats and a med, i will be salty. I'll probably still buy it with skirmish gold, but i'll be sad about it.

Edit: Also, i'll be sad because I bought the FCM to play it like a medium and it cannot do that at all, because it's the size of a barn.

Power-to-weight: 35,29 hp/t

Terrain resistance: 0,767/0,863/1,726

The power crepe is too delicious for my baguette. I want this

You all need to remember that this is WG. No way in fuck they will release an actually good t8 prem.

Hard to say.  WG tends to over-value armour when they balance tanks.  With this having no armour what so ever, it may actually end up being released with decent stats

Good point, but I'm assuming victrix can see them because he +1d me.

Had to turn on my 4g hotspot and ninja`d on ftr for a few minutes :P

Ugly tank, but the 416 taught me how to get penned anywhere, it's freaking huge though, how can you have a low camo med and be successful

Had to turn on my 4g hotspot and ninja`d on ftr for a few minutes :P

Ugly tank, but the 416 taught me how to get penned anywhere, it's freaking huge though, how can you have a low camo med and be successful

The FCM 50t does a decent job at being a huge as a barn without camo.

This tank looks like a direct upgrade over the 50t. If they don't change the stats too much, I'll be buying one of these to train my BatChat crew in AND make tonnes of money. Yes please :3

Yeah I cannot possibly imagine why anyone would buy a 50t over this if it's the same but smaller. Unless you're obsessed with crew training for heavies.

Or, alternatively, not getting faceraped by every autoaiming T49 you encounter frontally, want to be able to ram these CdC's to oblivion, or occasionally roflbounce for the lolz.

NOTE: THE ABOVE IS SARCASTIC. GODDAMNED WG POWERCREEPERS...

Or, alternatively, not getting faceraped by every autoaiming T49 you encounter frontally, want to be able to ram these CdC's to oblivion, or occasionally roflbounce for the lolz.

Every single one of those reasons to get an FCM over this are next to useless in terms of overall viability as a performing tank. If you buy a tier 8 premium because it might afford you a chance to ram something or get lolbounces you're a damn retard. I'm also sure a t49 will hit an FCM more reliably than any other tier 8 premium because fuckhuge. At least this machine has the HP/Ton to dodge.

@ Victrix - the problem with the P2 & Cent 1 is they lack all speed. This little machine has the size but amazeballs speed.

Good god lets hope WG is stupid enough to release it as it is. Most pubbies will fail in it anyway so it will "work as intended" and I will train my bat crew.

As a dedicated RU251 lover

shut-up-and-take-my-money-credit-card.jp

Seems a bit big but not too big. It's a bigger RU 251 with slightly less DPM and less top speed, that accelerates much faster and only seems tier 9s. (If pref MM indeed)

Huh. Might think of getting this then. How is the French med line?

The Frenchies have no MT line, it's a LT line.

The Frenchies have no MT line, it's a LT line.

Ya, it's kind of a nightmare for crews, especially since the 13 90 is a keeper.  Which tank with tier 9 MM do you want to plop a fresh crew in?  RIP

The second it's in the shop, I gonna buy it (given it won't get nerfed too heavily along the way to release) because it'll get taken out again 2 days after, like the SU-76i, due to it being way to powerful and also taking the FCM's role.

Rip my beloved FCM.  =(

Looks promising. A shorter FCM with better gundepression. Sadly it will have the same problem like the FCM has. It is not such a good crewtrainer cause you have one crewmember extra.

post-846212-0-47062000-1344887711.jpg

Since this thing has a crew of 4, you probably need one loader, which the BatChat don´t have, to get this thing to work. All the crewtraining bonuses will be given to a useless premiumtank crewman.

Those movement values are ridiculous. They make light tanks jealous.

Armour is a liability, though. HE shells will hurt you and the backup max-speed is so bad that all the hp/t is wasted on it.

Ya, it's kind of a nightmare for crews, especially since the 13 90 is a keeper.

This.

Elc, too.

Armour is a liability, though. HE shells will hurt you and the backup max-speed is so bad that all the hp/t is wasted on it.

And with hull traverse being mediocre, getting out of trouble will be difficult.

Sadly it will have the same problem like the FCM has. It is not such a good crewtrainer cause you have one crewmember extra.

post-846212-0-47062000-1344887711.jpg

Since this thing has a crew of 4, you probably need one loader, which the BatChat don´t have, to get this thing to work. All the crewtraining bonuses will be given to a useless premiumtank crewman.

On the bright side, you'll have a super-loader when the AMX 30 comes. :P

With this stats it wont be a premium tank with special mm....

So its either:

- placeholder tier (can also be a tier 9 with these stats, a lorraine with no autoloader but more gun depression)

- normal tank, for the 2e french med line (WG confirmed french med line will come, tier 9 and 10 are ``known``, they lack(ed) a tier 8 )

- nerfed + special mm

- as it is, but normal mm

the first is possible but unlikely, perhaps remove lorraine (make it prem with its ``real`` gun) and this as tier 9 (no autoloader though, so also strange in a line of autoloaders) while for a tier 9 reward tank it also looks kinda shitty / strange

I hope it will be a ``normal`` tank, and if prem, it keeps this stats, but gets normal mm, WG should quite the crap with all those limited mm stuff, they really paint themself in a corner with all those ``special mm`` stuff**.. (i also hope they buff Fv42 and give it normal mm when it becomes prem)

**:

FCM vs tier 8 meds like Cent, Panther II

T-34-3 vs T-34-2

Type vs tier 8 meds

ps: only stuff with terrible penetration of other massive weaknesses should have special mm, think of KV5 or JT-88 (which would be both fodder in tier 10 fights) anything else needs normal mm....

edit: see also this, here SS says WG lacked high tier meds to built a french med line, this one is a perfect med for suchs a line...

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/02/building-the-amx-30-branch/

ps ps: and i REALY hope wg wont fuck up a perfect viable tank (like Lowe) by making it premium, making lowe premium was kinda fail in hindsight, same tier Type-59, but making the same mistake again, after 2 suchs obivous failures would be really stupid... (and unlike what many always rage, WG aint stupid, else they wouldnt make so much money...)

Every single one of those reasons to get an FCM over this are next to useless in terms of overall viability as a performing tank. If you buy a tier 8 premium because it might afford you a chance to ram something or get lolbounces you're a damn retard. I'm also sure a t49 will hit an FCM more reliably than any other tier 8 premium because fuckhuge. At least this machine has the HP/Ton to dodge.

I suspect your sense of sarcasm is bad enough that I could point at a sign for a Movie called "Snakes on a Plane" and say to you "It's about cats on a train." and you'd berserk in rage at me. I was speaking of the theoretical silver lining... when it only exists because the cloud is a huge dark thunderhead.

Ya, it's kind of a nightmare for crews, especially since the 13 90 is a keeper.  Which tank with tier 9 MM do you want to plop a fresh crew in?  RIP

To be fair the 13 90 is only a keeper if you shoot a lot of APCR, because I found the 170 pen AP coupled with the ROFLhorribad gun handling to be too toxic (my bot level win rate in that thing...) for me. 170 pen with good handling like the WZs or at least a T-44 is perfectly workable for me though.