kunjuro

Super Test: AMX Chasseur de Chars

202 posts in this topic

I'd buy both this and the FCM since I'm pretty sure the 50B will be my waifu and the Bat Chat my mistress.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/06/straight-outta-supertest-amx-chasseur-de-chars/

So, basically a FCM that has Russian-hovercraft technology infused into it (and it actually qualifies as a medium!)

Seriously - look at that hp/t and ground resistance.... The only thing remotely bad about this vehicle is the paper armor (30mm. ouch) and possibly the size. But if this is sold as a premium tank - man its going to be quite tempting to pick up

Tier 8 MT

Hitpoints: 1400

Engine: 1200hp

Weight: 34 tons

Power-to-weight: 35,29 hp/t

Maximum speed: 57/13 km/h

Hull traverse: 34 deg/s

Terrain resistance: 0,767/0,863/1,726

Hull armor: 30/20/?

Turret armor: 30/20/?

Gun: 90mm

Damage: 240

Penetration: 212

DPM: 2087,5

ROF: 8,69

Accuracy: 0,336

Aimtime: 2,01s

Depression: -10

Turret traverse: 33,4

Viewrange: 390

Radiorange: 750

Poor FCM. Another premium tank swept away by powercreep :(

Updated Stats now

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/30/9-5-supertest-premiums/#more-19793

Tier: 8 French MT

Price: 11500 gold

Crew: 4 (commander/radioman, gunner, driver, loader)

Hitpoints: 1400

Weight: 33,725

Maximum speed: 57/18

Engine horsepower: 1200

Power-to-weight: 35,58

Traverse: 38

Turret traverse: 34

Terrain resistance: 0,8/0,9/1,8

Hull armor: 30/20/20

Turret armor: 30/20/20

Gun: 90mm AC DCA 45

Penetration: 212/259/45

Damage: 240/240/320

ROF: 8,57

Aimtime: 2,1

Accuracy: 0,34

Depression: -10/+20

Ammo carried: 90

View range: 390

Radio range: 750

Nothing rly changed. ROF and Ground Resistance a bit worse, but this could be owed to the crew. Anyway, this power to weight ration combined with this resistance is just sick.

I would like to point out to those yelling about FCM having useless armour that RU251 HE does exist, and so does T49 HE.

Not saying that this doesn't beat FCM for general use, but in rushing to medium/LT spots... FCM is still better because it doesn't get insta-slagged so easily by T49s.

Word out on the streets is that this will be a RU server mission reward, but I haven't heard any confirmation on it.  IIRC SS also said that the T-34-85M mission would not be on the RU server, so I guess that does make sense there.  No guarantees if this is how it'll be though.

As it is right now, it looks like an OP diaster.

So it's an FCM that forgoes the useless "armor" for more gun dep, better aimtime, much better mobility, and a smaller hull?

Yeaaah that's fair.

Stop it Rexxie. Do not ruin my dreams....  FCM Armour is useless anyway. May as well be rid of it and get the speed advantage.

I have a pretty decent crew sitting in FCM36 did nothing but beers since I stopped the TD grind long ago. If the new AMX is really so good I might find them a new home...

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/06/straight-outta-supertest-amx-chasseur-de-chars/

So, basically a FCM that has Russian-hovercraft technology infused into it (and it actually qualifies as a medium!)

Seriously - look at that hp/t and ground resistance.... The only thing remotely bad about this vehicle is the paper armor (30mm. ouch) and possibly the size. But if this is sold as a premium tank - man its going to be quite tempting to pick up

Poor FCM. Another premium tank swept away by powercreep :(

Actually, what you need to do is too look at it as an updated Hellcat, because when translated, Chassuer de Chars means Tank destroyer...so once again, WG  has FUBAR'd another tank and misclassified it.

Nothing rly changed. ROF and Ground Resistance a bit worse, but this could be owed to the crew. Anyway, this power to weight ration combined with this resistance is just sick.

They also made the traverse and reverse speed quite a lot better, though. The thing's mobility is fucking bonkers now.

Good god lets hope WG is stupid enough to release it as it is. Most pubbies will fail in it anyway so it will "work as intended" and I will train my bat crew.

WG is always "stupid" enough to release these as is, so enough people will use gold and buy/free exp. (if applicable) the tank. A lot of them simply get nerfed a few patches later. 

That being said, FCM really does feel meh now. Really the standard pen is all it has going for it. 

WG is always "stupid" enough to release these as is, so enough people will use gold and buy/free exp. (if applicable) the tank. A lot of them simply get nerfed a few patches later. 

That being said, FCM really does feel meh now. Really the standard pen is all it has going for it. 

Yeah but this won't perform well in hands of regular pubbies who need armor. So i doubt it will see nerfs.

Word out on the streets is that this will be a RU server mission reward, but I haven't heard any confirmation on it. IIRC SS also said that the T-34-85M mission would not be on the RU server, so I guess that does make sense there. No guarantees if this is how it'll be though.

As it is right now, it looks like an OP diaster.

No way they would release this cash cow as a Christmas mission award.

Buts its soooooo sexy...

It would be good for making money in.  Yet we wont see it before xmas. I think it needs some more development time.

According to FTR the premium panther 88 is not getting pref MM. So very little if any chance that this tank will have limited MM. Given that I would rather have an FCM that does not see tier 10's while this will.

I wonder if the STA-2 ill get pref MM with that crap gun?

If released with these stats this would easily be a contender for best tier 8 medium- doesn't matter if it doesn't have pref.

I'd love it if it does, and I'm holding out hope that it will- tanks with good soft stats and terrible armor tend to underperform in the hands of the average player. Considering most tomatoes struggle to survive in the Maus... doubt they'll do too hot in something with 30mm armor all around.

Considering most tomatoes struggle to survive in the Maus... doubt they'll do too hot in something with 30mm armor all around.

Waffle E-100 

Although this doesn't have the same laser railgun going for it :/ 

So given all that if this is released with close to these stats would you buy it? I love the Ru251 and this would seem to be more of the same.

Waffle E-100 

Although this doesn't have the same laser railgun going for it :/ 

Not even a fair comparison- only reason pubs do okay in that is the giant autoloader and quick refire. 

So given all that if this is released with close to these stats would you buy it? I love the Ru251 and this would seem to be more of the same.

Day 1 purchase for sure, even if I have to train a loader -.-

According to FTR the premium panther 88 is not getting pref MM. So very little if any chance that this tank will have limited MM. Given that I would rather have an FCM that does not see tier 10's while this will.

I wonder if the STA-2 ill get pref MM with that crap gun?

I'm pretty sure the STA-2 will get pref MM becuase otherwise there would be just about nothing good about the thing. It already looks meh enough as it is.

Easy Day 1 purchase.  Play it like a leopard with more gun depression and more speed.

Not worried about Armour. The difference in Armour between having 90mm RHA or 1mm Paper is negligible as everything is penned at high tiers anyway.  You either have usable Armour or excess weight that doesn't protect you