Meirzin

M46 Patton Fan Club

476 posts in this topic

2 years 1 month and ~15 days ago I sold you, and today I bought you back. Never have I made such a good choice. I sold you on the cusp of 900 battles (899) on the patch day of 8.0 because I didn't want to see you broken. I bought you back today finding you stronger than ever.

shot_046_zps8bae7c77.jpg

shot_045_zpsa3c21ceb.jpgshot_047_zpsab55c1d3.jpg

First 3 games back.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1321677#serene_coast-meirzin-m46_patton

http://wotreplays.com/site/1321679#redshire-meirzin-m46_patton

http://wotreplays.com/site/1321681#fjords-meirzin-m46_patton

Greatest tank in the game can confirm

I started playing it again and just couldn't handle the comfort.

Greatest tank in the game can confirm

0.4 accuracy. Seriously what am I missing here?  Cent 7/1 seems to get the better end of the stick.

E50 has better accuracy as well.

Give me something more than "its awesome".....

Why should I grind this line?

0.4 accuracy. Seriously what am I missing here?  Cent 7/1 seems to get the better end of the stick.

Um are you joking

Just bought back the T20 and the Pershing, goal is to buy this back by the end of next week. I love my american meds, they're all just so damn amazing

.4 accuracy with this tank means you can snap shot from 400m and hit what you're aiming at

Are you talking about the line, or the tank?

Past tier 8 grinding the Fatton line is arguably pointless since there are pretty much no tier 9 competitions/strongholds, and the M48 is a bad tier 10 that never sees use in CW. The main reason you get the M46 is because it wrecks face, and it's fun.

Accuracy is a nice thing to have, but that cruddy 0.4 really isn't as bad as you might think. The pre-9.3 KV-1S managed to be completely ridiculous with howitzer levels of accuracy. The M46's gun definitely manages most of the time.

Advantages of the Patton?

-Dat bloom. You can drive at top speed, fire at something 300m away, and hit 3 out of 4 shots. 2nd only to Detroit gangbangers in drive-by shootings.

-Best first-minute DPM of any tier 9. Best DPM overall (Obj 430 II) has worse alpha and AP pen, although it does get lolHEAT.

-410m view range with good camo makes for a decent spotter.

-Turret is squishy, but 10 degrees of gun depression does allow for decent flexibility. 

-Good turn speed. According to the stats on paper, the M46 and M26 have the same turning rate, while the Fatton is much more agile. In practice, I find it's more like M46>M48>M26.

loaded with APCR the patton is dangerous.

Honestly, I don't need APCR in most situations. I keep a stock of 15 for cracking tough nuts, but in most games I don't fire a single gold round.

I just bought this thing today because it went on sale with the on track, I wasn't planning on going past the Pershing but 30% off so I couldn't help myself 

20 games in avg. 1400ish dmg and 50% win rate soloing 

Can't say if I'm joining this club but I am enjoying it so far even if mine is stock 

Had to move the crew out of mine for the T69, but when this campaign ends I'm going to get a good crew back into it. M46 is good, and I have to say the M48 has its moments too, just not as often.

You make a thread called M46 Patton Fan Club while having a Leopard as your avatar, lol.

M46 is definitely a good tank though.

Because I also founded the Leo 1 fan club, and the Leo is in its own league.

So from the above it seems that the main advantage of the Patton is the excellent bloom, hence great snap shot ability?

With great gun depression this means you point and shoot quickly, rapid engagement, no time wasted waiting for zooming in or aiming in.

Is this the advantage of the Patton that I am hearing?

I need another line to grind and with the on track event it seems like its time to give it a go.

Even though I'm just shy of 2k dpg in it (Atrocious) i still love this medium more than any in the game, no joke this thing shits on all other Tier 9s except maybe type 61 b/c of similar dpm and gun depression.

Still the ability to curb stomp T-54s and cent 7s with your Dpm is pretty lolzy. 

I think I need to grind the line to get it myself.  I won't know until I give it a go.  

Often times a tank looks good or bad on paper but is different once you get going in the game.

Patton looks like it has meh armour, meh gun accuracy, meh speed etc.

But it could be that it does everything good and its time to give it a go and see what all the fuss is about.... :-)

True confessions: I shoot almost zero APCR out of this tank.

Still averaging ~3300 dee-pee-gees these days though...

Yeah, even tho Patton has not so great accuracy you can still run it with AP only. I do have 10APCR loaded but next to never use them. Patton is love patton is life, a very comfortable tank.

Just started playing the Patton in earnest. Goddamn, this is a great tank. I think I bring 20 APCR rounds because when I first ran it I thought "212 pen? pffffft".

After getting used to the Patton, I almost never shoot APCR out of the thing unless I'm in a clutch situation that requires me to get damage immediately. It's snapshotty enough to where you can hit weakpoints very quickly and with minimal exposure. Such a comfortable tank. That view range is out of this world, too.

Between this tank and my Super Pershing, I'm gonna have an amazing American medium crew.

Just got it

Fully upgraded

looking forward to it

3+ skill crew

Hope it lives up to the hype, but if its anything like the T20 I should likey likey long time