Meirzin

M46 Patton Fan Club

476 posts in this topic

Harvesting them gold spam tears when fighting an IS-7 platoon frontally: http://wotreplays.com/site/2095986

Get shrektangled, bots! Also big thanks to the enemy clickers that didn't have XVM!   :party:

And I make credits in that tank, not like those FAME gold noobs... :gaytroll:

All jokes aside Patton profitability is still giving me Kreygasms. 1000 credits for a 390 shell is pretty sexy considering most tier 9 meds pay roughly 1250 for same or lower alpha. 

Can't wait for 9.10 as its getting its old turret back but in HD, that will be lovely, no more bobble head. :D

This tank.. stronk like bull! Much carry, so whow!

Seriously. This machine is like... coming home from an awful day at the mill; like a soft sofa, the smell of good freshly brewed coffee in the air....a hug from the wife and a cold beer.

For some reason I completely suck at some other tanks. My performance is like terrible, good, terrible, terrible, pretty good and terrible for the rest of the evening... But the M46 is sooo comfortable it's criminal!!

m46.png

So is this tank worth retraining my 5-skill T34 crew to the american medium line?

Not playing T34 much anymore, but the tank has quite a spot in my heart so if i strip down the crew (which feels wasted) i want the tank it gets in to be very good, and the M46 seems the best contender.

Gonna start all the way from the M4. A little insight on the other ones in the line, specifically tier 7 and 8 would be nice as well.

So is this tank worth retraining my 5-skill T34 crew to the american medium line?

Not playing T34 much anymore, but the tank has quite a spot in my heart so if i strip down the crew (which feels wasted) i want the tank it gets in to be very good, and the M46 seems the best contender.

Gonna start all the way from the M4. A little insight on the other ones in the line, specifically tier 7 and 8 would be nice as well.

Seeing as you shouldn't have a dedicated T34 crew anyways, I would say yes.   Do you have another another USA heavy tank/crew?

The whole line is pretty comfortable to play so it's worth going down.  It'll be even better with a 5 skill crew.

Seeing as you shouldn't have a dedicated T34 crew anyways, I would say yes.   Do you have another another USA heavy tank/crew?

The whole line is pretty comfortable to play so it's worth going down.  It'll be even better with a 5 skill crew.

Got my E5 crew. T34 crew is actually my T32 crew. Ragesold and never going to be bought back, but the T34 is ok and was my main credit maker for a long time. But i had the E5 crew (which is close to the 5th as well) so the T32 stayed in the T34 all the time.

Ill check up crew layout for the med line.

Yes.

T20 has bad DPM and no armor whatsoever but good viewrange, mobility, agility and the 90mm with 240+ APCR pen. Good tenk!

Pershing is a heavium, very good hulldown, will get random bounces on the hull sometimes, large HP pool, acceptable DPM. Good tenk aswell!

Awww yeah, the enormous turret has been fixed and it's looking as sexy as ever now.  Third mark here I come:

yxQf8ia.jpg

Awww yeah, the enormous turret has been fixed and it's looking as sexy as ever now.  Third mark here I come:

Hidden Content

FULL APCR :doge:

FULL APCR :doge:

I'm getting close to the 3rd mark so I've switched to a full try-hard setup.  Once I get the 3rd mark I'll go back to using an Auto Ext instead of Cola and a 30-20-4 ammo load-out or something similar.

I'm getting close to the 3rd mark so I've switched to a full try-hard setup.  Once I get the 3rd mark I'll go back to using an Auto Ext instead of Cola and a 30-20-4 ammo load-out or something similar.

I still use cola regardless. This tank doesn't burn at all really.

Cola is a must for me because accuracy is terribad and also I want all the DPM cheese I can get for shits&giggles. But APCR spam isn't really neccessary unless you meet lots of 10s and you have plenty of shells, so I'd recommend a balanced ammo loadout. No point in wasting credits when decimating tier 7s or other fairly soft targets.

Here is some motivation:

oG0cpXG.jpg

I approve of Patton.

ZoHmRfY.jpg

AHf58yo.png

I like how APCR has the first slot. 

Also @thread, i moved the 5 skill crew into the M4 and started grinding shit. I assume 2 weeks at the current rate as it took me half a day to research the E8 and i have quite a shitload of stuff researched from the heavy line.

I still use cola regardless. This tank doesn't burn at all really.

We must have a different Patton.

I got a lot of fires in my Patton, auto-ext puts it out most of the time but another shot to the engine almost always sets on fire again.

Good tank tho, love mine to bits.

We must have a different Patton.

I got a lot of fires in my Patton, auto-ext puts it out most of the time but another shot to the engine almost always sets on fire again.

Good tank tho, love mine to bits.

My crew right now.

1fTLGld.png

Really don't have any issues with fires unless I show my side or back armor.

My crew right now.

-snip-

Really don't have any issues with fires unless I show my side or back armor.

I'm using the following setup:

ZtUpmWv.jpg

Situational Awareness on both loader and radio operator because I also use this crew in M60 (I actually also use this in Superpershing, Ram II, M4A2E4 and soon T95E2 as I'll finish the grind for it). Dropped med kit for JoAT and wont ditch fire ext, no matter what. I hate fires so much, especially in M46 (Combined with my JoAT, a fire would be rip crew). I used optics instead of vents for sometime, but as my crew is that highly skilled I decided to ditch optics for vents to get everything out of that gun.

Also the picture is from 9.9, didn't bother to log in to take a new screenshot. But not much has changed.

Edited by Swoopie