EJVH3

Type 59 Fan Club

187 posts in this topic

Between the handling changes and the ammo capacity, the hype is back. 

old stats vs. new

PMF3Tir.png

T-34-3 is also getting type's turret and hull armor with HD model, and aimtime of 2.78s from 3.26s which is the same as type's present aimtime

gonna need to reinstall to try these out

I doubt this will make type59 good. Maybe average. It's nice to be able to snap since now I can't even with a 5 skill crew + food but still you get low dpm, low pen, bad prem shell and meh final acc.

WG stuffed tier 8 by basically creating a few separate balance points within it. There are the just plain shit 8s. Then there are the pref tier 8s. Then there are the normal tier 8 meds. Then there are the tier 8 heavies. Then there are the just plain broken heavy prems. Oh and some TDs and shit as well in there somewhere which are in their own separate meta.

Basically even a good tier 8 med is still not going to stand up in a meta that is essentially about how well you can fight upper tiers. Granted the 59 at least gets pref, but when when most of what you face will invalidate your armor and likely require you to use sprem to pen it isn't going to have much compared to the glory days. Ahh the glory days, when tier 8s actually saw 6s. Anyone still remember those?

22 hours ago, Ezz said:

Ahh the glory days, when tier 8s actually saw 6s. Anyone still remember those?

I think that's an urban legend. I do have some hope that the new T-34-3 will be fun. At least it will look good in HD. 

On 11/10/2017 at 0:11 PM, hazzgar said:

I doubt this will make type59 good. Maybe average. It's nice to be able to snap since now I can't even with a 5 skill crew + food but still you get low dpm, low pen, bad prem shell and meh final acc.

Get out of here with your scrub crew.

3e9D2yw.jpg

5 hours ago, woe2you said:

Get out of here with your scrub crew.

Reveal hidden contents

3e9D2yw.jpg

I'd rather put my penis in a toaster than play the games required to get so many skills on my type. It was a great tank some time ago. Then it was ok. Now I'd rather drive the fv4202 and I do. This is also the reason why my Lowe/VKB have a 5 skill crew, E100 has a 4 skill crew and Maus 3 skill.

10 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'd rather put my penis in a toaster than play the games required to get so many skills on my type. It was a great tank some time ago. Then it was ok. Now I'd rather drive the fv4202 and I do. This is also the reason why my Lowe/VKB have a 5 skill crew, E100 has a 4 skill crew and Maus 3 skill.

Just shy of 6.5k games with that crew, split between the Type and the tech tree med line. Obviously that was mainly before Murazor fucked everything up.

I play a lot of FV now too. And the Lowe, but they only have 4 skills because they're my Pz7 crew.

O2ze73s.jpg

This probably qualifies as cheating because I got them with the Crommy B. 1.5k games to get them to this point.

what equipment do you guys plan to run with these changes? vstab and rammer, but I'm not decided on optics vs. vents

vents seem to do little while optics give full +30m for 418m view range (no vision crewskills, no BIA)

food and optics seem like the best combo

On my t34-3 running rammer, vents vert stab. Food always. Ive yet to find a game where i wish i had that 10% more view range. Maps arent as open anymore. Can be mitigated by crew skills anyways. Its pretty baller with BIA, Bond Vents, Rammer, food.

The Hype59 is back boiz. Vstab, Rammer, Optics. It now has the gun handling of the T-55A or so

25 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

The Hype59 is back boiz. Vstab, Rammer, Optics. It now has the gun handling of the T-55A or so

Note that it doesn't flash up as under-loaded, so you have to remember to tweak before the first game.