CraBeatOff

How Marks of Excellence work

42 posts in this topic

Npnp. I certainly can sympathize...various mini strokes over wn8 questions. And hey wg is getting better at documentation...maybe?

To be fair to crab I have seen that nowhere luna, but it explains why its so fucking hard and thank therefore thank you for pointing it out. 

Although the average highest game monthly in a tier 10 is 4.5k jesus that's low  :beard:  

Updated my MoE page, let me know if it needs refinement or w/e. I'm going for content, not aesthetics (or whatever you call fancy writing).

Updated my MoE page, let me know if it needs refinement or w/e. I'm going for content, not aesthetics (or whatever you call fancy writing).

Its good. Turns out im close too/over almost all triple mark targets so thank you.

:smiledown:

For the love of god. Read the fucking descriptions.

Because the descriptions have been so very accurate in the past.

Npnp. I certainly can sympathize...various mini strokes over wn8 questions. And hey wg is getting better at documentation...maybe?

so uh, how do I get wn8? <3

Funny guy, ban you last. :-D

Ive reached my max quota for positive votes for the day :/

OP link broken now. can has fix?

Kinda sorta necro I guess? But whatever, this one might be interesting:

Aimdrol's replay analyzer is reading out the current moving average damage out of replay files, so there's a way to look it up without playing around with the formula. If we knew how the percentage is calculated based on the damage value we could get the exact target values for each mark by comparing the latest moving average value with the current percentage shown in the garage. Just assuming there is some base value for 100% and the other percentages being literal percentages of that number gets somewhat credible results, but it still doesn't fit quite right. Thoughts?

Apparently your maths are wrong Kappa!

Was arguing with someone and he says both assistance count not the highers, sad part is guy has alot of marks. 

You mathmeticians are all wrong!!! :bigdoge::kappa:

How about instead of being top 5% of the best players average, your games actually have to be the top 5% of the games played by everyone.  This would mean that the game doesn't take averages in to account it actually takes the top 5% of games played by everyone in that tank.  So really your not competing against the best players average you have to compete against what would be considered the best 5% of games played on all accounts, so basically a yellow player that does crappy on average but has a substantially good single battle, that battle gets put in the the 5% and curves that magic target number higher or lower based on how he did.  This is the only way i can explain the super high damage requirements for 3 marks.  Please tell me whether you disagree or agree. Also i have done no number crunching to figure this out its just a theory.

5 hours ago, misunick said:

How about instead of being top 5% of the best players average, your games actually have to be the top 5% of the games played by everyone.  This would mean that the game doesn't take averages in to account it actually takes the top 5% of games played by everyone in that tank.  So really your not competing against the best players average you have to compete against what would be considered the best 5% of games played on all accounts, so basically a yellow player that does crappy on average but has a substantially good single battle, that battle gets put in the the 5% and curves that magic target number higher or lower based on how he did.  This is the only way i can explain the super high damage requirements for 3 marks.  Please tell me whether you disagree or agree. Also i have done no number crunching to figure this out its just a theory.

It's never really been being in the top 5% of players, it's a huge miss on WGs end. It's an EMA which is why the increase in difficulty to move up in percentages become this way. If we had a linear moving average instead it'd be much more accurate to represent the actual top 5%. The problem with that however is that it would make MoEs ridiculously easy to the point where they stop holding in any value in the game. Reward tanks and unpopular tanks need a tweak but for the standard tier 10 tank MoEs are pretty much right where they should be to hold any value in the game. 

On 4/19/2017 at 10:24 AM, allied_general said:

Well, I think it's about that time again we update this to include the STUN damage, etc.

Since stun damage counts (AFAIK) as assisted, wouldn't it already be part of the MoE calc, just like damage while tracked?