Sign in to follow this  
cullenscout1970

french amx 50 100 / 120 / 50b mindset

21 posts in this topic

Sup as I am new to the french auto loaders but I enjoy playing it. So what is the mind set or way of thinking or focusing on when playing them any help would be nice thx and have a nice day.

1. Stick around heavies/meaty tanks, watch when your enemy reloads and grab opportunities. Only use your HP when there is no other choice (saving teams and what not) or in end game.
  2. With the 50 100 you can clip almost anything of the same tier. While the 50B and 50 120 often lack a bit of burst damage to completely finish off opponents in 1v1 situations.

Create distance to avoid being eaten while on reload. (when you can't finish opponents or in 1 v 1 engagements)

3. This is wotlabs. Look around and I'm sure you'll find loads of replays to give you an idea about target priority etc. Especially the 50B seems to be played a lot for the marks.

Probably most important of all (even when using the 6 shell drums): make your shots count. When you start unloading in a situation, it may seem like it doesn't really matter if you miss a shot or two. But when there suddenly comes an extra enemy vehicle in the engagement and your allied meat shield gets overrun, you're in a lot of trouble.

I'm by no means an expert in these tanks, but a few things I find that help me with the 50 100:

1) Don't overexpose your tank to get more shots. Resist the urge to empty your clip unless you know for sure you won't get shot back multiple times. Early game I rarely get an opportunity to empty my clip into an unsuspecting tank, however there will be many late game opportunities for this.

2) Conserve your HP. This is kind of an extension of point #1, but HP is your armor in these tanks. By conserving your HP early in the game, it will allow you to clip out tanks and take a couple of hits later in the match.

3) Don't lead the charge. You are a heavy tank, but have no armor. I rarely find myself on the front line, except when platooned with other heavies, greatly outnumber the opposition and we want to crush the flank as quickly as possible.

4) Be mindful of the reload times. I haven't played the 50 120 or 50B, but the reload on the 50 100 is ridiculously long. I usually will reload if I am going to be flexing to a different part of the map.

5) Use your speed. These tanks are fast for their size. Use this to help flanks/team mates that are in trouble. This is extremely situational, but something to keep in mind.

Hope this helps =D

Don't get shot. Seriously that's basically it Shoot the red tanks and Don't Get Shot. That is your Mindset. The people posting above me have some good tips on particular play.  You should follow their advice

Be a ruthless vulture of doom.

Bait your friendly heavies. If they're worth a damn they will see a friendly 50100 lurking near them and jusy yolocharge the target. It's imperative you do this, it's good play. Do everything you can to encourage good play. Reward that IS3 by saving him, he will get another shot in.

Alas this is why you may struggle. Most pubbies think themselves best_player_na and the thought of scratching their paint to help a skreblord blue stat padder pad his damage is more horrific to them than travelling back in time with advanced weapon designs and giving them to Hitler.

So platoon up. Get some meaty friendlings to take hits while you lolautoder enemies into silly lil bits.

Two important things I've taken from the AMX 50 100:

1. Don't sit out in the open alone trying to empty your entire drum on an enemy tank, it's just not worth it. You'll most likely be dead before you know it.

2. Actively think about whether or not you should reload after each engagement. You don't want to sit around for a minute with only two shots left in your drum when you could have reloaded.

For the 50 100 for every shot that you have an opportunity to take, you should unload 2-4 shots off your clip, more if the enemy is completely distracted. Clip if you have less than 4 shells or less than 3 for 120 and 50B if there is nothing for you to shoot at in that instance.

HP conservation is important but if you need to take a hit to unload a clip, as long as you don't take too much trades can be made this way.

I always call it being a vulture when talking about it with my friends. You wait for things to be distracted or dying before you pounce on them to finish them off.

You sit/circle/creep around the outside waiting for flank shots or waiting for your teammates to take hits for you and then you go in and blast them as much as possible. The tanks all have enough pen to pen the front of alot of tanks, and they're accurate enough to hit weak spots, and do long distance sniping, but you really screw with someone's day when you are able to hit them in the side and back.The tank is fast enough to circle alot of heavies and run away as well, and if it's two on one and they want to chase you around, then your teamie will have free reign to kill. Basically it's a low armor medium tank.

If you're playing a peekaboo game with teammates, then you want your teammate to take the hit, then you pop out, make your two or three shots count, and then retreat and let him take the hit again, and then put the rest of your shots into the tank. At this point the tank should be dead from your shots, or your teammate can kill him with his next shot. Usually after the first two or three shots you put into someone, they start to panic and when your teammate goes out the second time, they will donk their shot.

The 50-120 has terrible gun elevation, so you always want to be on level ground if you can, otherwise you might screw yourself over trying to shoot someone above you. Driving down a slope means you can't hit anyone in the valley you're going towards.

You never really want to be spotted out in the open because everyone will generally pen you and gladly choose you over the Tiger 2 you're sitting beside out in the field.

Platoons are amazing for this line too. If your platoonmates are even someone what normal people they will happily peek out when you ask them to because they know you're going to give them a huge advantage. If they're good at it, they won't take anything more than a tracking and bam you got a few shots in.  I often find that I'm using my pubbie's as cannon fodder. It's commonly done by people in all tanks, but these tanks make more sense to be doing it. The yolo pubbie are your best friend if you can see what he's doing and how it's going to playout in advance:

Pubbie goes here, everyone sees him, and flanks him becuase he thinks KV4 is invicible. You sit over there where you have side shots at every tank. Pubbie yolo's are a favourite meal of any tanker. Even unicums will get tunnel vision and forget what they're doing to get those two free shots of damage in and while that 43% goes and yolo's you're able to dump a full clip into the enemy and kill off or wound a tank/few tanks. Either way you were going to lose your pubbie, but now you've got alot of damage or some kills.

It can be frustrating but when you get used to the play style you'll do well. The medium line, heavy line, 1390 can all be played the same way, even though they have other roles they all translate to the same idea when clipping into someone.

Oh I got this:

Mindset:

*wait for fire* 

SURPRISE MOTHAFUCKA, IMMA CLIP YOU   

*clip*

RUN AWAY (Partially around the map to next victim)

For the 50 100 my advice would be this.

Stick with the bigger, more well armored tanks and support them with that monstrous clip.  Trade HP only when necessary (saving allies counts).

50 120

Same as the 50 100, but now you are not burdened by a 1 minute reload.  Be more aggressive, but the same rules apply, trade HP effectively, and DON'T put yourself on the front line no matter how tempting it is with the 120 mm gun.

50B........

The tank actually gets some armor.....and so many pubs shoot at the thickest part, so if you wanted to, in an extremely short period of course, you could play front line tank if needed.  BUT only for like a minute.  Not all pubs are retarded unfortunately.  Make sure you use the gun to support the team, keep a high HP so that you can flex around and support falling flanks, and to carry.

With the 50100 I spend each game with a "screw this one guy in particular" mentality. 

I love the tank.

Haven't played 50120 or 50b yet :( 

Go where you think there will be mediums.

Clip them.

Hide and reload.

Scan the map looking for any wounded/alone tanks.  Kill them. Rinse.  Repeat.

the 50-100 is much more of a "kill an enemy heavy after he shoots tank"

where the 

50B is a medium suppression and assassin machine.

See Crab's post on the 50B.

Here's what not to do:

1. Don't trade shots.  You know those situations where the enemy is behind a rock, peeks and shoots? Then you peek from your rock and shoot?  Don't do that.  Clip is such that you should get off 2 shots for every one of the enemy. If you're trading one for one, you're doing it wrong. 

2. Don't sit out in the open and unload your clip. It will be tempting. You will do this and learn the hard way. Don't do it.  

It is extremely important to dump your 1st clip as soon as it loads, load gold if you can afford it.

Ideally you should be doing that with all your clips, but the first one is the most important, you should always be either shooting or reloading. Camping or waiting with a full clip is how you lose games.

Im pretty bad in my 50 100, but my advice would be

1) don't loose any HP before your second drum is loaded

2) load apcr as a first drum every time

3) TRACK THEM! There is nothing better then track retreating tank in some weird position, where he is unable to return fire.

4) try to empty three drums per battle as minimum

50 100 is hard :-(

I found the 12t and 13 75 not very hard but 50 100 gives me serious issues.

I have to be more careful I guess.

You will rarely be able to dump a whole clip at once. I know it is tempting, but dont do it. You will get shot back and lose your hp without getting much benefit. Two to three shells is generally the max you can unload into a target. Dont poke corners against enemy heavies. Flank things and shoot them in the backs and sides. This is one of those times you can empty that clip. Take out low health targets if you can, less guns shooting at you and your team. Dont take chancy shots and snipey shots. Those shots that we sometimes take against a far off target in single shot tanks, dont do that. You have just reduced the number of shells in your clip normally for nothing. The 50b can sometimes get away with this due to time between shots and the faster reload, but only if you know the engagement if still more than a half minute out.

1.  Punish the distracted.

2.  Try not to fire more than two shots at once.  That's 600-odd damage in four seconds.  Not too shabby no matter how you slice it.

I've found you have to be extremely selfish, run away, don't take hits, conserve HP.

Don't be adamant to use your whole clip especially for the 50100 and 120 because their clip time is quite long and most tanks can get a second reload, plus they rarely bounce so you'll loose to much health. 

Keep HP for end game, 50100 and 50120 are the kind of tanks that can easily decide those games that are hovering around 8-8 9--9 etc. because you can find a lone target and wipe him out. 

Support other heavies/mediums and you have to force them to meat shield for you, for example friendly IS3 takes peek-a-boo hit from enemy IS3, you dart in with 50100 plant 3-5 shots into him then fck off back behind friendly IS3.

However always try to know what is supporting your target, I failed many times thinking "wohoo!, clip this lone tank, oh shit" as you take multiple hits from hidden support.

The temptation to clip someone if strong but a lot of time you need to resist the greed and be content with say 800 damage but not taking a hit. 

You basically have to be a dick when playing autoloaders, especially the soft ones I have found, even to platoon mates.

The guy I know with the T57 when I platoon up with him in my T110E5 basically we go like this, I take shot, do one shot, he then does 1600 damage, rinse repeat until end game where I have done like 2500 damage and have taken 15 hits whilst he has hid behind me most of the game but done 6k damage and stolen all my kills only getting shot once or twice. 

Sign in to follow this