IAmA_Tank_AMA

Looking for Platoonie: Help me out of my 1900 plateau

33 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a tank, I have been working on becoming a better tank. I have improved greatly over the last few months, but it seems I have hit a plateau at around 2k WN8. What I'm looking for is a teacher/tutor/mentor (whatever you want to call it) to help me get past this slump. Someone to platoon with me, and either give me solid directions/positions or answer my stupid questions. I've listed the tanks I currently run below in order of my proficiency (in my opinion)/comfort in them. I would like it for you to have equal or better stats than me, unless there is a special circumstance where you are very good at strategy/meta/calling but have bad internet or something that hinders your ability to get high wn8. I use Teamspeak and you are welcome to join me on the RDDT server, or I will come to yours. I play on NA East every day, usually around 3 pm EST after class for an hour or two, then around 8-10 pm EST for a couple more hours.

Tanks

Least comfortable/proficient:

SU-122-44 (halp)

Jt 8.8

Waffle (I do decent damage in it, but I am not getting its full potential)

Somewhat comfortable/proficient:

IS-6

Chaffee

Matilda IV

Churchill III

IS-7

WZ-111

Comfortable/proficient:

Batchat 25t

Obj. 140

E-25

Obj. 416 

T34 (1200 games in it)

PzIC (best tank NA)

I'll add more if I buy them/start playing them

Tanks for taking the time to read this ;], and I look forward to learning from you if you are willing

Regards,

IAmA_Tank_AMA

P.S. I'm broke so I cannot give any financial incentive to help me

P.P.S. I curse a lot in TS so please no prudes

Edit: added what server I play and what times

Edit2: changed tanks

I would love to help. However platooning can only help so much. If you can watch replays of your self and then of people who are really good in the given tank. See what they do different and why it works. But like i said i would love to help with plats where i can.

Platooning greatly improves winrate, Not so much in the way of WN8 unless your platoon carries the game. Also platoons help back you up if some retarded pubbies complain about you. 3 people shitting on pubbies arguments is more hilarious than one person arguing against a pubbie. 

I would love to help. However platooning can only help so much. If you can watch replays of your self and then of people who are really good in the given tank. See what they do different and why it works. But like i said i would love to help with plats where i can.

I'll add you when I get home today

Platooning greatly improves winrate, Not so much in the way of WN8 unless your platoon carries the game. Also platoons help back you up if some retarded pubbies complain about you. 3 people shitting on pubbies arguments is more hilarious than one person arguing against a pubbie. 

K

Im willing to. :3

Edit:Words are hard spent 20 mins coming up with that lel :serb:

Im willing to. :3

Edit:Words are hard spent 20 mins coming up with that lel :serb:

Nice XVM Camo, adding you when I get home

Feel free to throw me an invite of I'm on

also cool_man best baddie NA

Feel free to through me an invite of I'm on

Adding you when I get home

You can add me, I'm not great but can try and help. Like mentioned before though, you will improve faster if you watch good replays and then 

analyse what you did different. Platooning actually brings wn8 down. 

Also, find a tank that you are comfortable with. Set yourself goals( arty? NO!) - target getting to higher than 57% W/R(DPG is part of the process)

in it. Focus on being able to carry in it no matter what the situation. And play your role well. 

You can add me, I'm not great but can try and help. Like mentioned before though, you will improve faster if you watch good replays and then 

analyse what you did different. Platooning actually brings wn8 down. 

Also, find a tank that you are comfortable with. Set yourself goals( arty? NO!) - target getting to higher than 57% W/R(DPG is part of the process)

in it. Focus on being able to carry in it no matter what the situation. And play your role well. 

Adding you when I get home, I realize platooning brings WN8 down because your platoonmates take your damage sometimes. The point of the platooning is not to pad my WN8 while I am in the platoon, it's to give me new concepts and positions to help me improve my solo play.

Toss me an invite if you see me online, just send me a quick message beforehand!

Toss me an invite if you see me online, just send me a quick message beforehand!

added & bumping 

Bumping this, been playing like shit the past few days

Suggestion: Play no skill french/american autoloaders. Also, Centurion 7/1. Also, M103. Though the SU-122-44 is quite easy to play, played it on my friends account once, got ace tanker in it already. Um, any map ur having trouble with SU-122-44 is particular?

I would love to platoon, but you're on NA, while I'm on SEA :(

Suggestion: Play no skill french/american autoloaders. Also, Centurion 7/1. Also, M103. Though the SU-122-44 is quite easy to play, played it on my friends account once, got ace tanker in it already. Um, any map ur having trouble with SU-122-44 is particular?

I would love to platoon, but you're on NA, while I'm on SEA :(

I'm just shit at TDs and I overexpose with the su-122 and die