Chryses

Naval Action

187 posts in this topic

Here's a duel with Tomasz Pociecha. Duels are long and boring :P But the first 10 minutes of it sets the scene for my win. He's in a carronade ship that is REALLY deadly up close, so my game is to win the sail fight, gain wind on him and pull out of his death zone. From out of carro range I can kill him at my leasure.

This game is very skill based, wotlabbers.

Update.

Things are chugging along in Naval Action, and I should do an update, but today I'll just give you a heads-up about Game-Labs' latests announcement:

726d9589b529a93a45b2a2c165f6d856.png

CLICKY

I'm EXTREMELY hyped for this. Naval Action Open World is great and all, but I'm not a fan of the boredom in sandboxes like NA or EVE.

If you haven't tried NA ship pew-pew you're missing out and soon you'll get to roll in the fun without having to deal with the boring activities of the sandbox.

For those of you who like sandbox stuff the current Naval Action game on steam is worth checking out, btw ;)

Thanks for the reminder.

I bought into the Alpha (or something) but RIP as my potato PC at the time would only run it at 2-5 fps.  I will have to give it a go again (inherited a surplus gaming laptop).  

So how is the game itself? Still the awful UI? Anything else major changed?

Last I played it was like a year ago and occasionally looking at the changes, I really see no major improvements at all.

On 16.5.2017 at 9:38 PM, Stige said:

So how is the game itself? Still the awful UI? Anything else major changed?

Last I played it was like a year ago and occasionally looking at the changes, I really see no major improvements at all.

UI is the last thing they'll work on. The economy is probably what's changed the most. The EVE lovers like the new eco though I doubt it has the depth of EVE nor the numbers (currently) to make things go round. I REALLY like the game despite being rather averse towards eco boredom and loss induced PvP timidness (personal taste). That brings us into why I came here today:

The arena version, working title: Naval Action Legends, has opened for applications to the upcoming closed beta testing.

I'll stay in the open world version depending on this and that, but the arena version that revolves around the absolutely glorious skill-based fighting mechanics will be my bread and butter as well as the love of my life ;)

NA is crawling along. OW version is being updated to Unity 5 and the next thing on the list is to make it ready for release.

The closed beta release of the arena version is being held up by the Unity 5 bugs. I expect to be able to share more details sooner than later.

A random hostility grind mission against bots on the testbed:

Maybe the Arena version will somehow save this game but I kinda doubt it, no meaningful progress at all for years, still feels like the same crap it was when I bought it...

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

The first days of the first stress test is done, next window is the coming weekend.

We're allowed to share closed beta access keys to "friends", so if there's anyone here who'd like to help hunt the inevitable bugs gimme a PM shout.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22849-first-stage-of-testing-for-naval-action-legends/

You know I'm your friend.

Do you get to play it if you own the game?
EDIT: Damn, it's been almost 2 years since I bought the game.