Sign in to follow this  
Derathor

Chi-To or Chi-Ri for the WZ-111 grind?

28 members have voted

1. 1. Choose wisely:

• Chi-To
    • Chi-Ri
    • Pay your way out of it. (Shameful Display)

20 posts in this topic

Which one of these tanks do you think would be better for this particular type of grind?  (150 kills + 150k damage per nation )

I'm set for all nations except the Japanese. Here's why:

As soon as it was introduced, I rushed for Tier VI A.S.A.P. for the IS-6 grind last year.

Completed the grind with Chi-To. o_o     Low quality play because of the rush and repetitiveness greatly hindered my stats with this vehicle.

I never touched it again after finishing the grind.  (Not willing to play it again for a long time unless necessary)

My Chi-To is elite, I haven't bought the Chi-Ri yet.

Thanks.

In the same boat. Do I suffer grind a Chi-Ri and hate myself or just spend $10 and feel ridiculous?

Like most decisions in tanks it's basically a choice between suffering and self-hatred.

Chi-Ri was fun. That autoloader can put out decent damage, 390, every 12 seconds or so. It is nice because you can take those shots you wouldn't normally with an autoloader because missing at range still lets you reload a drum before the target gets to you, unlike the longer 30+ sec norm for drums. 

I personally loved the Chi-ri. Although i'll be using the STB for the japan requirement, I would definitely use the chi-ri, 3 shots in 3 seconds with a 12 second reload with great depression is hella fun.

Just remember, japan tanks = 0 armor, so enjoy dead crew, ammorack and fires up the yoohoo. Avoid damage at all costs.

I'll put my vote in for the chi-to. It's mm isn't too bad (I would rather be a tier 6 in a tier 8 game than a tier 7 in a tier 9) and it's an all round decent tank.

It's positives are a decent pen gun with high rpm, abusable gun depression, pretty decent mobility and workable camo. Armour and gun dispersion/accuracy sucks, but are easily sorted with perks/equipment and positioning.

It's easy to get the damage in this thing, but I'm gonna have to say as a last resort (24 hours left, for example) to pay, as its not the tanks fault, it's just there's only one tank to use, unless you kept several high tier Japanese tanks. All other nations have several trees, and the Japanese only has one. Quantity of available tanks makes this mission easy, not the quality of them.

You are in exactly the same position I am in OP, except I had already sold my Chi-To a month ago.

Chi-Ri gimmick so fun but so bad. It's a lot more fun imo than the Chi-To, but it's a Tiger with no armor. Expect failures.

I'm considering throwing money at the screen. But Cheerio seems better than Cheeto as there is also a damage requirement, and more HP and autoloader mean that there is more time to apply damage on the enemy. Maybe I'll unlock STA-1 in the meantime.

If I'd be ahead in the damage counter and behind in the kills count, I'd switch to Chi-To though. Much easier to farm kills on lower tiers.

I've been through the Chi-Ri and it slowly grew on me. It is not a great tank by any sense of the imagination, but when you can keep that gun singing while top tier you can wreck a lot of tanks. Especially so if it is one of a handful of Tier 7s.

Shoot at the flanks of tanks while they are distracted, preferably at some range. Take at least half your ammo in premium ammo, and expect to lose credits when not top tier.

However, if you don't feel like dealing with the tank and want to skip to the STA-1, then make sure you have enough XP to get the tracks, the top turret, and the top gun because they will make the STA-1 much easier to play with.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'm going to play my Chi-To until the 23rd, transfer my crew to the Chi-Ri, then use the equipment discount @ 24th.

If I can't get an ACE for Chi-To until then, I'll keep the tank and come back after my crew has some more 1337 skillz (after finishing tier IX grind, for example) and try again.

Sincerely, I think it might be refreshing to play something other than Chi-To, no matter how horrible it is.

If worst comes to worst; I can always buy my way out of the grind so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Well, let's see how it turns out.
Good luck to everyone grinding for the WZ   :beard:

I was planing to put my Ke-Ho crew  (+ my unemployed CHi-Ri radiman) for the mission, to help my Type. I'm kind of hesitating between the STA-1, Chi-Ri and Chi-To, but I think I'll try the later, because easier to get kills imho. Also, have to grind MoEs on the To (though I only have 1 on the other 2 tanks as well :/)

I would Chi-Ri anyday, but then again I solopubbed to unicum win rate in it somehow (no premium rounds, toolbox, camo net, binocs, large repair, large med, small repair, only BIA on the crew with some work toward snapshot/smooth ride/situaware) while I absolutely loathed the Chi-To's gun handling o_o.

The Chi-Ri can pop out, spray 3 rounds and usually score 2 hits, then back into cover most of the time to reload, and by the time the enemy comes after you you are loaded again. Against tier 9s you're worse than useless mostly, but all tier 7 meds tend to be without a lot of sprem. Chi-To cannot shoot the enemy 2-3 for 1, and dies much faster.

Day 7 Update:

Chi-To is doing surprisingly well.  My newly acquired sixth sense might have some influence in this outcome 8)

I'll get the chi-ri on the 24th (equipment discount) as planned; but I'll also keep the chi-to in garage just in case, as an emergency back-up.

Hope this positive trend continues.

Day 17 Update:

Holy **** ************ ...  Chi-To is really holding his own for the challenge. Not only in kills department, but in damage too.

Yeah, after a love-hate relationship, I've finally achieved my ACE tanker badge for Chi-To.
Time to move on to bigger and... well, bigger things. :sad:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1517506#pearl_river-derathor-type_4_chi-to

Day N Update:

Now that I've finished the challenge, I can provide you with final conclusions.

I completed half of the Japanese challenge with Chi-To and remainder with Chi-Ri. I can tell you that imho Chi-Ri was the better choice for this mission.

With its 3 round mag, it has better damage and kill secure potential. (made the second half of the grind a breeze)

Thanks for your input, and good luck.