Panther 8.8   183 members have voted

1. 1. Is it shit?

• Not shit.
    • Another Panther? No thanks.
    • Going to get the T-55A, so why bother?
    • Shit to the extreme.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

153 posts in this topic

The Panther 8.8 finally popped in the NA store. Any opinions? FTR seems to think it's shit. I'm a bit of a collector...but really, if it comes down to it, I'd rather spend the money on the wizzy 111 rather than another panther.

Thoughts?

Slower, less armored Panther II.

Definitely not a fun tank by any stretch of the imagination. Plays like a crappier FCM 50T without prem MM tbh.

It's a Panther II with less (already ineffective) armor, slightly buffed gun handling, and the ability to print money.

Not exactly something I would pay money for but if you like the Panther II enough and need something to grind credits in, I guess it could be worth the money.

Should they ever decide to give this thing pref MM I will buy it as I really liked the Panther II in T8 and T9 games. T10 was a little less pleasant due to limited pen even with gold rounds (nice angle at an E-100 side? U no can pen cuz Panther II).

However in its current state I won't buy it. If I want a premium Panther I can use the Warcrime Panther and be done with it.

It's nearly identical to the Panther II. Panther II is shit. Ergo, Panther 88 is likely to also be shit.

It's not hard guys.

I see WG is getting their hands in the pockets of vulnerable people. 

It's a slightly faster Tiger I at tier 8. If that's not a reason to celebrate I don't know what is.  :serb:

I liked the Panther II when I had it but without pref MM and remembering how many tier 10 games my T34 saw before I rage sold it- I'll pass on this thing. I wouldn't even spend tournament gold on it tbh.

If no one buys it they will buff it. Either a stats buff or pref mm. My money is on pref mm.

If no one buys it they will buff it. Either a stats buff or pref mm. My money is on pref mm.

How long did it take them to buff the AT15A? 

Don't get your hopes up. 

Ok, $50 fuckin bucks for a shitty version of the panther 2 that earns more credits...............is a fuckin horrible deal if it doesn't get pref MM.  Save your money, get something cooler or more useful...........like a grosstracktor or something..............

Save your money, get something cooler or more useful...........like a grosstracktor or something..............

I actually enjoy the little thing. 

But yeah, gonna steer clear of the 8.8 for a while, I think. 

save your $50 and get 5-10 games from steam :D

I ended up getting The Longest Journey trilogy and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

I know Im going to be one of the few... But I absolutely LOVED the panther2, i did fantastic with it on my t95e2 reroll account. Loved it to bits. The panther88 is 9kmh lower top speed (doesnt matter cause panther2 rarely hit top speed anyway unless downhill) and with much better terrain resistance and traverse speed making it more maneuverable than Panther2 while maintaining the same average speed of mid 40's. About the same gun handling (which is pretty great) makes the gun comfortable to use. 

Only major downside im seeing is:

1. 50mm side armor instead of 60mm making sidescraping against high tier 150mm+ guns not possible.

2. 5forward/7degrees side depression insead of 8 all around, making it play like the e50's having to swing its side up over a ridge to get better depression.

Idk, Im one of the few who liked the panther2 so i will be getting p88 at some point, possibly when prems go on sale.

The Panther 88 is proof that WG's russian bias is stronger than their greed.

We will see. They may be guessing that the German fans are enough to still make good money. If not they can always buff later but I wouldn't hold your breath.

There are a lot of players that will win <50% regardless what tank they are in, so why not?

I don't see what the problem is... I mean i's basically a Panther II with slightly better firepower and worse armor (only difference is against t6 tanks really...)

Can someone who actually owns one and has played a decent amount of battles in it give us a run down on how it plays and performs?