BPX

Charioteer Appreciation Thread

74 posts in this topic

How often are you in a situation where the enemy goes out the wrong way and you can permatrack him? 

As for armor, I only played tort on test but at least I know not to try to rely on it. In the at15 whenever I try I'm a sad panda.

Very often, depends a bit on the tank i play ofc, but very often (like once every 4 games i can kill track some1 till hes dead)

ps: its easier with tds, since people somehow peek-boo more vs them, Jp-IV is a good detrack spammer for example

How do I suffer less, if I free exp the challenger, and grind the modules on the charioteer, or just save the free exp for those and enjoy the rest of the challenger grind?

Free EXP'd the tank and the gun as well, because fuck esl gold anyway. And I have to say, damage farming is so easymode in this beast.

This *thing* has the honor of beiing the second tier 8 tank for which i used free exp to skip the last few k exp (the other beiing T28 proto)

What a useless turd, omg

It just as bad as SU-101 (proto beiing #1 tier 8+ mongol tank for always and ever) not even 2300 dpb and 65% win almost every single game i lost would have been more dmg with a pershing or a T44, countless game i lost would have been a win if all i had was a turret and some gun handling and gun depression, one of the worst tanks i have driven in a long, long time....

edit: first game conway:

shot_514.jpg

Edited by GehakteMolen

unlocked this yesterday, free xped to unlock and reading this will free xp the gun

i have a good 3 skill crew to put in, but what should i run with?

rammer, vents, optics

or 

rammer, binos, even cam net?

how often does she burn, can i drop the extinguisher for pudding and tea?

I use rammer, vents, optics. I'd run food, but it's too expensive.

thanks, ok got the l5 gun...

first game with it 2856 dmg and unhit, sniper highcaliber this tank is a beast at middle/ top teir

I reaaaally want one. 

But the Challenger is making me want to stab puppies.

10422368_392821277542233_5494358563394584945_n.jpg

i just bought the Charioteer after taking advantage of the recent UK TD special/focus, getting rid of the challenging Challenger.

i didn't go down the UK assault TD line, so absolutely stock atm. still coming to grips with the Charioteer

the turret turns like a Battleship of course, but the lack of gun depression is quite an issue. at least it isn't as tall as the Challenger (much), and i'll have to adapt Russian MT tactics (going to sides of hills rather than climbing the top)

it's a pain to track moving targets at a distance, since the poor turret traverse and gun bloom makes shooting moving LTs and Soviet hover tanks a pain. also kind of not worth it with the low DPS of the 20-pdr

i'm looking forward to getting my hands on the 105mm AT L7 gun. it had better be worth it. 

it would probably help to endure this stock grind in a platoon

I normally used Gun Rammer ,Binoculars and Camouflage Net , but to win the Ace Tanker

it was Gun Rammer, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive and Camouflage Net - with pudding and tea for rapid reload

I got 5764 damage in a Tier 10 game , you need well over 5000+ damage to get Ace Tanker and spot enemy tanks

( 1664 base xp got the Ace for me )

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=238429

Charioteer is so fun. ^^

6.8k dmg and fadin's medal, with 1650 base exp. Equipment used is rammer vents optics. Crew is bia + gunner + camo + vision skills (getting repairs on next skill). Food used.

Getting ace tanker is extremely easy if you play vision control, which the charioteer can do pretty well on a lot of maps due to camo value and decent view range + crew layout. (Ability to use vents and not having the commander being radioman is very significant for getting view range when having less than 5 - 6 skills on the commander.)

One thing I do wish for is a bigger ammo capacity.

Currently at about 72% solopub win rate, about unlock conway in 3 more battles.

EDIT: conway unlocked at 73% solopub win rate.

My best advice , after getting quite a few games in the Charioteer - is fit gun rammer, enhanced gun laying drive and binocs instead of camo net ) -

The EGLD was fitted to get the aim time down even further , in a game you take a little while to fully aim ( or you miss much more often  )

I didn't have much fun with the B barrel, but with the top gun this vehicle has been a blast. It's a Cromwell with worse gun handling, which isn't for everyone, but the damage/pen/shell velocity make up for it. Shells teleport to their targets.

And by grinding through it, you get the top gun on the Tortoise "free." 

Just bought that tank. So rammer, EGLD and binoc ?

On 9/24/2017 at 0:19 AM, DHP said:

Just bought that tank. So rammer, EGLD and binoc ?

if you have BIA crew, maybe drop EGLD for vents

I look forward to the -10 gun depression it will be getting very soon

So this is mostly boring TD trash, but 210 pen HESH rescues it. Rolling 500+ on tanks is so satisfying. My loadout is currently 16/8/6, but I may just ditch the value HESH for the gold HESH and shoot it a lot.

57 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

So this is mostly boring TD trash, but 210 pen HESH rescues it. Rolling 500+ on tanks is so satisfying. My loadout is currently 16/8/6, but I may just ditch the value HESH for the gold HESH and shoot it a lot.

Did you lose the keys to your T49?

That is the only explanation that I can come to as to why you are running around shooting HESH/HE out of the charioteer.

Hesh is understandable..6 credit HE makes me shake my head. This is no T49.

9 hours ago, simba90 said:

That is the only explanation that I can come to as to why you are running around shooting HESH/HE out of the charioteer.

HESH isn't your regular stock HE that relies on splash damage. HESH relies on penetration.

@Hally: Yeah, I agree. At first I used a few regular HESH shells in case I find a target that doesn't need the 210 penetration of the premium HESH, but soon realized that the ammo counter of the Charioteer is just too small, to divide the load that way. It should be all APDS and premium-HESH, imo.

10 hours ago, simba90 said:

Double Conway 5.5" HESH memes have a lot of potential. And if it doesn't work out the 4005 double HESH memes have a lot of potential. I suffer now for the hope of glory.

Issue with the charioteer is that it just doesn't have the ammo capacity for that kind of loadout. Charioteer HESH also has a notably smaller increase in alpha compared to the other british HESH users. It also has a much harder shooting someone in the butt and live to tell the tale than T49, rendering the credit HE ammo really not worth at all.

I'd like to update my previous statement to say that this tank is garbage. It has near zero offensive ability and its farmer trash ability isn't even that great. I'd take a UDES all day every day over this dumpster fire. The HESH was almost fun but somehow rolled sub-400 more than 500+ when it actually managed to pen.