BPX

Conway Toleration Thread

74 posts in this topic

Rplw9Ny.jpg

Fast to accelerate (19 hp/t) but capped at 35 km/h when it feels like it could go 60.  Worst T9 TD camo, slightly beneath the tortoise.  Huge turret and no armor except on the manlet.  Longer and taller than a E 75 with the engine deck completely exposed means arty will one shot you if hit.  Dispersion on turret traverse is unnoticeable since it's low and the turret traverse speed is 16, however the track dispersion is 0.3, over double the Conqueror's (the Conways closest comparison).  No ability to mount a vertical stabilizer like it's little brother makes it seem even worse.  It's gun depression and elevation are horrific at -5 and +10 which on such a tall tank means that anything that isn't a superheavy will be able to side scrape you with impunity.  It also makes El Halluf & Mines among others unbearable.

In return you get 3000 DPM at T9 on a gun with 400 alpha, 0.32 accuracy and 1.9s aim time as well as a 120 pen hesh shell (like the Conqueror) for one-shotting T10 artillery.  Which would be good and make it worthwhile if 80% of the maps currently in rotation didn't force you into <200m engagements.

I liked it on test, but is was very uncomfortable to position... The turret traverse limits the gameplay so much. If it had 20+ turret traverse it would be so much better.

I think I'll stop at the T8 in the line, the t10 definitely seems terrible anyways at least from the Twitch streams I watched.

I don't get it, why do you need to tolerate it when the tier 10 isn't worth getting?

Only reason I'm getting the T10 is to say "I have every researchable t10"

I think I'll stop at the T8 in the line, the t10 definitely seems terrible anyways at least from the Twitch streams I watched.

Yep, charioteer is the end of the line for me too.

Looks like the conquer makes a better td than this...thing.

It also seems to have 2nd td line blues like the obj 263 line.

What is your recommended equipment setup? Obviously rammer/gld last slot do you take binos/optics/vents? My crew right now is BIA/snapshot/safestow/smoothride/sixth for my third skill I'm split between the 2 visions skills and camo. Not a bad tank just in certain maps like Sand River its hard to do anything without being spotted.

Only needed 5 battles to confirm this tank is utterly shit, no flexibility at all, not going to bother with the grind.

Only reason I'm getting the T10 is to say "I have every researchable t10"

Keep playing until end of times then o_o

So the tank is basically like the tortoise, totally useless and brings the balance between amazing and trash tier 9 brits even?

Tank isnt that bad the gun handling is amazing coming from the Tier 8. The DPM is very nice as long as you can remain unspotted or peek after other people shoot you're golden. I'm getting about 2.6k dmg a game. I'm going to buy the tier x even though I know it sucks hopefully it recieves a buff soon.

Been looking at the Conway, and what really grinds my gears is the hitpoints. It has 1500 HP - afaik this is the worst HP of any T9 TD in the game, including things like the 122-54 and Foch. In fact, besides arty, this has the least HP of any T9. This makes no sense at all - for example, the Waffen IV, a 30mm armour, 25 ton PzIV balanced as a pure support platform, has 100 more HP than Conway, which is a the 51 ton, 76mm armour Centurion twice the size of the Waffen also balanced as a pure support platform.

It's so obvious that Wargaming was completely aware the tank was trash when pushing it to live. And I'm going to buy it anyway. Ripriprip

Been looking at the Conway, and what really grinds my gears is the hitpoints. It has 1500 HP - afaik this is the worst HP of any T9 TD in the game, including things like the 122-54 and Foch. In fact, besides arty, this has the least HP of any T9. This makes no sense at all - for example, the Waffen IV, a 30mm armour, 25 ton PzIV balanced as a pure support platform, has 100 more HP than Conway, which is a the 51 ton, 76mm armour Centurion twice the size of the Waffen also balanced as a pure support platform.

It's so obvious that Wargaming was completely aware the tank was trash when pushing it to live. And I'm going to buy it anyway. Ripriprip

Why would you do this :( 

Also I think Wargaming's tactic is to rework all the tier expectations for view, hp and so on but they decided to test it on a new line. Just nobody is clever enough at WG to realise that won't work because every other line is still using the existing expectations. 

[simulated WG response:] Because its German 8^U

Srs, tho, that's part of the gimmick, its not supposed to be a good tank.

Why would you do this :(

Also I think Wargaming's tactic is to rework all the tier expectations for view, hp and so on but they decided to test it on a new line. Just nobody is clever enough at WG to realise that won't work because every other line is still using the existing expectations. 

No, u are wrong....

They did survey on test server but they hear only RU player (number test server much RU players, few EU,less NA/SEA players)

and then 9.5 release

player started complaining need buff for everything

the problem they took RU player comment somehow they like it much. NA server just few people like and dislike. as long they accept NA players if they started to comment or surveying about new tanks.

I bought the Conway tonight. Extremely preliminary opinion is that it's bad. Not disastrously so, but it is bad. I am worried that the server stats for it will be alright because it has no stock grind so wargaming will just leave it to rot.

The changes I want to see:

0.30 -> 0.25 bloom on movement, 35 -> 40 top speed, 1500 -> 1700 HP.

Bam, fine TD.

It just really seems not right to give such a tall tank such shit gun depression.  Hell, it's worse than the Obj 140!  5 degrees of gun depression really does not seem British at all.  Would've expected at least 7 if not 8 degrees.  Regardless, I will grind it out and buy it (while holding on to my Charioteer of course) and see just how bad it is.  Hell, I'll probably unlock and buy the 4005 as well, and if it really is a turd (even to me) I'll sell it, and get a hell of a lot of creds. to play with lol.

Alright, I'm at like 1600 DPG and I just want to end the suffering. I dont get this tank. It doesn't have the camo to camp properly, the HP to take any hits, the armour to survive arty, the gun handling or gun dep to reduce exposure, the alpha to trade shots... I just get locked out by other T9s every game.

How would you compare this to the Tort?

Better, worse? 

The tort in my honest opinion is wayyyy better. Sure you don't have a turret but your gun traverse is more than enough. The reload and accuracy is significantly better, you get a shit ton of hit points, and your armor can actually bounce some shit at long ranges.

What sort of buffs do you think it'll get?

If it's anything like other underperforming British tanks (looking at you Churchill VII, Churchill Gun Carrier.....ok Churchill anything except the RUSSIAN CHURCHILL), then it wont get any buffs ever.