breeeze

AMX 13 75 Appreciation Thread

41 posts in this topic

Why is there no thread about this little gem?

I expected the worst seeing that it has the same gun as the 12t but boy was I proven wrong. 

The mobility is much better than the 12t, it can actually get up to speed quite quickly and stay there and while the AP pen is definitely fairly lacking in tier 10 games it has a viable APCR round (compared to the T71's stupidly expensive HEAT round).

It's definitely worse than the T71 but imo it still has a right to exist with its better camo, HP and accuracy which makes it better at scouting and sniping at longer ranges.

Running 18 AP/18 APCR since I can't afford more APCR and the quick reload allows me to switch around a lot.

These are my current stats in it, giving me a whopping 4350 WN8... light tank WN8 totally isn't broken

cHzCf8c.jpg

Just no. Tank is crap in my opinion. Seeing tier 10 often you can't do much with that gun without APCR spam, vision games are tougher and so are the players/tanks. At least 12t punches above average and can play vision games to some extent. Not the mention T71, M41 and others outclass it.

I enjoyed the 12t far more.  There is absolutely nothing I like about the 13 75, and my progress through it has come to a screeching halt.

I enjoyed the 12t far more.  There is absolutely nothing I like about the 13 75, and my progress through it has come to a screeching halt.

That's too bad, the 1375 to me was what the 12t failed to be.

Love the 13 75!  The 12t is also a good tank.  If the 13 90 is better than both, it must be OP.  

Love the 13 75!  The 12t is also a good tank.  If the 13 90 is better than both, it must be OP.  

1390 is amazing

I just started playing it. I quite liked the 12t, but i don't think it's worth training a crew on.

This one i am glad i started with 6th :)

13 90 as all lights has "LT syndrome". Very team & map dependent. 

On the other hand, I always saw 13 75 as 6,5 tier. While better than 12t in most aspects, it doesn't give the quite boost for comfortable play.

13 90 as all lights has "LT syndrome". Very team & map dependent. 

On the other hand, I always saw 13 75 as 6,5 tier. While better than 12t in most aspects, it doesn't give the quite boost for comfortable play.

Actually that imo is the big improvement over the 12t, it is much more comfortable to play and fixes a lot of it's issues like gun depression (-6 vs -4), gun handling (better dispersion across the board and better aimtime), mobility (slightly lower HP/t but massively improved terrain resistance). A less obvious thing I noticed is that the engine isn't made out of paper sheets anymore, still weak but not knocked out with every shot like on the 12t.

Sure, it can't do much in 10s but what T7 light can...

Actually that imo is the big improvement over the 12t, it is much more comfortable to play and fixes a lot of it's issues like gun depression (-6 vs -4), gun handling (better dispersion across the board and better aimtime), mobility (slightly lower HP/t but massively improved terrain resistance). A less obvious thing I noticed is that the engine isn't made out of paper sheets anymore, still weak but not knocked out with every shot like on the 12t.

Sure, it can't do much in 10s but what T7 light can...

Nowadays? Power creep there those bulldog's have a mean bite.

No, the 13 75 is still perfectly viable even against the new lights, you just have to adjust when they are on the field. The T49 will usually derp the first tank it sees - make sure that tank isn't you. The Bulldog willl outburst the 13 75, don't engage him unless he is distracted or get a hit or two in and disengage. If it means you have to give up a spot on the map to avoid dying so be it. The 13 75 has enough camo to passive scout early on and it has enough speed combined with short reload time that you can easily flank and distract isolated tanks. I just went through this grind the last few weeks and the only time I had issues playing the 13 75 was in T10 matches on funnel maps.

It feels better than the 12t to me and that was pretty decent. Corridor maps means waiting for herds to thin out. I have taken this gem straight through an undefended corridor for a Passcusi medal.

This tank was terrible when I first got it. Man did I hate it. So sluggish for a light with the stock tracks/not top engine. 

Once I upgraded it I actually like it a bit. Fair enough I run mostly APCR because the pen can be a bit lacking and with only 4.8K potential damage if you pen every shot you need to make every single shot count. 

It's strengths imo are shorter clip reload, great mobility, and much better gun handling compared to the 12t. That being said I think its slightly worse than the 12t tier for tier.

Big weaknesses imo Low damage, low shell count, low pen. But hey light tanks are what they are. 

I still fire on auto aim too much I think... got caught reloading 1 shot shy of killing a arty yesterday :-(

Frigging arty rammed me after I dodged his shot... just plain unfair ;-)

Just finished top 3 in 4 tier 10 games... that may say more about teams than me though. Vs autoloader bulldog... hahaha beat that reload fast.

So I'm on the 12T now.. and looking at this.

Is it actually worth runnint the 13/75 or should I just save free XP until I can get past it?

I'm doing OK in teh 12t, and I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would, but this looks like the same tank? Apparently it has a

+ a slighlty (1kph) higher top speed

+ 4 second faster clip reload

+ .22second faster shot reload

+ better terrain resistance

+/- same camo

- faces T10

- worse HP/ton ratio (and I don't find the 12T accelerates that well)

So it seems like..well it's exactly the same tank, with some slightly better gun handling, arguably countered by the fact that I'll need to spam APCR (I rarely use it in the 12T) but it's going to have slightly worse acceleration.

Has better depression..but it's still pretty poor.

Is it a credit loser? If I hit and damage with teh APCR will I at least break even?

reload, but exactly the same gun . Which will be fine for T8's, but T10s?

So I'm on the 12T now.. and looking at this.

Is it actually worth runnint the 13/75 or should I just save free XP until I can get past it?

Well, if you can stomach spamming ACPR, this tanks is amazing.  Very fun and comfortable.  It moves better than the 12t, so it must be the improved terrain resistance.  

And don't overlook two more degrees of gun depression!  It also has slightly better dispersion for shooting and moving.  15s compared to 19s makes more of a difference than you would think.  Two stories:

• I was trying to carry hard, and moved in to clip a tank. Got him then tried to run away, but as a guy caught up to me, I was reloaded, and clipped him too.  Started running, guy caught up to me, but I was reloaded in time and clipped him!
  • One on one vs a 7 hit to kill bulldog with a rock between us.  I put three shots into him, then I force reload while bluffing the shots, pretending to try and catch up with him, but letting him stay ahead of my gun.  Then when the clip ends, I move out and finish him.

If you liked the 12t, you should enjoy this as well.  Also, the tanks in this line REALLY want good crews, so why not run it?  

To be honest... I find the reload time on the 13 90 pretty harsh after this tank... wow... 40 seconds or so... it's just killing me... I actually got a crew back in the 13 75 because I enjoy it a bit more :D

I actually loved this tank, not as good as t71 but you can make it work with skill and patience  :tank2:  :tank2:

I have to say I really enjoy the tank so far: It's the first real light I play properly (I was still a retard when I did T71) and it's quite good with APCR spam. RIP wallet, though. Not super amazing stats but not too bad either for my first proper LT, although I don't really do much spotting play in the current meta:

7YYKSoQ.png