breeeze

AMX 13 75 Appreciation Thread

41 posts in this topic

Playing though this as a sockpuppet elsewhere and it is really a decent little tank.  Split ap/apcr since the first clip or two is usually into another scout or the side of a tank I spot getting to initial positions (you can get away with 12-18 rounds of ap if you are concerned about creds).  The lack of ammo is the only real downside as I have run out 3 times in 60 games.  Limits the late game viability if you are active early or if your team fails to damage things much.  I find games where even though I have been active all game, even if I had a completely full ammo supply I couldnt kill everything left.  You could theoretically be out of ammo in just over 2 minutes of constant reload/fire cycling with this tank so being accurate and picking the right targets to maximize your impact on the game itself and not just your damage alone comes into play.

Nice little do all tank.  Using it's scouty traits a lot and averaging just under 1k damage a game direct with a 63% w/r solo thru 60ish games.  I would definitely recomend people play through this tank as you need the crew xp for the 1390 and beyond.  Having a crap crew on a 1390 hurts far more than in a 1375.  Trust me.  The only crew skill on the 1375 I am running is 6th sense as the guy is wishy washy about everything else and leaves it all open which limits my ability to sneak around and it still is a pretty stealthy beasty.

Playing the SP1C makes me miss the 1375.  I mean, both are underwhelming from a power perspective, but the 1375 has better flexibility with its size, camo and shorter clip.  Not to mention the tasty APCR shell velocity.  I pray ever time I lose a shot at range with the SP1C.

Can anyone lend me a spare french crew?

Edit: SPIC gets vert stabs now.  I'd have to actually play it, but I suspect that this might swing my preference.  

How do you play this tank compared to the 13 90? Do I passive scout in the early game? Do I do a little scouting and then look for easy pickings? Ammo load out,  Full APCR?

I have my 13 75 and 13 57 set out for passive scouting. The view range in my opinion and with my crew skills is not good enough to use optics. So especially in high tier games I tend to passive first, active only when needed / spotted. 

Countering other lights with normal AP is valid (but I am EL CHEAPO) so I only load a few clips of APCR. Most tanks you can pen sides and rears anyway with AP.

Look for easy pickings OR and the gun does allow this -> snipe out of view range if you can remain unspotted. Make sure you are sniping sides and that you aim aim FULLY aim but once fully aimed the gun is actually reasonable and the reload allows for it too. The nice thing is the reload... I have gone one on one vs a bulldog and once we were both on reload I started chasing him because I knew my clip would load faster...

13 hours ago, catak said:

How do you play this tank compared to the 13 90? Do I passive scout in the early game? Do I do a little scouting and then look for easy pickings? Ammo load out,  Full APCR?

The tank has incredible camo, AND great sniping ability with the APCR.  I'd always plan to load APCR for the first clip, and then when you see the map and teams, figure out if you are best served as a sniper or a spotter for the first phase of the game.  

In comparison to the 1390, you can take low-percentage shots, and quite a few.  a 15s reload is short enough to not worry about your clip too much, whereas the 1390 is all about clip management.  Just don't go crazy with the sniping, since you only have 36 shells.

You don't have to go full APCR, but in your most epic games in it, where you end up needd to be careful with your last couple of shots, it can be really annoying to have to choose between loading 4 APCR or 3 AP.  I went full APCR to increase the chance of truly epic games, but it is pretty reasonable to have 1-3 clips of AP.  

On 25.12.2015 at 4:19 AM, no_name_cro said:

This thing got buffed slightly. How is it now?

It's still absolutely horrible. It has nothing going for it over the T71 except camo. Then again, the T71 has 10m more view range.

You're forced to run the 13 75 with full APCR because of the low ammo count. Fair enough, the APCR does get 202 pen, but what breaks this tank is the gun elevation. It's extremely painful trying to find spots where you aren't at the slightest incline that will prevent you from getting the gun to bear.

6 degrees of gun depression isn't great for ridge lines, either. The mobility, gun handling, and clip potential aren't good enough for assassinations. At least the intra-clip reload is comfortable, but when you try to take advantage of it, you quickly find yourself running out of shells.

Just finished grinding the 1375. I usually hate LT's with a passion because I prefer to have good armor, or at least a little trolly armor to work with. However, after greatly improving my med play in RU meds, I figured I'd grind up to the bat to see what that was like.

I was dreading going through the 1375, which I sold after 2 games (both wins even) last time I tried the bat line. But now I find it to be so vastly WN8 OP it's silly. This was my final 21 game solo grind in it tonight.

pmpBULV.png

I ended my 95 game grind with a 3153 WN8 in it overall, making it my 3rd best tank. I would consider keeping it but I'm moving my crew up and don't feel like grinding another crew for it.

I started playing it with 1 clip more AP than APCR, then about half way through switched to 50/50. I didn't really have any problems with the gun; even the poor elevation only screwed me up a few times.

I liked it WAY better than 13 90, mainly because shots aren't flying all over the fucking place and you can get back into the game way faster due to fast interclip. I didn't find it near as terrible as people claim it to be, though I only played SPIC and AufklPanther aside from it.

57 minutes ago, Yurra said:

I didn't find it near as terrible as people claim it to be

^^ yup... it's the main reason I got the 13 57 as well... which is the same but with a larger clip that does less damage but unloads faster.. 

Finished my 13 75 grind yesterday with the x2 all day. 62.5% WR and 1212 dpg.  All in all not a bad tank, the APCR cost money (and God help me in the new 13 90 I just picked up, rip credits).  Actually ran less APCR as the grind went on.  Given how many times you are pouncing in the mid/late game, AP works fine on the sides and rear (many exceptions). Plus the quick clip reload means you can toss in the APCR when you need to snipe or are going after a harder target. 

So long 13 75.  You were a WN8 generating machine, but it's 13 90's time now. 

1MvlAW6TmulUCy88zrl8_TheArtOfTheDeal_Cli

The only reason for the 13 75 to exist is to pad stats.  Bad players like me get 3k WN8, with 1 clip of APCR loaded.

It isn't absolutely terrible, the main issue is that the tank is the closest to a pure scout in a game where scouting in and of itself is nearly dead.  Good LTs need to have the firepower to actually leave their mark when they are flanking or rushing, and the AMX 13 75 just doesn't have that.

Really loving this tank even though I'm a novice light tank player. It just does what it does so well. In fact, I've probably had my best ever game in a light tank with the 13 75. Here's the replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/3700766#serene_coast-dirtyace7-amx_13_75

I actually ran out of ammo this game but still won. It was a 16k WN8 game :)