coaesystems

T95 - The Brick of Tier 9

61 posts in this topic

The T95 is actually a solid tank. I'm over 30 battles played in it and it's sitting in the 54%-55% range with good DPG (compared to my other Tier 9s). I had similar success with T28 Prototype, slow TD's work with me for some reason. Here is my current setup:

shot_125.jpg

Who else enjoys playing this tank? I like it because you can shoot enemies with a good chance the return fire will bounce, especially at long range. Also the high damage/pen combo is nice with APCR rounds for the toughest enemies.

Easily one of the worst tanks in the game. The mobility is so poor that you often miss the battle no matter what you do, leaving you to camp base hoping your team fails so done enemies get to you. Most of your damage is from morons who stupidly drive in front of your gun.

I liked my T95 and will be buying it back soon.  But I have to agree with engineered, hands down one of the worst tanks in the game.  The mobility is poor, the armor is poor (only against players who know where the weakspots are), and the gun is trolly.

The T95 SHOULD be one of the greatest liabilities in a game, but in the hands of a good driver, it becomes very very dangerous.  And if put in the right situation, not even god can stop it.

There are three outcome in a T95

45%: You are too slow and miss the action because all enemies are dead

45%: your whole team is dead before you get to the front and you get overwhelmed by mediums.

10%: Enemies are coming in front of your gun like flies around a pile of shit. and you manage to do something.

T95 is awesome, and very good at winning games, see this sort of ``mini-guide``:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/233128-all-hail-the-t95-all-or-nothing/

Most people play it wrogn, hence they hate it, you also need to accept that a relative large part of the games is lost, but the games where you can do something, you have massive influence

My best game so far:

(i drove to city on westfield and kill all, city = win, so even with a slowpoke TD i go there...)

As said above, it cannot carry it's team to victory but oh boy can it dominate a single flank. The beating this tank takes before it goes down is amazing - as long as you don't get surrounded, that is. I can totally see this tank together with two E 50s troll enemy teams left and right.

I am currently running with rammer, optics and spall liner, don't feel the need for a gld and vents would mean sacrificing survivability one way or the other. My crew is at only 2 skills unfortunately but we are getting there.

11 games in, 100% win rate. Mostly 2 man platoon. 

You have some huge pluses working in your favor: low profile with hard to hit weakspots, workable side armor and a good punchy gun. 

If enemy team is med heavy preempt where they will attempt to break thru and use arty cover to limit their area of play. If that means you need to stay near base, then so be it. 

If heavies are prevalent you can go toe to toe with them in their favorite alleys and push them out of position for your team. 

Currently run with optics (to offset slow speed and low vision), EGLD, and toolkit. I debated the merits of toolkit vs rammer and believe the tradeoff between getting a shot off 1.3 seconds earlier vs avoiding permatracks by T54s is worth it.

Your role is offensive bunker 40% of the time, defensive bulwark 40% of the time, and idle oxygen-breather remaining 20% when the team either breaks through or gets rolled before you can exert influence. That last bit is probably why unicums hate on the tank - because their wn8 is life. 

The recent armor nerf to its side is pretty massive. One of the best things about the T95 was that if they tried to shoot your side through your tracks and weren't a t9/10 TD, they'd usually bounce. It occasionally saved your life when you made a positioning mistake.

With that said, I really liked the tank. It was boring, no doubt, but it also felt very effective. Huge punch, very comfortable and reliable gun, the best armor-for-tier since the Pz J and old minimaus. Slow as shit, sure, but TDs can get away with being slow more than the other tanks can. Either you roll into a chokepoint and sit there or you roll to a sniping perch and sit there. Very good for winning. Definitely not even close to the worst tank in the game. Just to unlock this thing you have to play the T28, and the T95 shits all over the T28. It doesn't rake in the DPG/WN, but let's be honest here, that's because it can't farm up useless cleanup damage endgame. I really hate that that's an important trait.

I haven't played the T95 yet, but I'm about to.  I want an E3.

Could we come up with (at least some sort of) a consensus on equipment for this tank?

I don't think the GLD would be worth it - I mean, you're going so slow that the bloom can't be THAT bad, unless you're going full speed and find something really far away.

Binocs would mean you having to stop to use them, when you want to be moving most of the game anyway.

Perma-tracking T95s is an incredibly effective way of killing them (duh).

I'm starting to think the way to go is Optics-Toolbox-Rammer.  What do you guys think?

I use rammer, toolbox and vents, GLD is not needed (optics or binos instead of vents is also fine)

T95 has everything except speed. OP camo, OP gun and OP armor, but dat 13kph...

Is there a more unique tank in the game than the T95?   Its hard to compare it to anything because there is nothing else like it.  

I loved it, you feel like a big dog even in tier 10 matches, against tier 7 you were a golden god.   It might have awesome camo but I wouldn't know, I spent the whole game pressing the W key.   When I owned it I ran heavy spall, was that a bad choice?  Its an arty magnet.

205 games in it, 57% win rate.  I sold it, needed the credits and the crew for my E3, but if I was rich I'd buy it again just for fun.

My only goal in my T95 was to be the first on the enemy cap. Hit RRR and only stop to shoot was a pretty effective tactic, also this thing makes good credits.

The gun is pretty solid, but it's armour only really holds out from 150m+.

Best platoon combo I had was a T30 pushing me and using me as hull down whilst double tapping targets for 1500hp. Easily one of the scariest combos to face going down tank alley on himmelsdorf

68%w/r after 100 battles

Platooning T95 with Jagdzilla behind it = complete dominance of a flank.

Hmm a T95 with a JagdE100 in the back is just deadly. You cant hit the JE100s lfp and you lose so much hp when you peak.

I rember a T30 and T95 platoon in the early game days on Himmelsdorf. They went Bananaroute. T95 infront and T30 behind. They just drove through and gave zero fucks :P