coaesystems

T95 - The Brick of Tier 9

63 posts in this topic

Definitely need repairs. The base stationary camo for the E3 is only like 9%. You will have to tank instead of camosnipe.

What equipment are you guys using? I plan to play mostly in attack mode and am considering Optics. Since I don't intend to stop moving. Others seem to prefer spall-liners. Are they really that much better? Is this because of Anime-tanks?

1 hour ago, PieterJ said:

What equipment are you guys using? I plan to play mostly in attack mode and am considering Optics. Since I don't intend to stop moving. Others seem to prefer spall-liners. Are they really that much better? Is this because of Anime-tanks?

Naah. Optics are better. T95 is an even better scout after speed buff :D As for anime tanks. Load prem and trade 300 for 750.

I don't know what's the "ideal" set up but I'm running Rammer, Optics and Spall Liner. The bloom and aim time seem to be good enough to not need a GLD and it snapshots quite well, also it's an arty magnet and a lot of players start slinging HE at it when you show up.

It's my favourite Tier 9 atm and my go to stress relief tank. Just point it at where you expect the most hps and armor to be concentrated, RRR, right click, left click, hope my team hasn't folded before I get there, then barge my way to the front line and lead the charge. Seems to be working quite well as I'm performing well above my personal averages for winrate, WN8/DPG etc in it.

I'm hoping the E3 is a solid upgrade.

52 minutes ago, Cronk said:

I don't know what's the "ideal" set up but I'm running Rammer, Optics and Spall Liner. The bloom and aim time seem to be good enough to not need a GLD and it snapshots quite well, also it's an arty magnet and a lot of players start slinging HE at it when you show up.

It's my favourite Tier 9 atm and my go to stress relief tank. Just point it at where you expect the most hps and armor to be concentrated, RRR, right click, left click, hope my team hasn't folded before I get there, then barge my way to the front line and lead the charge. Seems to be working quite well as I'm performing well above my personal averages for winrate, WN8/DPG etc in it.

I'm hoping the E3 is a solid upgrade.

I ran it with GLD, rammer and bino. Generally you either fight in the city, where you don't need view range, so the optics is useless, or you are sniping and want to outspot sneaky shit. In that case the optics is also useless, because the base view range is dog shit. You definitely won't play like an active scout on an open field, so optics has no use. (I am a big fan of optics, but not on this tank.)

I am also not sure about the spall liner. If you are fighting HE spammer, then they hit you for 300 and you hit them for 750, like who cares? Also fuck arty, but if you are getting shot by arty all the time then you are not positioning yourself well. You just simply should not get spotted on the open with multiple clickers, and if you do get spotted arty will kill you even with spall liner.

This is my 2 cents. You are definitely not doing badly in it, so if it works for you...

Rammer, GLD, Vents.  I try to stay close enough that I can read the license plates of my heavies, but not be in front where I might get shot from multiple directions.  At over 100m I eat Types alive, but closer than 100m they are shooting down on me and the HE hurts bad. 

112 Battles 63% winrate, 2400 DPG which is down a bit from when I last posted.

Rethinking my Equipment now as the most annoying thing is mediums that sit there and perma track you, although just noticed my commander has SS SIA Recon and is training camo so probably should have switched that to repairs :facepalm:

Rammer is non negotiable for me, I prefer optics as I tend to be always moving, thinking of switching out spall liner for toolbox, it's nice shrugging off T49's and French arty, but the perma tracking is the most annoying thing in the game for this TD. Due to the complete lack of gun traverse I end up stuck there while some medium or fast firing heavy is able to retrack me half a second before I repair every time while sitting just a couple of degrees outside my gun arc.

Will see how I go with new setup.

Do I need an AFE in this thing?  Thinking of dropping it for a second repair kit, which seems more important thus far.  Does the T95 burn frequently enough to warrant an AFE?, 

(edit) Yes, if they can get behind you and shoot you in the ass.  But once they're doing that, I'm not sure the AFE matters, b/c there isn't much you can do if that happens in any case.

I will say that, with the top gun, this is a pretty inexpensive tank to run for a tier 9, even for a crappy player like me.  I don't think I've fired a single prem round yet, and being so low the ground means I'm never shooting down at the LFP (which decreases the angle).  Even against other t95s I can usually get a shot into their undercarriage from the front.  

Somehow people are better at countering this. Today a m46 patton snapshotted my cupolas 3 times in a row (though it was at 50-80m) and then and is7 acpr went through my superstructure. No longer as good at yolo as it was

Finally aced this sucker in my 223rd game, in part thanks to a trio of full health tier 7 heavies who insisted on sitting in front of me.  Okay, whatever, thanks for the damage guys:

hw2l21Z.png

My recent spate of games has gotten me to my highest ever ranking on NA:

5Bw2dsz.png