Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grister

Tier 9 foch

31 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Ok. Small update. Had a few games with worse maps and the tank got shit again. It should have way more DPM or better gun arc, dep and stats and a faster shell. It sucks at sniping so the best way to play it is around 200m or to bully tanks that you kill before they kill you. I hoped I will 2 mark it since I went from 60% to 80% in my shitter account but without even 6th sense my progress stopped at 80% when i finished the grind

would apcr help?

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

would apcr help?

Using ACPR helps with shell speed but it is super annoying the gun is both low speed, low pen (for a TD) and low alpha. Funny enough playing the tank like an autoloader kinda works - ie. being an assassin who looks for tanks it can quickly kill.  So the changes might actually work for it. 

Yeah, the Foch is a weird combination (like the rest of the tanks before it) of poor alpha, below-average pen (for a TD), and low dpm. Couple that with a chassis that has some armor but also has weakspots even 45%ers know, it can be an incredibly difficult tank to play because the gun and armor layout require two different playstyles. It can bully low tier stuff pretty effectively, though.

18 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Yeah, the Foch is a weird combination (like the rest of the tanks before it) of poor alpha, below-average pen (for a TD), and low dpm. Couple that with a chassis that has some armor but also has weakspots even 45%ers know, it can be an incredibly difficult tank to play because the gun and armor layout require two different playstyles. It can bully low tier stuff pretty effectively, though.

DPM isn't that bad. Better than many heavies. 

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

DPM isn't that bad. Better than many heavies. 

Good point, but IIRC it's middle of the pack for tier 9 TDs, which would be fine except that it has the lowest pen and alpha among its counterparts.

13 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Good point, but IIRC it's middle of the pack for tier 9 TDs, which would be fine except that it has the lowest pen and alpha among its counterparts.

Yeah but a ton of high dpm t9 tds are shit so that's how they justify it. Imho it should have Conway levels of DPM. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0