Android25

Object 430 Appreciation and Boasting Thread

74 posts in this topic

So I just got the 430 and my first game in it was awesome... I had just been playing the 907 a ton earlier tonight, so that may be why things turned out so well... Either way, so far I think its a bit under rated, but I like the 907 more than the 140 and 62a, so maybe it just fits my play style...

My first game:

Oz0vjza.jpg

TELNb4u.jpg

erlenberg-soviet-union-object-430-399628

^ Replay link

You will love it , my first 50 games in it l was just yoloing for no reason thinking the tank was bad but now that l learned how to play it well lets just say its perfect for me :)

Is there any reason to get 430 if you have 907, 62 and 140? I'm not that far from it but I was planning to not buy it at all, it seems to be worst of four russian Tx meds. You get some hull armor but gun is clearly worst, turret traverse and track traverse are bit worse(or same for 140) than on others and it has least hitpoint. Something I'm missing here?

Is there any reason to get 430 if you have 907, 62 and 140? I'm not that far from it but I was planning to not buy it at all, it seems to be worst of four russian Tx meds. You get some hull armor but gun is clearly worst, turret traverse and track traverse are bit worse(or same for 140) than on others and it has least hitpoint. Something I'm missing here?

Yeah, 5.17 second reload, IE best dpm medium. 

It's a lot of fun, the shit gun handling isn't so bad when you can get a bit closer. Still hits enough autoaim long range. 

Yes I know about reload but difference is 0.1s to 907 and 0.2s to other two without rammer, bia or food, so even less than that in practice. Does it really make any difference? I'm basically comparing it to 907 and it seems just inferior in every way expect hull armor. How is that hull armor, does it feel any better? Or do you have better armor use efficiency on it compared to others? 

It does make a difference, especially late game when you aren't gong to have a choice but to slug it out with something, or early game when someone got their 140 in to a position to bone half your team, you can roll in and wreck them. As for the armor, it's not park-in-the-open-and-trolololol armor, but it definitely gets far more random bounces off the hull than the others. Its turret armor is better than the 140, slightly worse than the 62A (as in the auto-pen roof weak spot extends farther forward than the 62A, but not nearly as far as the 140), it has pretty much the same mobility as the 140. The gun handling isn't bad, it's just not 62A railgun good. If you can play an STB or 121, it won't seem bad to you at all. Overall, it's my favorite of the RU meds.

Ca 

Yes I know about reload but difference is 0.1s to 907 and 0.2s to other two without rammer, bia or food, so even less than that in practice. Does it really make any difference? I'm basically comparing it to 907 and it seems just inferior in every way expect hull armor. How is that hull armor, does it feel any better? Or do you have better armor use efficiency on it compared to others?

You mean compared to the other tanks with full set-up? I'm confused, 5.17 is noticeably faster than whatever my 140 gets. IIRC it's around 6 secs with bia & gear (No food) so what is essentially just an almost imperceptable amount over 5 seconds is quite a lot. Well shit it's basically 1 sec faster on the reload. That's beefy.

Also the grind up to it seems quite pleasant, well the 416 and 430v2 both seem nice.

I'll be aiming for one for sure, once I get the freexp to elite the 416 and grind it out.

Hmm...maybe tank compare is out of date again?

http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/object-430/t-62a#T1=487I329I336I593I187&T2=403I329I277I503I188

It says 0.2s difference to T62 with 100% crews and no extras. Can't access ingame info right now.

Hmm...maybe tank compare is out of date again?

http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/object-430/t-62a#T1=487I329I336I593I187&T2=403I329I277I503I188

It says 0.2s difference to T62 with 100% crews and no extras. Can't access ingame info right now.

That...sounds out of date. I remember it recently got buffed to truly differentiate itself as the King of DPM in the medium stable so maybe that is it. 0.2s really isn't enough to justify the inferior gunnery.

That...sounds out of date. I remember it recently got buffed to truly differentiate itself as the King of DPM in the medium stable so maybe that is it. 0.2s really isn't enough to justify the inferior gunnery.

Yes. I believe they buffed the 430's ROF and slightly lowered the other Russian meds.

Yes. I believe they buffed the 430's ROF and slightly lowered the other Russian meds.

The buffed the 430's RoF, but did not reduce the others. the 430 is the only tier 10 med in the game with over 3k dpm now.

My ingame info screen says same than tank compare and Wot tankopedia(or whatever the name was). And my 907 has 5.25 reload without vents(T-62a with same setup 5.33s). I'm confused. Are those ingame stats also wrong or what? Is that 5.17s reload with what setup?

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad29/Hannu_S/shot_026_zps2f2b7ec3.jpg

Most of time ROF advantage is totally lost (and more) because it needs to aim clearly longer for accurate aimed shots, even in medium ranges (100-200m). Only at really close ranges 430 ROF advantage works.

Bought mine a few days ago. Only played 5 battles so far, but I like it. I was a bit disappointed with mobility at fist, bhy the dpm, armor and gun handling are better than expected.

I am on the way up Grinding to this tank but that horribad A-44 at tier 7.....My God its painful.

Was thinking of ditching the 107mm.  Its aim time is horrendous and it just misses anyway.

Should I persist with it or down grade to the S-54.  Its just so rage inducing. Even if I spam gold rounds it just derps all over the place......

What was your experience?

Well if you're going to downgrade, you almost have to use the 57mm. A tank with 125 AP/156 APCR, shit accuracy, and 115 alpha at T7 is just unbearable.

Its definitely derpy, but I would just stick with it. There is no other viable choice. The 57mm is a lot better than the 76, but both are terrible. Better to just go with the gun that's good on paper but terribly unreliable in practice than the guns that are both bad on paper and in practice.

Thanks Rexxie. 

On the upside I am only about 20k away from the 416. And I do hear good things about the 416.......

I'm on the 416, but i lack the gun, engine and tracks. Having a tank but being 100k off 'having' it properly is painful. 

Especially as I just freexpd the gun, tracks and engine for the 120 using the weekend event. 

Grind on, Wayne! 

Thanks Rexxie. 

On the upside I am only about 20k away from the 416. And I do hear good things about the 416.......

I have the 416. So far not a fan. I have trouble hitting things in it. I assume it is just because Im bad at aiming and bad at 416.

I would say that I actually enjoy my 430 more than my 140. I'm weird like that.

the 430 just has a certain style to it. Plus its the sexiest of them all. The turret isn't like a pancake like it is on the 140.

How viable 430 is at CW? Callers tend to favor 140 over 62 and 430, argumenting about mobility and gun depression. Which I think is BS.

I'm close to unlocking T-54 or 430-2 through 416 and debating which line to grind first. I've previously grinded to 140 on NA and hated the unreliable turret on the tank.

I'm currently grinding my way towards my first RU-med and I have a question about the 430, and the russian meds in general. I wasn't sure where to post it, since it relates to how the tanks were ranked in two threads that are currently very active (see below) but I figured this would cause the least mess in case this turns out into a discussion about the 430 specifically.

The 430 was eliminated (in @Rexxies thread) at position 16, the 140 at 22 and the T62A at 25. With CAX, IS-7, STB-1 and IS-4 coming between the 430 and 140, and the Batchat and E-50M coming between the 140 and T62A. @PityFools thread is still ongoing at the time of writing.

Meanwhile we have an review by Garbad that is outdated by now, but it reads well and seemingly makes sense:

The Object 430 is far more similar to the others than not.  Like its brothers, its also substantially superior to most of the other tier 10 mediums.  But when it comes down to it the Object 430 is worse than its brothers.  In theory, it has the best armor….but in reality, the loss of hull down makes its toughness a wash.  But as a downside for its “advantage” in armor, the 430 has by far the worst gun handling.  Its still not terrible, but it makes a difference. 

http://wotlabs.net/articles/object-430-russian-tier-10-mediums-comparison/

So are the 140, T62A and 430 really that different? Or are the difference between the tier 10 tanks (performance wise) so minimal that their difference in ranking is warranted? Ie is the 430 really closer in performance (not playstyle, mind you) to the IS-7 then the 140?

(Would also love to hear what @RichardNixon has to say on the T62A, 140 and 430, if possible.)

@Research_Monkey

I dont know anything about statistics but the Obj430 has one thing going for it that no other MT has.

It can automatically win any brawl vs any MT by facehugging it at an angle so that the opponent autoaims into the ricochet shoulder plate. You become unkillable and they die very quickly.

However if you arent knife fighting other meds it has no upsides over the t62 or 140 apart from occasional lucky bounces on the ridiculously angled side armor or shoulders.

It's one of those tanks that excels in one thing, but you rarely get to do it.

Example

Spoiler

NBZYikp.png

Autoaim centers on the shoulderplate beneath the turret. Automatic win in a brawl. I've even fucked over the occasional purple player like this, lots of fun