Android25

Object 430 Appreciation and Boasting Thread

71 posts in this topic

Bleh, bought this for a while, almost immediately sold it. Hugely disappointed. I couldnt make sidescrape work at all, and otherwise the armor scheme was wholly inferior to the 907. I was hedging my bets on the armor being troll as fuck, but the only one who got trolled was myself. No thanks.

Just played it on the sandbox with 400 ping... had no issues absolutely destroying anything I came across in it so I'm glad I'm grinding for it on my account. 

Seems like this tank is quite decent. Skill4ltu has been playing it has 3.3k dpg in it. Circon also thinks it's quite the strong tank. Might be worth to look into keeping it. 

Review of circon (kappa): https://clips.twitch.tv/YawningDignifiedTarsierTooSpicy

Probably too soon to tell if it's a keeper but probably enough to hold on to it a day or two.

So this v. a T-54.. which is the better tank?

8 minutes ago, Nalok said:

So this v. a T-54.. which is the better tank?

T-54 hands down.

1 hour ago, sr360 said:

T-54 hands down.

Without wanting to sound lazy, care to elaborate?

1 hour ago, Nalok said:

Without wanting to sound lazy, care to elaborate?

The 430's main trick is hitting for 390 instead of 320. To do this, it trades mobility, gun handling, premium pen, gun depression...

I just finished the grind with ~65% WR, which is +- what I get with tier 9s recently. The tank plays a bit differently than the usual russian meds, I needed like 30 battles or more to get used to it. The tank is OP against low tiers and at least good to decent in tier 10 battles depending on the team composition and the map.

Armor: The armor is solid and it got lots of hp, it can side scrape like a boss. Frontal pens break the fuel tank so burns often. I used repkit, medkit, AFE. I am cheap af.

Mobility: Its mobility was a bit annoying, but mostly because of my preconception about the mobility of a med.After I got used to it, it didn't seem to be a big problem anymore. The only real issue with the engine power that I was pushed against walls by lower tier meds and could not push them away.

Gun: The gun is workable. The accuracy is bad, but the gun handling is okay. The alpha is Keygrasm on this platform. The pen is not great but other tier 9 meds manage with similar. 

Tipp towards the grind: The second track doesn't give any advantage over the first one except the track health and the load capacity. Both track has the same dispersion, terrain resistance and traverse values and it is not needed to advance towards the 430U. Don't waste xp/freexp on it!  It has only one turret and gun, that means the engine is the only module, that needs to be unlocked to go from stock to "elite". Probably the best stock grind in the game.

27 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

load capacity. Both track has the same dispersion, terrain resistance and traverse values 

On this, i was under the impression your weight relative to your load capacity did impact things. I'm guessing you didn't test or anything but now i'm curious.

im glad i looked at this thread. I was just about unlocking tracks. but ill grind the 20k more for engine first

what's the odds on the tier 9 and 10 being nerfed do people think? 

I'm enjoying the t44 I recently bought back, but I might skip the rest to try get the tier 9 and 10 pre nerf state, if they're likely to nerf it.

Do NOT ram anyone with this tank! Thought for sure I could finish off a Sheridan. Turns out I was the one that got finish off.

15 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

Do NOT ram anyone with this tank! Thought for sure I could finish off a Sheridan. Turns out I was the one that got finish off.

Fwiw, i have a feeling sheridans are one of the tanks where it really matters where you ram as their weird spaced armor bits can absorb some of the impact.

As to ramming in the 430, it's ok if you pick your targets, but yeah, it's certainly no e50.

On 4/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, Copeyhagen said:

what's the odds on the tier 9 and 10 being nerfed do people think? 

I'm enjoying the t44 I recently bought back, but I might skip the rest to try get the tier 9 and 10 pre nerf state, if they're likely to nerf it.

About as likely as WG fixing the Defender. 

Put 60k free XP from the t44 to unlock this last night, feels very comfortable. Sold the t44 but should have kept it, we use it for tier 8 clam wars. Will rebuy it maybe but the 430 I'm really liking. 

2 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Put 60k free XP from the t44 to unlock this last night, feels very comfortable. Sold the t44 but should have kept it, we use it for tier 8 clam wars. Will rebuy it maybe but the 430 I'm really liking. 

Why would you freeexp a good tank? 

21 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Why would you freeexp a good tank? 

Good tank @ tier 8 = bad time

5 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Good tank @ tier 8 = bad time

Good tank is always a good time. Even with shit mm unless you get shit maps. I am having fun in the Lowe. Same for elc even 90

T-44 is one of the most competitive tier 9 medium tanks in the game. 

The only real issue is that you haemorrhage credits and have trouble facing tier 10 heavies and 268 4s. Good thing you can outrun them.

I was enjoying the t44 itself, but every game was fucking tier 10, and I was too excited to get my hands on the tier 9.

The fact there is no stock gun or turret, why would anyone play the wz120 when it has an AWFUL stock grind when this exists.

I'll rebuy the t44 for the odd clam war when we don't have a 100. But absolutely no regrets jumping up to this thing in tier 9 with the free XP.. love it