Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
just_started

FV4005 Stage II

82 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to play this tank I am struggling? The equipment for the tank is another dilemma too. Rammer/gld/(optics/binos), full dpm build, or one with a camo net? This is my first 183 tank it is fun to 1 shot people, but the tank takes glass cannon to a whole new level. Not to mention the subpar view range of 390m which is 10m less than the 183. I really think this vehicle could use some buffs such as 420m view range, 950hp engine, and a slightly faster reload.

Pls no buff to land arty... just play like the waffle but derpier, single shot gun.  Let others spot for you by CHAI sniping, or poke around the corner after the enemies have shot your team mates.

Not to mention the subpar view range of 390m which is 10m less than the 183. I really think this vehicle could use some buffs such as 420m view range, 950hp engine, and a slightly faster reload.

Are you kidding me? 

You want it to be even faster - Because it currently isn't fast enough for a tank destroyer?

You want the reload to be faster - because it's supposed to oneshot people every 15 seconds instead of the current 25?

And it also needs a 420M view range- because TD's are supposed to have good view range, right?

I really think this vehicle could use some buffs such as 420m view range, 950hp engine, and a slightly faster reload.

The 4005 is broken, just like the 183 and waffle, so giving it buffs will make it both broken AND op.

To answer your question, binocs are superior to camo net for the 4005, since its camo values are already horrible a camo net will not help very much.

At this point, the only tier 10 TD I have even found somewhat close to enjoyable recently is the 268, and only because I can got assault gun mode. If I can't be over aggressive in a tank, I don't wanna play it. However, the tier 8 looks like it's worth taking a look at.

Are you kidding me? 

You want it to be even faster - Because it currently isn't fast enough for a tank destroyer?

You want the reload to be faster - because it's supposed to oneshot people every 15 seconds instead of the current 25?

And it also needs a 420M view range- because TD's are supposed to have good view range, right?

So waffle gets 420m view range with stationary camo rating of 0.4 while fv4005 is 1.37 with 390m view range? Not to mention the waffle can clip just about any tank in the game if caught in open and is even faster than the fv4005. Shooting HESH long range is just a gamble and if you miss you will be spotted. Even after the nerf the Waffle 100 is still just a complete joke any noob can easily clip a full clip in almost any situation. The point of this thread was that the fv4005 is literally a pointless tank compared to many of the other big gun tier x td's. Even though it has slightly better gun handling and mobility it trades a lot for it compared to the 183. Also the 183 can side grind and maybe bounce a few shots. Anyone with half a brain could see how the fv183, waffle 100, jagdpanzer e100 are clearly better choices. I don't get where I said 15 second reload now you are just putting words in my mouth.

I enjoyed most of the new TD line the best ones being the tier 5,8, and 9. The rest are lackluster for their tier.

So waffle gets 420m view range with stationary camo rating of 0.4 while fv4005 is 1.37 with 390m view range? Not to mention the waffle can clip just about any tank in the game if caught in open and is even faster than the fv4005. Shooting HESH long range is just a gamble and if you miss you will be spotted. Even after the nerf the Waffle 100 is still just a complete joke any noob can easily clip a full clip in almost any situation. The point of this thread was that the fv4005 is literally a pointless tank compared to many of the other big gun tier x td's. Even though it has slightly better gun handling and mobility it trades a lot for it compared to the 183. Also the 183 can side grind and maybe bounce a few shots. Anyone with half a brain could see how the fv183, waffle 100, jagdpanzer e100 are clearly better choices. I don't get where I said 15 second reload now you are just putting words in my mouth.

I enjoyed most of the new TD line the best ones being the tier 5,8, and 9. The rest are lackluster for their tier.

All the TDs are getting a view-range nerf, this new line is just a Guinea pig for what is to come.

Look, Ocean heres the deal.  A LOT of us players here on wotlabs don't exactly have high praise for big alpha TD guns.  When you are in a tank, doing the carrying for your team, and all of a sudden you are 1 shotted........doesn't exactly give high praise you know what I mean?  Also.....the tank is the closest thing to arty, and most wotlabbers HATE arty.

That being said I can answer a few of your questions. 

When it was first introduced, the tank did in fact have a quicker reload than the 183, and if you went full DPM build, you could get the reload down to like 19.5 seconds I think?  On top of that, the mobility was WAY better than it is now, and it made the tank perfect for brawling.  Now the tank is totally balanced IMO.

How do you want to play this? Well, it is clearly a british version of the waffle tier 10......a big glass cannon that snipes.  SOOOOOO that's how you're gonna have to play it, because if you try to brawl with it like in a 183 you will die instantly.  If you don't like that answer, I'm sorry but this is the only one.  If you wanted the tank to be an OP tank that runs around bouncing shots and one shotting people, you should try something else (or at least LOOK at the stats of the tier 10 you are about to grind to.....)

Yeah fyi just because the Waffle gets something, doesn't mean all the other TDs should. It's already rightly agreed that the Waffle is completely bullshit. 

If you want the ability to one shot people, you put up with a shitty chassis. That is the deal, take it or leave it. 

Maybe a T62a with 4005 gun would be more balanced and suit everyone's needs/wants :doge:

The broken FV's certainly don't need buffs.  Halve the alpha and double the RoF and I could actually find this thing able to work around, being a T9 or a T8 you can get one shot just for trying to do good and be somewhat aggressive, and the ridicously low amount of exposure the FV's needs to put out that kind damage. The WT needs to stay out for 8-10 seconds to clip something, and it'll be spotted, and everyone'll aim for it right away. However the FV can literally peekaboo in closeups to oneshot anything that's not tier 10 without anything more than 1-2 seconds of exposure if they're close enough. The FV introduction in this game made this far too derpy for my taste and it's a game ruiner, just like the waffle.

Complaining about it being bad isn't justified, I do believe that the problem is more on you who haven't figured out how to play it yet. (It's not very hard though kek)

Are you seriously arguing that the FV4005 II needs a buff because the Waffle is even more broken? Silly man.

All the TDs are getting a view-range nerf, this new line is just a Guinea pig for what is to come.

Good. Anyone who is a decent player knows how to easily defeat an fv4005. A medium tank with decent gun depression can easily shoot the turret and pen every time when above or below. With the lack of gun elevation and depression given the right terrain the fv cant shoot back. Most tier x mediums with a good crew will easily out spot the fv. With the waffle you get consistency and the fv is randomness. The FV4005 is a lot more balanced than the FV215B 183 ever was and I have no clue why WG buffed the armor.

God guys stop comparing TDs with fucking arty. TDs only kill you if you yolo around and be reckless.

Has anyone played that pos fv4005? It is THE worst tier 10 available. OMG ONE SHOT. Umm no, these things oneshot high tiers less than arties. 230 pen is not workable anymore at anything above tier 8.

Yes I do agree that FV4005 needs a buff desperately. It's horrendous.

Yeah I don't get this thread. FV4005 is the worst T10 in the game and all these answers are like "LOL ARE YOU SRS? ITS A TD! YOU DONT DESERVE BUFFS!". Yeah, you dont like big guns. I get it guys. But please, go fuck yourself if that's all you're going to answer with when someone asks for advice and expresses his misgivings with again, the worst T10 in the game.

Yeah I don't get this thread. FV4005 is the worst T10 in the game and all these answers are like "LOL ARE YOU SRS? ITS A TD! YOU DONT DESERVE BUFFS!". Yeah, you dont like big guns. I get it guys. But please, go fuck yourself if that's all you're going to answer with when someone asks for advice and expresses his misgivings with again, the worst T10 in the game.

K so do you agree it should move faster, fire quicker and get 420m view range then?

Yea. I'd rather it become a little more unique than just "faster", but right now it's literally floor trash. Even with all those buffs, it'd still be floor trash.

God guys stop comparing TDs with fucking arty. TDs only kill you if you yolo around and be reckless.

Has anyone played that pos fv4005? It is THE worst tier 10 available. OMG ONE SHOT. Umm no, these things oneshot high tiers less than arties. 230 pen is not workable anymore at anything above tier 8.

Yes I do agree that FV4005 needs a buff desperately. It's horrendous.

I have tried using HESH it is so hit or miss at range. I only bother using it up close or against tanks without tons of spaced armor. I have gotten a ton of ammoracks with AP though. I'm not asking for it to be OP just more workable buff one aspect of tank not all 3. I was just throwing out a few things I think could be imroved on the tank. At .38 it still is a decent sniper at long range. I think the tank should have something unique like Rexxie said. The tank feels like the object 430 aka the redheaded step child.

Kinda feel they should have went with the FV4005 Stage I design and given the chassis near-top Centurion speed or hovertracks, as it stands its alleged biggest asset apart from the 183 gun, its "mobility" is subjectively in this posters opinion only around the pre-nerf 183 level judging from Test server impressions

An annoying unintended result of its introduction is that the 183 as well has become even more terrible with its mobility nerfs (nerfs added in order to "differentiate it" from the 4005)

Stage I design for reference

UKP0sSC.jpg

I've also heard rumors that the FV 4005 carried a six-round autoloader for a 120mm gun with additional 3 drum storage in the back, but I've seen nothing concrete about it apart from 2nd hand accounts from people who have written to Bovington. For game purposes, I'd say a 4-5 round 120mm autoloader would have sufficed (say 390 average damage per shot - slightly more burst than a 50B/57 but lack of a proper turret in the Stage I design).

As it stands, its a HESH blooper without the armor to brawl, speed and size that prevent relocating without serious HP loss and gun accuracy that makes long-range engagements a big no no. The Waffle and 183 can actually respectively play sniping games or street brawl, the 4005 Stage II is the synthesis of those two vehicles worst assets combined with middling mobility. 

How to play the tank.. I'd say maximize DPM and stay behind a heavy tank buddy in a platoon (E100), assist him when he pushes or help with holding a corner, in all honesty, I don't even know what kind of role this tank can fulfil by itself outside of being babysat by an E100

Kinda feel they should have went with the FV4005 Stage I design and given the chassis near-top Centurion speed or hovertracks, as it stands its alleged biggest asset apart from the 183 gun, its "mobility" is subjectively in this posters opinion only around the pre-nerf 183 level judging from Test server impressions

An annoying unintended result of its introduction is that the 183 as well has become even more terrible with its mobility nerfs (nerfs added in order to "differentiate it" from the 4005)

Stage I design for reference

UKP0sSC.jpg

I've also heard rumors that the FV 4005 carried a six-round autoloader for a 120mm gun with additional 3 drum storage in the back, but I've seen nothing concrete about it apart from 2nd hand accounts from people who have written to Bovington. For game purposes, I'd say a 4-5 round 120mm autoloader would have sufficed (say 390 average damage per shot - slightly more burst than a 50B/57 but lack of a proper turret in the Stage I design)

120mm autoloader would be a good idea I really enjoyed the Conway and it would lead great into the tier x as far as playstyles go. I originally wanted the stage 1 in the game, but thought it would be too powerful (autoloading 183). There doesnt seem to be too much information about the stage 1.

in all honesty, I don't even know what kind of role this tank can fulfil by itself outside of being babysat by an E100

It's great for generating XVM camo, just like the Crusader SP is for me (top gun is too terrible for a tier 7 arty, and the stock gun can't scratch the side of an ST-I turret, sadly).

In all seriousness, I'm grinding every single line in the game (or have the Xs) very slowly, and the only one I'm not remotely interested in or grinding is the 4005-2, because there's a reason "Number Two" is kid-speak for shit.

The stage 1 with a 3 round autoloader 183mm, 50 secs reload 5 seconds between shots and everything else as it is now it would still be a bad tank. Gimmicky and maybe useful in CWs in a couple of set positions but still bad. Would be fun to see that in game.

Right now, in my opinion it needs full turret traverse (I know unhistorical but they have a WTE100 in the game ffs), 2 secs reload buff and 50b speed.

The stage 1 with a 3 round autoloader 183mm, 50 secs reload 5 seconds between shots and everything else as it is now it would still be a bad tank. Gimmicky and maybe useful in CWs in a couple of set positions but still bad. Would be fun to see that in game.

Right now, in my opinion it needs full turret traverse (I know unhistorical but they have a WTE100 in the game ffs), 2 secs reload buff and 50b speed.

now I'm imagining it as a T10 arty, with a 3 round clip, 90-100 sec reload, and 10+ sec in between shots, with gun stats similar to the 261.

now I'm imagining it as a T10 arty, with a 3 round clip, 90-100 sec reload, and 10+ sec in between shots, with gun stats similar to the 261.

OMG fuck no. As a TD it would still need to get to draw range and fire directly and put itself in harms way. I don't want any orbital strikes xD

I just wish it was a better reward for the grind I'm gonna do especially with the shitty challenger/conway. I have all British tanks and yes the arty too (I'm still haunted).

Unfortunately I can't find any concrete info on the alleged 120mm autoloader mounted on the 4005 Stage I (or 2).

The Stage I 183 autoloader COULD be made to work if it could only fire HE shells with relatively low-pen values (say 90).  No HESH, no AP, just HE and premium HE with bigger splash. A 90 sec reload, 7-10 sec intrafire, 12 shells total, 4 clips.  It would make it a very niche and very unique tank, as it is, even in its current state it won't see much pub. play use as word gets out what a rolling turd it is.  Bring down its HP to 1500-1600~ in line with the first test server iteration, give it actual mobility. Considering that a lot of tank destroyers operated interchangeably as field artillery, it's not really that ludicrous. (Obviously no indirect fire) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0