Solono

Purpose of Casual Purple

34 posts in this topic

This is a less involved, PP targeted interaction area, it is meant for light questioning and other such shenanigans with our resident experts. 

It is currently on a viability test for the next two weeks.

A topic about PP's might be in place here, how to become one and what is expected of one, for example?

Typically, Purple Poasters are selected by peers or Aga. 

Excellent addition. Is it going to be PP moderated, like APP?

No.

I've got no problem with purples not being real moderators of this section, but if we could just hide posts (even if just in our own threads) it'd be much more convenient.

I've got no problem with purples not being real moderators of this section, but if we could just hide posts (even if just in our own threads) it'd be much more convenient.

Done.

why casual

the word it self bores the life out of me

RIP Garbad... this was long overdue, thanks

Can PPs still create topics in APP without a mod queue but answer questions at will (which I believe would be a good move), or still create them at will like before?

Casuals is a word for football hooligans over this side of the pond! So if you get people turning up looking for a scrap you've been warned! :-0

Translation....Football = soccer or saccer as you lot pronounce it...

Or is a bathrobe too casual?

Yes it is. You need your Peter Storm Jacket. 

1903854148.01.SWCH_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Typically, Purple Poasters are selected by peers or Aga.

That kinda sucks for EU's because there are only 3 PP from EU 5 if we count sharpnelli (inactive) or dova(not posting)   (dont forget, EU is much larger so purples dont interact with each other as much as NA does)

XEN, GM are quite obvious PP

Nominations typically happen for consistent quality posting or major external contributions, though. Unless someone is really exceptional, stats are just the entry barrier to get in. The lack of Euro PPs is on the EU server for not supplying us with enough deep purples.

Xen isn't PP material despite his stats, and who is GM?

That kinda sucks for EU's because there are only 3 PP from EU 5 if we count sharpnelli (inactive) or dova(not posting)   (dont forget, EU is much larger so purples dont interact with each other as much as NA does)

XEN, GM are quite obvious PP

Also I think the playerbase is better imo, less population and from that population more are unis and even more are blues. The uni to pubbie/ precum to pubbie ratio is off the charts.