Solono

Purpose of Casual Purple

34 posts in this topic

Nominations typically happen for consistent quality posting or major external contributions, though. Unless someone is really exceptional, stats are just the entry barrier to get in. The lack of Euro PPs is on the EU server for not supplying us with enough deep purples.

Xen isn't PP material despite his stats, and who is GM?

So why did Dovakin get his PP status?

Or better, go in member section list all PP with less than 100 posts and tell me on what basis of content did most of them get their PP stats? and to continue the question, what kind/amount of content is needed to get PP status?

Dont think i want to discredit anyone, but it seems silly that guys like Xen or GM (or even me *smug :P) need their posts checked when answering questions for forum users seeking our advice.

Also I think the playerbase is better imo, less population and from that population more are unis and even more are blues. The uni to pubbie/ precum to pubbie ratio is off the charts.

Yes, lower population tends to do that, the same effect was quite obvious at the end of beta/release where the concentration of good players was huge. popularity of the game brings in more tomatoes and as we know, popularity of tanks in USA is not that great.

Paara, there is a difference in being [email protected] and then "[email protected]". Not all purple players show a particularly high "skill" when it comes to forum posting and discussion. As Agamemneon said, the stats are just an entry - a "you must be this tall"-sign if you will.

Also I think the playerbase is better imo, less population and from that population more are unis and even more are blues. The uni to pubbie/ precum to pubbie ratio is off the charts.

Hmmm  I think your logic is deeply flawed "imo". The player base is really small over in NA,so the game would be considered "indie" by definition. I would think indie/non mainstream games attract lots of really good gamers/hardcore gamers at first and as the game becomes more popular through word of mouth and the interweb and such,you tend to get many many more mainstream/casual games starting to play it,this I believe dilutes the skill level down a lot. Their are 133,000 people on EU2 now at 3.45pm on a Wednesday evening and another 38K on EU1... How many are on the NA servers at 3.30pm on a week day?

Now If you are a player at my green level and your are constantly in games with purps and blues....well then you're going to get a lot better a lot quick as you are thrown in at the deep end! Is that not how that Kiwi chap says you should learn? He says that will make you a better player. Is it not preached here by the great players that you learn from better players on what to do and not do? You guys also get the extra bonus of "everyone knows what the fuck you are saying because you all speak English" that is huge imo and taken for granted by you lot. You are lucky if 5 can understand what you are saying over here. If you want to know what its like,turn off chat in battle.

I think if the numbers of NA players were similar to the EU the difference in uni/bluni numbers of players would be around the same! When you introduce large volumes of players the skill level drops it doesn't increase! You're trying to make out like you lot are some master race at playing tanks :tongue:

Paara, there is a difference in being [email protected] and then "[email protected]". Not all purple players show a particularly high "skill" when it comes to forum posting and discussion. As Agamemneon said, the stats are just an entry - a "you must be this tall"-sign if you will.

I understand that but there seems to be players that dont follow that rule both PP and notPP.

Dovah and some other inactives were before my reign, but activity isn't a req. Let's not clutter this thread with our discussion but feel free to PM me or start a thread in this section if you'd like to discuss Purple Poasters. 

Dovah and some other inactives were before my reign, but activity isn't a req. Let's not clutter this thread with our discussion but feel free to PM me or start a thread in this section if you'd like to discuss Purple Poasters. 

No need, i made my point clear, also we talked about this last time i asked about PP status via PM.

On 9/4/2016 at 3:14 PM, canadiantrex said:

Am I purple enough to have a solopubbin, ego-stroking, ego-crushing thread in here?

Yeah, what is the threshold, purple recent, deep purple recent, purple overall?

Curious, as a former purple recent myself...