DoggieKruger

Comet fan club

83 posts in this topic

Have come back to this bucket of trash. Doing better this time but still what a vile piece of garbage. I like the gun depression but that's about it. It's a disgusting tank in many ways.

16 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Have come to this bucket of trash. Doing better this time but still what a vile piece of garbage. I like the gun depression but that's about it. It's a disgusting tank in many ways.

Really? I love this tank, and it's one of my few 3 marks.

The turret got nerfed really hard a while back, but you still have decent mobility, best-in-class DPM and godly gun depression.

Explain to me how it's worse than the competition at tier 7:

1. A-44
  2. T-34/100
  3. KV-13
  4. Leo
  5. Panther
  6. T-34-1
  7. T-43
  8. T20
  9. Type 5 Chi-Ri
  10. VK 30.02 (D)

The Comet is arguably the best tier 7 tech-tree medium along with the T20. The T20 has an alpha advantage with a beastly gold round, but the DPM difference is huge (2,250 vs 1,600 per tanks.gg).

I don't think there are threads raving about those 9 other tanks anywhere to be found in these forums. ;)

The fact of the matter is that tier 7 and 8 mediums are under-powered in general.

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

The turret got nerfed really hard a while back, but you still have decent mobility, best-in-class DPM and godly gun depression.

1. A-44
  2. T-34/100
  3. KV-13
  4. Leo
  5. Panther
  6. T-34-1
  7. T-43
  8. T20
  9. Type 5 Chi-Ri
  10. VK 30.02 (D)

The Comet is arguably the best tier 7 tech-tree medium along with the T20. The T20 has an alpha advantage with a beastly gold round, but the DPM difference is huge (2,250 vs 1,600 per tanks.gg).

I don't think there are threads raving about those 9 other tanks anywhere to be found in these forums. ;)

The fact of the matter is that tier 7 and 8 mediums are under-powered in general.

I've played the Panther, T-43, KV-13, T20 and would take all of those ahead of the Comet without a second thought. Yes, the mobility is nice and so is the gun depression. However, I simply cannot stand the almost non-existent alpha, pen, and gun handling. It's laughably underwhelming.

5 hours ago, monjardin said:

1. A-44
  2. T-34/100
  3. KV-13
  4. Leo
  5. Panther
  6. T-34-1
  7. T-43
  8. T20
  9. Type 5 Chi-Ri
  10. VK 30.02 (D)

2nd best in a cancer class/tier is stil shite. It is better than all of those tanks, Leo is about the same if you take a very usable 75 mm pew-pew, or situationally stronger/weaker with 10 cm. 34-1 is not a bad one, but module dmg+its turret armor is not good any more with pen creep. The rest of those are some of the worst tanks in game. A-44 is actually the best tier 7 med simply because you have no boring games, despite being hit-or miss (literally). You either rape ppl or die horribly trying (mostly nicely grilled from frontal engine fires).

Tier 7 meds are so bad compared to great heavies in tier (KV-3, T29, Tiger...), and with the new mm of lights you can take T71 (both versions, though DA is arguably much more powerful) and plenty of others, and you have a better med in every way. Heck, lights do not even have weaker guns than same tier meds (with the sole exception of T20), sometimes they have even more pen and alpha, with worse DPM.

Basically, only T20 has some merit due to armorcreep. But bad bloom+dpm mean that you take plenty of dmg back even from lower tiers now that camo-sniping is a dying sport. hell, Crommie can rape you if he comes up close...

If you like mid tiers, simply buy type 64 for peanuts on discount (another light that is better than same tier meds, with crommie, VK P and 34-85 still having firepowah advantage if nothing else).

Remember the old Wot saying "team with the more comets lose"?

It was there even without the corridor meta. I would rather have a Tiger in my team on ANY map, including Prokh. So often I die in some shit half way in a losing game and later I see that Tiger/KV-3/T-29 had made 2.5 k dmg and won the game for me...had jet to see a comet do this more than a few times in 13 k battles.

Tier 7 is a sweet spot for lights now. You can drive tanks that saw tier X a while back, and now you are forever out of that cancer gameplay. You sometimes rape tier 5 as top tier, and you are top tier a LOT. In tier 8 you can still farm dmg from flanks. just skip tier 7&8 meds with free exp. Or buy a pancake.

I do not remember that saying about the Comet. However,  it probably had more to do with how it was weighted as a heavy tank by MM. 3 Comets vs 3 T29’s is a BS matchup for many reasons if not for HP alone. 

On 1/23/2018 at 10:51 PM, monjardin said:

I do not remember that saying about the Comet. However,  it probably had more to do with how it was weighted as a heavy tank by MM. 3 Comets vs 3 T29’s is a BS matchup for many reasons if not for HP alone. 

Right here. And since 2 Comets vs one heavy and one TD literally lose on every single map...

it is still weighted the same, man. It is now even more shit. pew-pew+ no turret armor+ death of vision, but also flattening of maps, and some maps with big hills are deleted...(Northwest/South coast had some crazy spots where you could literally shoot ppls turret roofs from a higher corridor).

Almost finished grinding this. There are a bunch of tier 7s I play/have played for fun. This isn't one of them. The meh child of a Cromwell and Strv 74 a whole tier higher. A tier 6.5 at best.