CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

2,583 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Nkrlz said:

Wait, you actually NEED to do the arty missions now?

Nah, the order mechanic replaces the commendation mechanic (with many extra benefits) but ultimately you have to play exactly as many lines as you had to play pre-9.20.1 to get a PM reward tank... (that being all 5 OR finish 4 with honours)

I swear to fucking god, MM is so rigged against me that almost each and every session I get at least once the following absolute-shit-cancer maps:

Sacred Valley, Tundra, Windstorm, Arctic Region, Stalingrad.

Especially in my paper tanks that can't brawl for shit. Meanwhile, the very moment I hop in a proper HT, I get Malinovka or Prokhorovka.

That point aside though... it's already been months since I've been stuck at TD-8 for Obj. 260. My main tanks for this are the FlatPzIV, Dicker Max, Rhm. Borsig & JP2 (although the latter 2 on a much rarer basis due to broken tier 8 MM), to no avail (I've also tried farming damage in the 268 or the new Foch in Grand Battles, but I'm simply not good enough).

May I please get some pointers on some red-line chai sniping locations that are actually useful for farming damage on these god-awful maps?

Go figure, I'm much more at home on Prokh/Fiery Salient where I can actually maneuver and spot shit for myself at a safe distance...

1 hour ago, Fedaykin89 said:

I swear to fucking god, MM is so rigged against me that almost each and every session I get at least once the following absolute-shit-cancer maps:

Sacred Valley, Tundra, Windstorm, Arctic Region, Stalingrad.

Especially in my paper tanks that can't brawl for shit. Meanwhile, the very moment I hop in a proper HT, I get Malinovka or Prokhorovka.

That point aside though... it's already been months since I've been stuck at TD-8 for Obj. 260. My main tanks for this are the FlatPzIV, Dicker Max, Rhm. Borsig & JP2 (although the latter 2 on a much rarer basis due to broken tier 8 MM), to no avail (I've also tried farming damage in the 268 or the new Foch in Grand Battles, but I'm simply not good enough).

May I please get some pointers on some red-line chai sniping locations that are actually useful for farming damage on these god-awful maps?

Go figure, I'm much more at home on Prokh/Fiery Salient where I can actually maneuver and spot shit for myself at a safe distance...

TD-8 is the 5x HP mission. To do this mission, you need a tank with low HP for tier and enough mobility to get and chase clean-up damage. So let's break it down further--

Tier 6 -- usually about 550-650 HP, so you need 2700-3200 HP or so. The best tank at this tier for this mission is still the Hellcat. 570 HP (target is 2850), with a turret, mobility, camo, and a solid APCR round. This is the tank I did the mission in. The SU-100 has stealth and alpha, but lacks mobility and a turret-- I got close in it several times. 

At tier 7, you jump to 800+ HP so you're now looking at hitting 4-4.5K dmg. Still achievable, but a bit harder. The 122-44 and E-25 are the best shots, but 4K with the alpha and ammo capacity of the E-25 is a lot of work. It also doesn't see tier 9s.

At tier 8 you're now looking at breaking 5-6K... and unless the enemy comes to you, a Roomba finds it hard to chase damage. I mean, I've broken 6K in a Roomba before, and I've done that in a JP2... I'd say its harder than in tier 6 but easier than tier 7. I think the Skorp G is probably the most likely to hit this mark (target of 5750). The UDES only needs 5K but things would have to align just right for that to happen.

At tier 9 you need a minimum of 7,500 and up to 11,000, and at tier 10 you're pretty much looking at 10K+. Again, not easy.

So in short: get the Hellcat. 

I did it in Strv S1. The tank has only 1000 hp. UDES has the same, right?

@sr360 Thanks a bunch! Though I really hope to avoid having to rebuy the Hellcat AGAIN (last year I bought it for a 3-man Tier 6 contest organized at my workplace), as it's also one of my most played tanks (because free2play with no tier 8 premiums in my garage back in the day meant lots of Tier 6 credit grinding) and one of the reason people still call me a statpadder :P

Too bad, too, since I managed to score 3k dmg in the FlatPz on the Berlin map, out of all places, but I died/lost the game so no hodors. Was really hoping that either its DPM or the D. Max 300 bomb shells + 400m base view range OPOPOP would get me through, but yeah, neither of those have the required flexibility.

Challenger with the 32lber can do it now. 2700 dpm on a 900 hp platform means 4500 is within the realm of reasonable probability. But the M18 is much easier, or any tier 6 TD really. 

I'd argue UDES is as good as anything. While it does need the right conditions to farm 5k, it gets those conditions fairly often. In the 50 games I played it on this account I broke 5k a number of times and broke 6k at least twice. The combination of pen+accuracy+super camo+speed to relocate makes it effective on more maps than you might think.

I did TD-8.4 in the Dicker Max. The SU-100 isn’t a bad choice either.