CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

2,593 posts in this topic

This seems too stupid to make sense.  That is, does it make sense to attempt these missions?  Is it going to be fun, or just a pain in the rear?

My perspective is this:  Incorporate them into your standard play.  Failing that, don't go nuts chasing them.  Most seem like the thing that would happen to me fairly regularly when playing that tank class.  Others are things that aren't going to happen just because I try to make them happen.  They'll require the right situation.  Be mindful of what mission is available to whatever tank you're choosing to play at the moment, and then be on the lookout for that opportunity.  If the opportunity does not present itself...  you still logged a game in whatever tank you want to play.

Individual Missiosn: An Exercise in Frustration

Honestly WG, just let me buy the fucking T28C rather.

I object in every fucking way to the "Spot 2 tanks before you get spotted" mission, not only because I am now remembering how fucking stupid the spotting system is, also because it basically promotes bush camping.

I've played like 10 matches now trying to get it, and I have failed.

These missions are cancer to the max.

Edit: I just had a match where I spotted 3 tanks within maybe 20 seconds and wasn't lit. Died later after cancer clicked, but didn't get the mission. Like can I have a detailed outline of what the fuck I am supposed to do?

Wg seems to be incapable of coherent thought.

Got it on the first try... zoomed up to the middle bush on Hidden Village and lit up ~5 tanks. To get it you need to get the spotter? symbol in the post game stats. If another scout on your team yolos and does not get first spots then you do not get rewarded.

IMHO think of this missions in the context of the existing game mechanics. KISS principle here. Does it make more sense that WG made a whole new set of rules in game or are we seeing translation fails. The later is more likely.

My perspective is this:  Incorporate them into your standard play.  Failing that, don't go nuts chasing them.

This.  There's no time limit on them.  I'll select the missions and they'll happen as they happen.  If I try to chase these, I'll just end up frustrated as hell.

How many pictures can a post hold? thinking of doing major expansion tonight when i wake up.

Wait.  You're asleep right now?   This explains so much...

I have less of a problem with how dumb the goals are, and much more of a problem when I can't puzzle out what exactly I'm expected to do.

My perspective is this:  Incorporate them into your standard play.  Failing that, don't go nuts chasing them.  Most seem like the thing that would happen to me fairly regularly when playing that tank class.  Others are things that aren't going to happen just because I try to make them happen.  They'll require the right situation.  Be mindful of what mission is available to whatever tank you're choosing to play at the moment, and then be on the lookout for that opportunity.  If the opportunity does not present itself...  you still logged a game in whatever tank you want to play.

This is pretty much the only way to remain sane. I've seen so many players rage about missions all night for no good reason. Just play your game as usual and keep missions going for all classes and let it take its time. There is literally no need to rush this at all. The Object 260 is the only tank that seems to be good anyway, and that will take a shitload of time even if you grind madly for it. 

I object in every fucking way to the "Spot 2 tanks before you get spotted" mission, not only because I am now remembering how fucking stupid the spotting system is, also because it basically promotes bush camping.

I've played like 10 matches now trying to get it, and I have failed.

These missions are cancer to the max.

Edit: I just had a match where I spotted 3 tanks within maybe 20 seconds and wasn't lit. Died later after cancer clicked, but didn't get the mission. Like can I have a detailed outline of what the fuck I am supposed to do?

Wg seems to be incapable of coherent thought.

This was fucking annoying as a mission. I had great fun doing it but the number of times we lit shit up and then randomly had the game say "NO LEL U WERE SPOTTED BY SOMETHING" was frustrating.

EDIT: The other problem is, of course, that pubbies trying to do the mission are REALLY REALLY BAD AT DOING THE MISSION. 

I agree with those that have suggested that activating the missions and then playing normally is the main way to go unless you're desperate to finish the missions as fast as possible (the reward on NA for being on the fastest to finish the Stug missions is a premium tank of your choice, including the Type 59).

That said, I can see a lot of the pubbies out there desperately doing all and sundry in order to finish as quickly as possible. In that sense, has this had a noticable effect on tank selection and the quality of play on the servers? Is there now an abundance of light tanks/arty? Are people going full derp and/or suiciding randomly in an attempt to finish a mission or to quit as soon as possible because they know they can't complete it? I'm worried that instead of teaching some decent mechanics and improving the quality of play, that things will get even more chaotic and insane.

I can verify that getting countered in arty does NOT count as being detected. Also, I still fucking hate arty, and my stats are officially being trashed worse than they did for the 111 mission...

I agree with those that have suggested that activating the missions and then playing normally is the main way to go unless you're desperate to finish the missions as fast as possible (the reward on NA for being on the fastest to finish the Stug missions is a premium tank of your choice, including the Type 59).

That said, I can see a lot of the pubbies out there desperately doing all and sundry in order to finish as quickly as possible. In that sense, has this had a noticable effect on tank selection and the quality of play on the servers? Is there now an abundance of light tanks/arty? Are people going full derp and/or suiciding randomly in an attempt to finish a mission or to quit as soon as possible because they know they can't complete it? I'm worried that instead of teaching some decent mechanics and improving the quality of play, that things will get even more chaotic and insane.

Yes, there was a massive abundance of arty and lights of all shapes and sizes when I played earlier. The gameplay has gone downhill instantly.

* I had a object 907 yolo to his death trying to kill my light tank.

* I had a tier 10 arty only fire at my light tank for an entire match. He finally got me 10 minutes in. That's 10 minutes of not shooting heavies and tds in key positions.

* It gets worse at low tiers. YOLO to the extreme. People are also openly asking for collaboration with the red team and raging when you "steal their mission kill."

* Early spotting is difficult because there are so many suiscouts. I mean, like 5 lights rushing to their deaths on high tier games.

Its an absolute mess right now - too many people are mindlessly running around chasing the missions and forgetting how to actually win the game.  Tactics are out the window - I think I had one game out of 12 this evening where both teams seemed like they were playing to win.  You can't even try to support a lemming train to maybe influence for a win, as there is no rhyme or reason to what people are doing.

I'm done for the night - after 10-12 battles its just too much of a crapshoot.

It's a real shitfest out there, but what I find best is to activate missions for all 5 lines, and alternate through the vehicles. It gives you variety, mission-clearing speed, and it is easier on your nerves to try and complete 5 missions than focus on 1 hard one.

Against my better judgment, went back out for some more after the kids were asleep.  :smallsmile:  The mayhem did get a little bit better, or maybe I just concentrated a little more on that mindset of 1v29 and had more success...

I also ended up starting missions in all of the categories (minus arty) like you guys suggested, and then forgetting about them as I rotate around tanks I enjoy.

Yes, there was a massive abundance of arty and lights of all shapes and sizes when I played earlier. The gameplay has gone downhill instantly.

* I had a object 907 yolo to his death trying to kill my light tank.

* I had a tier 10 arty only fire at my light tank for an entire match. He finally got me 10 minutes in. That's 10 minutes of not shooting heavies and tds in key positions.

* It gets worse at low tiers. YOLO to the extreme. People are also openly asking for collaboration with the red team and raging when you "steal their mission kill."

* Early spotting is difficult because there are so many suiscouts. I mean, like 5 lights rushing to their deaths on high tier games.

Yeah, so I got on for a couple of hours a little earlier and it's a complete mess. I think every single game I played had either 3-4 lights per team and/or 3-4 arty per team. It was horrendous, not helped by the fact that half of my games were full potato on my part. :/

Well, I finished my grind to the Cent 7/1 to buy it while it's still on discount, so I might give WOT a break for a while until it settles down. I think a lot of pubbies also didn't realise that you don't have to do the light tank missions first, but because they appear first on the default mission list, they automatically click on them first. For what it's worth, I managed to complete the first 5 medium tank missions while finishing my grind, half of them with the second requirement, without focusing on them at all. In fact, I may have finished more but I forgot to activate a new mission for about 5 battles. RIP.

So, after literally playing about nothing but my SU 122-44 for the night, finished 1-9 with all bonuses, and I'm stuck at mission 10. Holy crap, I've never had more difficulty getting 1,000 damage. I got stuck on it for like 6-7 games and just quit because of how difficult it was. I think it was combination of bad maps, RNG, and frankly, the poor explanation of the mission. I don't know if you can't be spotted until you get 1,000 damage, wether damage while unspotted only counts, or if I have to be unspotted the entire match.

As Foch found out yesterday, for all the "remain unspotted" missions, you only need to be not spotted while you deal the damage, you can get spotted afterwards all you want.

Updating mission list, I intend this to be a very long term project, and will probably need help in determining mechanics of certain time consuming missions.

Since I honestly don't care about the Stug IV and already own a Type 59 I am super relaxed concerning the missions. Did not play focusing on them at all and It's amazing.

We ran a triple platoon yesterday and have been repeating every mission we did not get the secondary objective in ( the money seems like the true reward here tbh). So much fun shooting noob scouts trying to spot. Medium mayhem ftw.

Carbon. I've done the first 10 LT mission and the first 10 med missions. And the first 5 heavy missions last night.

You asked about the LT-10 mission. You just have to light up the enemy and let your team mates hit them for 1000hp or whatever it is. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you are spotted or not as long as you are the one keeping them lit. And you get the 1000 hp or more in the "damage caused due to players assistance" section....

Believe it or not it I found the LT-8 mission very hard to complete! And all you have to do is cap! I think the language barrier+total shitlord infestation are the cause of that over here. I got to end game 6-7 times and was pleading for teammates to let me cap but they just ignore you and kill the enemy. Took me about 10 goes to get it. I finally ended up with a few competent players who let the enemy arty alive so I could cap out and complete! A big thank you to those guys whoever you are for doing that btw!

I completed the first 10 LT missions in my T71 as it's the only decent light tank I have.

I found the Med missions farly easy so far using the T-34-85.

P.S ohh I completed the 25 missions in 58 battles,but I'm Shit so I'm sure better players will find it easier.

Some questions regarding the Crew.

I do get one crewmember after finishing all 15 Missions for example for the Mediums for the STUG?

Can i see what mission line will reward me with a commander?

This crewmember do have the special perk sisterhood of steel. If i retrain them, do they lose this ability or can i retrain it?

Anyone any infos?

Maybe it's interesting to make a topic for each vehicle class? I imagine these missions will take a long time, resulting in a lot of questions/advice/answers which means searching through this topic would take a lot of time to find out if a specific question has been answered before.

Sort of like this

Maybe it's interesting to make a topic for each vehicle class? I imagine these missions will take a long time, resulting in a lot of questions/advice/answers which means searching through this topic would take a lot of time to find out if a specific question has been answered before.

Sort of like this

Ill be adding tips/Tank recommendation/specific mechanics to each missions under the main topic.

Like i said, it will be a very long-term project, likely over a period of a month of two.