cullenscout1970

T-44 undervalued

92 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, hall0 said:

OK bought it back to start my 430U grind. It got a new engine since the last time I played it. My question now. Is the third engine worth it or can I skip it and safe some XP? 

I think it depends a lot on if you want to keep it afterwards or no. But I would upgrade the engine anyway bc it's a big difference (140 horse power difference to be exact). I usually don't upgrade engine first or in rare cases at all if the difference is like 20 HP or so, but then, every bit can count in certain situations, and 140 HP is a lot to miss imho.

Also, the T-44 plays really nice and I have fun with it even in tier X, so grinding it little extra longer wouldn't be any problem for me. 

Maybe you want to rush to the 430U this month bc of the top-of-the-tree event so you want to skip engine. Well.. It's up to you. I'm currently grinding as well, but since you need a lot of XP from tier IX to X, I will just buy the tier IX this month and not stress it to rush to tier X. For me the T-44 is one of the last fun tier VIII med, so I'm keeping mine definitely. Also, it gives nice WN8 numbers even on mediocre games.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:20 AM, MatzerMike said:

Maybe you want to rush to the 430U this month bc of the top-of-the-tree event so you want to skip engine. Well.. It's up to you. I'm currently grinding as well, but since you need a lot of XP from tier IX to X, I will just buy the tier IX this month and not stress it to rush to tier X. For me the T-44 is one of the last fun tier VIII med, so I'm keeping mine definitely. Also, it gives nice WN8 numbers even on mediocre games.

Is there a 430U on-track coming soon?  I don't see one on the NA cal.  (edit) or is there another tiers 8-10 mass discount coming?  B/c that would be pretty awesome.

On 12. 3. 2018 at 2:24 PM, Tanager said:

Is there a 430U on-track coming soon?  I don't see one on the NA cal.  (edit) or is there another tiers 8-10 mass discount coming?  B/c that would be pretty awesome.

We have it on EU righ now (top of the tree).

So I just re-bought this thing because it's on sale due to Obj 140 On Track. This tank has supposedly undergone some buffing but why the fuck does it still feel like a turd? The gun especially. It's incredibly atrocious, like it's infected with some kind of RNG virus.

2 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

So I just re-bought this thing because it's on sale due to Obj 140 On Track. This tank has supposedly undergone some buffing but why the fuck does it still feel like a turd? The gun especially. It's incredibly atrocious, like it's infected with some kind of RNG virus.

You're just unlucky. Seriously

13 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You're just unlucky. Seriously

Just how unlucky can one be? I'm at a point of ripping my hair out because of how bad the gun is constantly trolling me.

You are using the lb1 aren't you at least? Having played the 44100 a fair amount the gun is really nice nowadays but granted that gets very slightly better handling (.12 vs.13 from memory). The difference shouldn't be enough to make it that bad. 

The only real issue with the t44 is that it sees tier 10s.  Decent APCR will bail you out against tier 9s, and it's a great bully when top tier.  I don't find the gun handling to be that trollish at all.  But I may not be good enough to notice the difference...

On 7/26/2018 at 3:08 PM, Ezz said:

You are using the lb1 aren't you at least? Having played the 44100 a fair amount the gun is really nice nowadays but granted that gets very slightly better handling (.12 vs.13 from memory). The difference shouldn't be enough to make it that bad. 

I don't remember the exact model but it's the top 100mm gun. Some games it feels good and others it just one troll shot after another.

@DirtyACE7 I recently ground this tank and loved the combination of gun handling and speed. I’m with hazzgar: some seriously shit RNG has come your way. What you’re describing sounds like my experience with the Pershing.

This tank is another glaring example of the shitness of trying to buff tanks so they can compete in almost constant +2 MM though. It’s still shitty against  tier 9 and 10. 430 or 430U gets a hard-on for you you are fucked. But on the odd occasion when you’re top tier the T-44 is stupidly OP. 

T-44 with a large amount of gold rounds can still be effective in tier 10 games. What really makes me sad is the base VR isn't 400m :(

I just don't know what to say anymore about this tank. It's simply cursed for me. I'm having some really good games lately (started shooting APCR exclusively) in it but cannot win at all. Played 13 matches this morning. Lost 10 while being the top player by damage by a big margin, even in tier 10 games. Just game after game of being in teams where at least 1/3 of the team does 0 damage, even in top tier tanks. Makes me just want to scream and punch something. My win rate is just constantly staying at 52% in this thing even though I can do 60%+ in all other tier 8 tanks.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

I just don't know what to say anymore about this tank. It's simply cursed for me. I'm having some really good games lately (started shooting APCR exclusively) in it but cannot win at all. Played 13 matches this morning. Lost 10 while being the top player by damage by a big margin, even in tier 10 games. Just game after game of being in teams where at least 1/3 of the team does 0 damage, even in top tier tanks. Makes me just want to scream and punch something. My win rate is just constantly staying at 52% in this thing even though I can do 60%+ in all other tier 8 tanks.

Oh please, cry me a river:

MbInlxg.png

...and I don't think I'm totally blowing chunks in this thing, but whatever I'm doing is clearly insufficient.

2 hours ago, Tanager said:

Oh please, cry me a river:

MbInlxg.png

...and I don't think I'm totally blowing chunks in this thing, but whatever I'm doing is clearly insufficient.

Hmm... it appears you got me there. I honestly do not know what to say because that’s not how I’ve felt when playing this tank and my overall win rate in it has gone up only by 1% (to 53%) since I’ve started grinding the Obj 430. Sorry, Tanager, I know it’s not helping your cause but thanks for giving me a dose of perspective. You have humbled me sir.

57 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Hmm... it appears you got me there. I honestly do not know what to say because that’s not how I’ve felt when playing this tank and my overall win rate in it has gone up only by 1% (to 53%) since I’ve started grinding the Obj 430. Sorry, Tanager, I know it’s not helping your cause but thanks for giving me a dose of perspective. You have humbled me sir.

Yes, be humbled by my 36% WR this month!  Bow down before my unsurpassable suckery!

At least I went 4-1 in my last 5 games to unlock the 430...

16 minutes ago, Tanager said:

Yes, be humbled by my 36% WR this month!  Bow down before my unsurpassable suckery!

At least I went 4-1 in my last 5 games to unlock the 430...

LOL. No I meant it. I think I was getting a bit too whiny for my own good.