Intumesce

T-54 ltwt. Fanclub

207 posts in this topic

Cheers to Soviet Bias, cheers to the little brother of the most mass produced tank of all time

Seriously though, here's a thread to my new little favorite tank

And it's getting buffed in 9.6, haven't tested it yet personally, tho. Will do it today. :)

It's already one of the better tier 8 lights, these buffs will only make it even better

Is the turret workable ? If not, on paper I don't reallys see why I should play this in place of the Ru251. Plus LTTB is a blast ^^"

It's workable in the "do you feel lucky?" way, both for you and the enemy

No, it won't hold up versus gold or 260+ pen guns, but it discourages the enemy from shooting at you since it's ~200mm effective or so and can be even better if RNG is thrown into the calculation

I won't recommend going hull down versus tier 9 tanks and above, but if you wanna minimize exposure it will help a lot

Also the hull armor is amazing for random bounces and for telling light tanks to screw themselves

There is no pleasure like bouncing an STB-1 twice when my hull is so angled he could easily track me, but insists on aiming on the front hull

Honestly the only interest I have in this tank is as a stronghold-only pocket medium. It seems to be competitive if not outright better than the T8 meds for stronkholding purposes. 

But it really doesn't seem that great in pub matches. I imagine the camo is nice, which makes it a reasonable spotter. The gun seems... right about average, unless I'm missing something. Is there some magic "This is why the T54 LWT is awesome" thing that I'm missing?

It's got a better gun than the WZ-132, it's got armor on par with the T-44, it's got plenty of health

The RU 251 might be a better purebred light tank, but when it comes down to preference I'll pick the T-54 light most days

I kinda dislike the weak dpm and bad scouting ability compared to my WZ, but this might very well change in 9.6

Might play it more after the next patch.

I need like 20k more exp before I unlock it. Buffs will only motivate me more. I'm hating the LTTB.

Honestly the only interest I have in this tank is as a stronghold-only pocket medium. It seems to be competitive if not outright better than the T8 meds for stronkholding purposes. 

But it really doesn't seem that great in pub matches. I imagine the camo is nice, which makes it a reasonable spotter. The gun seems... right about average, unless I'm missing something. Is there some magic "This is why the T54 LWT is awesome" thing that I'm missing?

Precisely how I feel about it, I like it for SH as a scout which can position as a medium when the brawls happen. I do not really like it in pubs, not enough firepower to leverage, not enough armor to matter outside BT9. 

I kinda wish it had more ammo, or was slightly smaller. The WZ-132 spoiled me! However the T-54LT outclasses the WZ-132 in every way that matters for SH play, it just as quick, has better armor for scout duels. The 100m guns on both are basically the same, and the 85mm on the 132 takes too long to build up that dmg and has HEAT for the prem. I really do like the 132 though, perhaps in the next patch its minor buffs will bring it back to competitiveness, but I doubt it. The RU is the best standard fire LT, the T-54LT will still be 2nd, with 132 coming in 3rd. 

+ Low profile (fits in lots of different types of bushes easily)

+ Very good firing on the move

+ Front armor + turret make it capable of beating down T49 derps

+ Turret is very, very troll (can generate lots of unexpected bounces)

+ T54-grade "magic tracks"; they eat shots just like the real thing!

- Drifts like a rally car; can make it hard to evade/circle enemies

- Not as fast as RU straight line

- Less DPM than RU

+- -5 depression is workable

+- 175/235 pen is acceptable

+- speed is good, accelerates well

The RU is 'better', but the T54L is very comfortable skirmishing and on the move.  The accuracy on paper sucks, but I've never had a problem with it.  The shell speed is 10-15% faster than the RU, which really helps at range and while on the move.

I've been doing pretty much all the spotting missions in it because it can bush-hump very well and has a chance to survive if it gets spotted.  It's REALLY fun in t8 strongholds because it can transition from light to medium effortlessly.

Oh, and it's getting buffs!:

• HP +50 (to 1250)
  • .2 off all terrain resistance
  • .5 second faster reload
  • .1 faster aimtime
  • .4 better dispersion on turret rotation

These changes make it MUCH closer to the RU in aiming/DPM and buff it's already pretty decent on-the-move capabilities.

I shall get myself one after the buff then, gonna try it on test if I get a chance.

This is one of the only light tanks I cant just hover my T8/9/10's gun over and expect a pen without aiming. I hate it for that. It'll be pretty good after the buff - I personally think the RU 251's terrible armor is more of an issue than people think, and the T-54 LT's gun handling will be better than the RU's in almost every circumstance. Very helpful. RU has that nice gun depression and top speed, tho.

oh man, it's getting buffed?

Fuck yeah.

Honestly, it feels like a T-44 with better mobility and shittier mm atm, but I haven't gotten that many games in it yet.

They were our stock medium in tier 8 clan wars, as the real mediums were just too slow, and the other lights were just too soft.

It's the goldilocks tank (for tier 8 restricted play).

Time to grind T54 LT. I was keen on getting T62a, I just need to switch lines.

I've only ever played it in strongholds.  maybe I'll try it in pubs after the patch.

Once winter mode is over I need to get back to playing this, really wanna ace it and brace myself for the buff

Planning on grinding to this once the winter mode is over so i have a crew for LTTB to start out with.

How's the gun handling on the 100mm? Is it tier 10 med (T-62A/E-50M) good, Pershing good, above average or "eh"?

Currently it's 0.12 dispersion on both the turret and the tracks and I'm not having any problems with the dispersion

0.9.6 will buff it to 0.08, which is actually better than the E 50 M and T-62A (you heard me: BETTER) plus the aim time buff, making it on par with if not better than the RU 251's gun

Planning on grinding to this once the winter mode is over so i have a crew for LTTB to start out with.

How's the gun handling on the 100mm? Is it tier 10 med (T-62A/E-50M) good, Pershing good, above average or "eh"?

First of all it\s kinda like a med/light. Good turret armor but don't rely on it. Peekaboom with the turret. The gun handling is okay. 

wants to toon those things sometime?

Those skills are awful. At the very least retrain that single guy with BiA to camo or something.