Intumesce

T-54 ltwt. Fanclub

207 posts in this topic

Those skills are awful. At the very least retrain that single guy with BiA to camo or something.

I actually retrained him after taking that screenshot. I need a better updated screenshot lel. And the vert stab goes well with smooth ride. Come on now I didn't totally fuck up the crew skills. I'm actually not sure if snap shot was a good one to choose. But yeah camo is necessary ofc.

Those skills are awful. At the very least retrain that single guy with BiA to camo or something.

There :P

utk0Nvo.pngI also free exp'd the top engine. This should be more fun now. 

Smooth ride and snapshot are like the most worthless first skills one could have on a light. Had you picked firefighting it would hurt the same.

So crew skill selection still giving me the cancer but whatever man, it's your tank.

It's nice that people keep criticizing me. I was looking at Oneechan's screenshot. He's fucking got snap and smooth ride as his first set of skills:

hVsIs2B.jpg

Give me a reason to play this thing over the T-54 medium in solo pub games. It looks like the same thing except it trades terrifying DPM, good alpha, a lolautopen gold round, and fantastic armor just so it can drive 12 km faster.

Also it's noticeably big compared to the Ru251 and 13 90.

It's nice that people keep criticizing me. I was looking at Oneechan's screenshot. He's fucking got snap and smooth ride as his first set of skills:

hVsIs2B.jpg

Indeed he does.

Im not a T54 lw driver but my guess is that he took full camo at first, Then retrained crew to Sixth Sense / Safe Stowage (the driver/gunner skills are confusing to me though :) ). Thats how I would do it atleast.

With that said, imo only Sixth Sense and Camo makes a big difference. And camo is highly situational so its not always making a difference.

Because I retrained them...?

They were on my 268 prior to this, and because the crew skills weren't exactly the same as on a TD, I retrained them and picked the dispersion ones first so that my 4 camouflages stack into a neat row

Camo should always be your first skill on a LT, MT, or TD, with a few exceptions for tanks that have exceptionally poor camo

Give me a reason to play this thing over the T-54 medium in solo pub games. It looks like the same thing except it trades terrifying DPM, good alpha, a lolautopen gold round, and fantastic armor just so it can drive 12 km faster.

Also it's noticeably big compared to the Ru251 and 13 90.

For the WN8 and/or Individual Missions, the former which is much better than the T-54 and the latter because some missions require a light tank (unless you would rather drive arty than a light)

Also it's a straight upgrade to the WZ-132 and will be competitive with the RU 251 as of next patch

I pick smooth and snap as my first on almost all lights (yes, with zero other skills). Somebody tell me I'm terrible.

Snap shot seems fine to me. A lot of tanks should get it, the turret bloom reduction is much bigger than smooth ride's track bloom reduction, and turret bloom comes into play more often.

Smooth ride... eh. You're getting like 1/2 the benefit, something like 0.005 bloom reduction on the T-54 LT. Would only get it on things with particularly horrid dispersion, which is pretty much only the T49. Camo on the rest.

Camo isn't nearly as important as it used to be. Hitting shots is. On MT's I take repair and snap+smooth over camo. Camo is 3rd or 4th skill material on meds. Lt's it's second or first, but usually second for me. Anything passive is just bad nowadays.

Also, fuck autocorrect (in case I missed any of its blunders)

Do you have a good answer for that Oneechan? For pubbing is there any upsides about the T-54 lw

Pardon? I explained the upsides to the T-54 for solopubbing

What, do you want a "pros and cons" in detail rather than just saying it has better WN8 values and is better than the worst tier 8 light?

When you're driving a T-54, you're taking up a T9 slot on the team. You have to do more work. When you're driving a T-54 LT, you're taking up a T8 light slot. That's an important distinction, you dont have to do as much work in a T8 light because you're guaranteeing another T9 instead of a T8 light ally by driving it instead of the T-54.

Pardon? I explained the upsides to the T-54 for solopubbing

What, do you want a "pros and cons" in detail rather than just saying it has better WN8 values and is better than the worst tier 8 light?

Nah, just had clicked reply and then did some work and came back to finish the post. Then you had already answered :)

When you're driving a T-54, you're taking up a T9 slot on the team. You have to do more work. When you're driving a T-54 LT, you're taking up a T8 light slot. That's an important distinction, you dont have to do as much work in a T8 light because you're guaranteeing another T9 instead of a T8 light ally by driving it instead of the T-54.

Matchmaker seems to treat 8 LT's as if they are tier 9's, as far as I've seen. They usually occupy a tier 9 slot. What you *do* guarantee is that you will have a LT counterpart on the opposing team. All you have to do to have a positive impact is be better than the average pubbie LT driver.

I do rather love this little scout. I actually like it a bit more atm than the RU! For some reason it "clicks" far better with me. 

But what I really wish is that the WZ132 had the same DPM

So I like it, but not for pubs.

-10m base view range is a handicap.

-Low ammo.

-Same gun handling issues as the WZ-132's 100mm.

Looking forward to the buff, though. Even better for strongholds at that point.

I've played several matches in the T54LT and really enjoyed it. The only true negative is the ammo count as mentioned. I've run out of ammo a couple times doing ~5k damage, one match I had to ram an RHM to death because the enemy still had 6 tanks alive. WG needs to buff the ammo count to 45 or so.

Not yet having a t10 Russian med, I heard about the lttb and got that the day is was released, and it was a fun tank. Stupid fast (I was circling medium tanks with thing :0) and when I moved up to the lightweight, I really hated it at first because I never liked the gold spam it required and my general badness when it came to controlling gameplay mechanics such as view etc. this is now easily my favorite tank in my garage, and dealing with a gun that only had 175 and found how useful gold ammo really is, and how to manipulate terrain variances and how to really abuse vision. Now having the t54 and eliting it, it felt like a very easy transition from the light to the real thing, and learning how to use and abuse gold ammo (although now it's heat) and how to abuse vision in a med.

I don't have the ru, but I would easily put this as one of the best lights in the game. (Won't beat an ru in a straight brawl, but any other t8 light it can beat with that little bit of armor, and even some t8 meds.)

I really wish this had the 105 from the 54, but that would be too good sadly. This does have APCR though, correct?

T-54 had a 105mm...?

I've played several matches in the T54LT and really enjoyed it. The only true negative is the ammo count as mentioned. I've run out of ammo a couple times doing ~5k damage, one match I had to ram an RHM to death because the enemy still had 6 tanks alive. WG needs to buff the ammo count to 45 or so.

Buffing it to that would seem logical, since i can't see how a small downsize can result in a severely gimped storage area for shells... (especially with less armor, meaning more room inside)

have one right now, oh god why is the stock engine so trash. Frontal fires galore, and a single 90mm to the side seems to break the thing half the time. Really hoping the top engine isn't as garbage as the stock.