Intumesce

T-54 ltwt. Fanclub

207 posts in this topic

Playing it on Ziddy's account, there are somethings I like about this tank (the T-54 hull/turret are amazing, even without the armour. Great for limiting exposure and getting ricochets), but I have a feeling the gun itself is really going to disappoint me. The accuracy is kinda trashy and the AP and APCR pen are both fairly low. Does handle like a dream, but that doesn't really mean much when you're forced into sniping heavies out with 175 AP/235 APCR. Things are going to get very expensive, very fast.

I dunno the gun caliber : / Its a 100mm though I think, whatever has 320 alpha. 

100mm D-10T2C and D-54 do 320 alpha

100mm LB-1 and D-10T/D-10S do 250

not-derp 105mm guns from tier 7-8 typically do 320 (exceptions: D.max and Sturer emil 105mm doing 300 flat)

Tier 9-10 105mm do ~390.

Also, Russians didn't use the 105mm caliber outside of LL howitzers.

2 questions:

1: Do those who like LTTB also like T54 ltw?

2: Did you keep LTTB?

Im asking because im atm playing LTTB, and its a rly nice tank, so i wont sell it, but if i keep it, i wont have a crew :P

Also, pure based on numbers, LTTB seems a vastly superior tank, faster with a ``better`` gun (the gun is better, except alpha dmg and a tiny bit dpm, but on a lower tier...)

ps: T54 ltw does still seem an interesting tank though, a faster T44 with bad mm, but T44 is very nice, so that should be no problem

2 questions:

Im asking because im atm playing LTTB, and its a rly nice tank, so i wont sell it, but if i keep it, i wont have a crew :P

Also, pure based on numbers, LTTB seems a vastly superior tank, faster with a ``better`` gun (the gun is better, except alpha dmg and a tiny bit dpm, but on a lower tier...)

ps: T54 ltw does still seem an interesting tank though, a faster T44 with bad mm, but T44 is very nice, so that should be no problem

1. LTTB was gud for me, but the t54l was better in every way I felt

2. no

http://www.vbaddict.net/tank/joyrider216-na-f11919024fd438d8d715c4435c1ebaad/ussr-0/t_54_ltwt_-71

here are my stats from when i ground through it earlier.

2 questions:

I did not like the LTTB much, yet I really like the T-54 ltw. The gun is much better, because on the T-54 you can mount a v-stab and the accuracy on the move is already quiet decent to begin with. So not just do you start out with a smaller aim circle, the T-54 can also hit things on the move which was a pain in the ass with the LTTB for me. The other big issue I had with the LTTB was the gun depression. There are so many bushes which the LTTB simply can not shoot from because of the awful gun depression. -3 gun depression is a pain to deal with and the -5 of the T-54 ltw are a huge improvement. Also the LTTB might be fast when driving in a straight line, yet it bleeds a lot of speed when making turns or driving in snake lines. The T-54 ltw is again a huge improvement in this regard and loses very little speed while turning.

It feels very much like a faster T-54 with less armor. Those with experience in the normal T-54 will feel right at home in the ltw. 

And no, I did not keep the LTTB. -3 gun depression and the horrible accuracy on the move made the decision to sell it an easy one.

W00ZYai.jpg

Everything about this tank, I just love it. Aced in 7 games.

All I can say is that it's well worth the LTTB grind(I really hated it) but this tank is an upgrade in pretty much everything. You may think -3 and -5 isn't a big diff, but oh hell it is because first of all the T54 LT is smaller and it has those extra two degrees of gun depression. As said above with the T54 LT you don't bleed nearly as much speed as with the LTTB.

My conclusion: Best t8 light/med ever <3

So are the T54 and clones anything like this tank ? Cause I'm really liking it so far, despite it being stock.

2 questions:

Kept the LTTB. Using, well, the LTTB crew. From the Artic Fox.

lol, 4 games played, 4x tier 10 fight with total dements, already close to ragesell, dafuq...

I fear T54 ltw suffers from the same as RU-251 and Wz-132, tier 10 fights

Wz-131 >>>> Wz-132, and i liked Awefull Panther more as Ru-251, T54 seems so far marginal upgrade (gun is for tier way worse, armor about the same, mobility is different, but it certainly doesnt have the stupid acceleration of the LTTB)

ps: crew is not yet 100% and i also need to the tracks, but a t7 who gets 80% of the games matched against tier 8 tanks is way better as a t8 who sees tier 10 50% of the time, because thats what i fear is gonna happen... (Ru and R49 also have shit mm)

I've hard these tanks are utilized a fair amount in league play at high levels, this true? The Ru-251 seems to have amazing dps and the 1390 burst damage as well its camo seems to be the more power lights at tier 8. Although I have frustratingly bounced way more shots than I would like to admit on a 54 lightweight in games while playing lights.

I've hard these tanks are utilized a fair amount in league play at high levels, this true? The Ru-251 seems to have amazing dps and the 1390 burst damage as well its camo seems to be the more power lights at tier 8. Although I have frustratingly bounced way more shots than I would like to admit on a 54 lightweight in games while playing lights.

T54LW is pretty much the LT to bring if you want an all rounder these days, ever since 9.6 changes.

RU is brought when you really need the depression

13 90 is brought when you really need the clip. You don't want too many 13 90s though, because on average you will need to land all 6 shots to kill a T54LW. You can kill with 5 high rolls, but it's kind of rare. 5x240 = 1200, and T54LWs have 1250 hp.

after playing it some more, no, T54 ltw is for me not better as LTTB.

infact, tier for tier, LTTB is vastly better, and the difference is a combination of mobility, LTTB is simply much faster, 0.7 / 0.9 vs 0.9 / 1.0 passibility, same tuning speed, but 23 or 31 hp / ton, its like a rocket on tracks (its not T-50-2 like, but it comes as close as it can get i guess)

and ofc the gun, LTTB has a better gun, i mean:

0,38 vs 0,36 acc

2,2 vs 2,1 aim time

2250 vs 2293 dpm

900 vs 1050 m/s shell speed

250 vs 180 alpa

175 vs 170 pen

if T54 ltw would have both guns available, i would probably pick the 85mm, light tanks need enough rof to spam, and enough alpha to hurt a but, LTTB is the perfect bland, T54 ltw reloads too slow, same 170 pen on t7 light is good enough to pen all t7 front, t8/9 side and with gold t8 front, 175 is too weak for t8 front and t10 side, while the gold wont be able to pen t9 front, so penetration wise T54 ltw also looses it out

Armor is the same i guess (for tier) same for hp, LTTB has equal viewrange, but i guess worse camo, but on a tier with on average worse viewrange, so that should cancel out.

TL:DR: LTTB has excellent mobility and great gun, T54 ltw gains gun depression, but at the cost of both firepower and mobility, its tier for tier a downgrade imo

ps: gonna try it out a bit more next days, but so far its a big fat sell, so i can put the crew back in the LTTB

I'm currently on the LTTB, I really hope the 54lw is not worse. I hate how clumsy the LTTB feels, and all the things it's good at (super fast and decent armour) rarely actually matter because all light tanks go fast enough to do basically everything + almost every gun you fight goes through LTTB like it was butter. I was hoping the combination of more gun depression, way better gun handling, stronk modules, and some turret armour would make it better at staying alive.

lol, 4 games played, 4x tier 10 fight with total dements, already close to ragesell, dafuq...

I fear T54 ltw suffers from the same as RU-251 and Wz-132, tier 10 fights

All tier 8 lights have that problem in randoms. And to be honest, I don't enjoy playing it that much in randoms because tier 9 mediums are simply superior. It's stronghold and team battles where the real fun is with this tank. When top tier it's basically a very fast medium that is on it's tier comparable to the T-55 you can get from the missions (that one does not have reliable hull armor either).

This is basically the tank for those that like Russian high tier mediums and always wished they could play one in team battles or tier 8 skirmishes.

I'm currently on the LTTB, I really hope the 54lw is not worse. I hate how clumsy the LTTB feels, and all the things it's good at (super fast and decent armour) rarely actually matter because all light tanks go fast enough to do basically everything + almost every gun you fight goes through LTTB like it was butter. I was hoping the combination of more gun depression, way better gun handling, stronk modules, and some turret armour would make it better at staying alive.

Unless you're getting shot at by 175 pen guns, the turret is going to bounce just like the LTTB's turret

angles

Thickness is only 180, and i've even had Type 59s fire through the cheek...

That aside, it's great for performing YOLO snapshots:

nB4WLf8.jpg

Replay: https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=103862

Thickness is only 180, but it's still around 200mm effective. Some spots are even thicker. LTTB's turret is not only hard to use, the front is only 90mm, 130mm on the mantlet... I dont think I've ever gotten a bounce.

Thickness is only 180, but it's still around 200mm effective. Some spots are even thicker. LTTB's turret is not only hard to use, the front is only 90mm, 130mm on the mantlet... I dont think I've ever gotten a bounce.

I did... quite a few times.

Never got to hulldown in it because lolno-depression, but i had extreme amounts of fun clubbing <160 pen guns with the frontal armor.

Also makes it pretty decent at city combat, to the point where the tank has higher DPG than my Panther II...

Sold:
'T-54 ltwt.' successfully sold. Received credits:  1.261.280. 

LTTB is tier for tier vastly superior, T54 ltwt simply lacks firepower and raw horsepower / mobility, LTTB is also much cheaper to run, meets far less total shit mm (3 arty, 5 tds, triple IS7 idiot platoons) and LTTB >>>>> T54

Sold:
'T-54 ltwt.' successfully sold. Received credits:  1.261.280. 

LTTB is tier for tier vastly superior, T54 ltwt simply lacks firepower and raw horsepower / mobility, LTTB is also much cheaper to run, meets far less total shit mm (3 arty, 5 tds, triple IS7 idiot platoons) and LTTB >>>>> T54

Agreed, i'm just grinding through the T-54 Light since it's the closest i'm ever going to get to the actual T-54 :(

(until i research it, then gotta speed-grind through that to get T10)

I'm grinding out the MT25 is strenks.

Seems the 54LW is outclassed in pubs, but how is it in strenks?

I personally think the T54 lwt is one of the best light tanks out there for pub play. It is one of the best anti-scout scouts in the game. It has armour that can't be overmatched easily and is HE-resistant. Ramming other lights is also a great trick as it can often damage the enemy scout quite significantly. It has a nice punchy gun that can really dish out the damage. It is basically a super mobile medium and can be played as such.

It is strong in strongholds because it can be both a medium and a light tank, depending on situation.