Allurai

crew_skills How To Crew Yer Tank Right.

99 posts in this topic

I question the efficiency of mentor as well. Assuming you switch mentor for a perk each time and never leave the 100% skill running, the true bonus you get on each crew member is probably around 7.5% throughout the whole period of getting to 100% in the skill. On a crew of four, the averaged bonus for the whole crew (assuming you use accelerated crew training to even out the differences) is only about 5.5%.

Having a commander who is training a skill that provides an effective bonus (repairs, camo, recon) increases your survivability, thus allowing you to deal more damage and in turn receive more XP. I have a few tanks I have mentor on, but on those I think the bonus I'd get from recon or repair doesn't outweigh the bonus I get from mentor.

Edit: Oh, and happy birthday, thread.

I question the efficiency of mentor as well. Assuming you switch mentor for a perk each time and never leave the 100% skill running, the true bonus you get on each crew member is probably around 7.5% throughout the whole period of getting to 100% in the skill. On a crew of four, the averaged bonus for the whole crew (assuming you use accelerated crew training to even out the differences) is only about 5.5%.

Having a commander who is training a skill that provides an effective bonus (repairs, camo, recon) increases your survivability, thus allowing you to deal more damage and in turn receive more XP. I have a few tanks I have mentor on, but on those I think the bonus I'd get from recon or repair doesn't outweigh the bonus I get from mentor.

Edit: Oh, and happy birthday, thread.

Yes, mentor gets switched out once it reaches around 50% into my next skill, so in this case, I picked Recon for my 4th perk, waited till it hit 50% then retrained so my commander looks like this now 

Commander: BiA 100% 6th Sense 100% Recon 100% and Mentor 50%

I wait till I am well into a skill before retraining mainly because I don't feel like wasting gold to retrain unless there is a special like this weekend

Starshiy Serzhant Bogun, IS-3 Loader, is clearly a man in a wig.  Why?

Looks like Sylvester Stallone. 

Vk16.02 leopard, the mini funner one,

Vents, optics and what?

Camo net is useless and binos require sitting still which in a play4fun tonk isn't as fun

are optics the best bet and just sit still?

I'm still torn on my batchat's skills, could use some weigh in.

The former setup I've run:

optics vstab vents

6th camo bia repairs sit (~50%)

snap camo bia dead rep

smooth camo bia offr rep

Since 9.1 hit, for whatever reason (meta shift to more armor, map changes, mental cues vs gun sound change), been annoyed at a few poorly placed clutch shots, so played a bit, and currently running: 

gld vstab vents 

6th cam bia sit recon 

snap cam bia dead rep

smooth camo bia offr rep

The trade-off is:

v1. 482 view - ~0.7 seconds track repair -10 aim/slightly worse autoaim driveby. 

v2. 458 view +~0.7 sec track repair, + aim. 

Can someone give me something I might be missing as to why v1 (or a variant thereof) is more viable, or is there something I'm missing?

Snap Shot works on arty? I have a G. W. Panther working at the 2nd crew skills. Everywhere I looked, people told me Snap Shot is only for turreted tanks, not arty (even though GW Panther has a kind of turret). I think I'll have to reskill the gunner.

Snap Shot works on arty? I have a G. W. Panther working at the 2nd crew skills. Everywhere I looked, people told me Snap Shot is only for turreted tanks, not arty (even though GW Panther has a kind of turret). I think I'll have to reskill the gunner.

Snapshot is really only useful on arty that have wide gun traverse, like the M53/55. On arty that have small gun traverse (ex, Obj 261) you end up having to turn your hull, and the snapshot skill doesn't work  one track/hull traverse movement. That's the same reason why it's not a useful skill for turret-less TD's.

My T-62A crew is on their third skill with camouflage across the deck. Would switching the camo for BIA be better for overall performance? (ie: BIA->something->something instead of something->something->camo)

My T-62A crew is on their third skill with camouflage across the deck. Would switching the camo for BIA be better for overall performance? (ie: BIA->something->something instead of something->something->camo)

No repair? As long as your repair time is longer than enemy RU mediums' reload time, you are in danger!

female crew question incoming. I am to my 5th skill for the e100 so at this point does it really matter what my next skill is? below is my skills list(repairs and bia on everything):

Commander: sixth and recon 

Gunner: snap and deadeye

driver: clutch and PM

radio operator: sit and firefighting

loader #1: intuition and FF

loader #2 SS and adrenaline rush

Thanks in advance :D

• I believe Intuition is additive so you can get that on loader #2? I lied
  • offroad driving for the driver because kek
  • radio operator skills are useless outside of sit and the common skills
  • Commander could get jack of all trades so you can run food over medkit? Dunno if that's worth it since I've yet to get a crew to fourth skill, even
  • Gunner could get Armorer but idk how often the E100 gets a damaged gun
  • Otherwise get firefighting on everything because what the fuck else are you gonna get

I'm just finishing up the third skill on my Rudy crew (going to into the 140 soonish).

FgBFjsg.jpg

So right now I'm thinking the following:

• Commander: Camo or Recon (I think camo is probably more important but I don't know)
  • Gunner: Camo or Deadeye (I've heard deadeye is good, but I don't know what its priority would be vs camo)
  • Driver: Camo or Clutch Braking (Really no idea on this, also open to retraining one of the full skills to clutch braking if skill resets are on sale)
  • Loader: Camo
  • Radio Operator: Controlled Barking (he's staying in the Rudy though :'(

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Commander: Camo or Recon (I think camo is probably more important but I don't know)
  • Gunner: Camo or Deadeye (I've heard deadeye is good, but I don't know what its priority would be vs camo)
  • Driver: Camo or Clutch Braking (Really no idea on this, also open to retraining one of the full skills to clutch braking if skill resets are on sale)
  • Loader: Camo
  • Radio Operator: Controlled Barking (he's staying in the Rudy though :'(

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

With most tanks, it sort of depends on how you're planning to play the 140 and how good you are at it.

-(This is assuming you're trying to get a 4th skill and you're not planning to reset their skills) Personally, I would get the Camo skill for the commander, Eagle Eye for the gunner, Clutch Braking for the driver and Adrenaline Rush for the loader. If you weren't to reset your crew skills, these would be perfect for being aggressive, and that's my kind of play style.

However, if you're planning to be more passive in your play, I'd suggest that you get Camo for all of your crew members and then the respective skills/perks to increase their view ranges afterwards.

Heya, I've just made the IMO best possible order dependent on overall crew % progress for obj 140 for someone in SGTA forums, would you agree with this?

On 140 the best order IMO would be**:

znY7j4l.jpg

*Jack of all trades is used to drive with food instead of med kit, without using food, its not needed, at least not before 5th/6th skill.
** For me personally, I think all the skills you can have on first 4 slots are more beneficial than to rush BIA which gives not that much but occupies 4 slots, earlier I would not get BIA before starting 4th skill, now I'm not getting BIA before starting 5th, BC/30p/50B are like only exceptions.
*** Commander has no repair skill, because its personal preference to have it on all crew members or only on 3 out of 4, both are legit options, I tend myself for full repair crews, but majority of the worlds best players seem to prefer 3x repair and use commander slots for VR.

Btw. anyone knows, how to remove random styles/formatting from the text?

Btw. anyone knows, how to remove random styles/formatting from the text?

Ctrl+shift+V when you paste should do it

After reading this, I feel like that the game is biased against radiomen and loaders. Sure, an larger signal range is good. But let's do the math: The signal range of an single tank can cover between 1/4 to 1/2 of the map with the right radio and positioning. Multiply that by 15 and said bonuses are invalid. As for the loader; yes a stronger ammo rack and a emergency overdrive reload can be useful...when they're triggered. The question is, why can't they come out with something better?

After reading this, I feel like that the game is biased against radiomen and loaders. Sure, an larger signal range is good. But let's do the math: The signal range of an single tank can cover between 1/4 to 1/2 of the map with the right radio and positioning. Multiply that by 15 and said bonuses are invalid. As for the loader; yes a stronger ammo rack and a emergency overdrive reload can be useful...when they're triggered. The question is, why can't they come out with something better?

Honestly I don't mind since on high tier tanks radio men usually get dropped and the commander takes over that duty and the commander has a lot of necessary skills as it is.

How would you crew the British AT -> Tortoise? I normally pick camo for td's but considering I'm generally front line in this thing I picked 6th/repairs/clutch braking first. Any comments? 

What about 2nd?

No repair? As long as your repair time is longer than enemy RU mediums' reload time, you are in danger!

There is no a single tank in the game, which can repair his tracks in under 5.22 seconds. You shall aim for <=7 seconds track repair time as reference instead, so tanks with 6.5-7.5 sec reload time can't keep you perma tracked instead like 50m/m48/stb1*.

*stb1 without vent+bia+food set up.

necro bump and technical Q about the girl crews:

Heard that if you retrain the girl crews you loose out on the double 0 skill buff and it becomes a normal 3x skill crewmember. I didn't see anything either way on google but I didn't push very deep for that matter. A hard answer either way would be appreciated. 

Also: When first setting up a girl crew, do you skill for the annoying but maybe effective perks first, or just drop a normal 3x skill build? just curious. 

It was never double 0 skill @Wanderjar the girls have 0 skill BIA and 1 FULL 100% first skill AFAIK. So yes if you get a girl crew, pick a skill, drop perks/skills -> they drop to 100% SIA 0 skill + xx% 1st skill unless you use gold.

ah ok. thanks for the clarification then. have an up boat

Thank you for this useful information :)

is it just me or is the formatting pure shit on the OP now?