Panzer_Fenris

AMX-30B

250 posts in this topic

Hurray finally we are getting closer to soon with this tank.

I'm sure things like that dpm will go up a good amount. I wonder if they will basically give it the same pen stuffs as the other L7s instead of its monster HEAT pen.

Not HEAT pen listed it seems? The HEAT pen for this gun should be insane compared to the other tier X mediums, something like 400mm+ irl.

The day a medium tank gets 400 mm HEAT pen is the day that WG completely gives up trying to balance tanks.

Meh, Another L7 clone. I hate that gun, so inaccurate and derpy. I'll end up grinding it hard though since I'm a sucker for new tanks.

Lol. Play that gun a non jap tier 10 and come back and tell us it's derpy.

Lol. Play that gun a non jap tier 10 and come back and tell us it's derpy.

The leopard certainly feels derpy, the gun handling is just... eh.

Not HEAT pen listed it seems? The HEAT pen for this gun should be insane compared to the other tier X mediums, something like 400mm+ irl.

Yeah, the OBUS-G round, the charge was stabilized within the shell casing, pretty cool. 

Hahaha you serious?

Pretty much all real life heat pens were much better than the ingame ones. It is called balance. RU251 gun had a pen around 400 in rl. Do you want a scout with such a monsterios penetration? I don't think so.

And Mediums had a better heat pen in the past, but it got nerfed together with almost all other premium shells. They won't give this tank now a even better pen.

So if it won't be getting 400mm HEAT, what exactly is this tank supposed to have going for it other than being an STB-1 with even less armor in exchange for more speed?

So if it won't be getting 400mm HEAT, what exactly is this tank supposed to have going for it other than being an STB-1 with even less armor in exchange for more speed?

As you said. More speed :P

Come on guys it is to soon to speculate how WG will balance this thing. But we can NOT (there hast to be a "not" thx autocorrect for removing it :/) expect a fundamental new tank. It will be like something we already have but slightly different.

And this is why I want the Italian autoloader Leopard. Here you would have at least something different enough.

Maybe decent agility and camo?

I don't know, this trend that all new tanks are non-armored paper tanks starts to get pretty boring. That looks just another version of Leopard/STB/Patton/FV4202 -style tanks. When was last time we got a new tank with some usable armor? I have played about 1.5 years and I don't think there has been many if any during that time. Give us something different for a change. Why no new T10 heavies? What was actually latest T10 heavy, british one I guess? 

I don't know, this trend that all new tanks are non-armored paper tanks starts to get pretty boring. That looks just another version of Leopard/STB/Patton/FV4202 -style tanks. When was last time we got a new tank with some usable armor? I have played about 1.5 years and I don't think there has been many if any during that time. Give us something different for a change. Why no new T10 heavies? What was actually latest T10 heavy, british one I guess? 

IKR other than a few tanks most have paper armor and are very challenging to use in the cqc corridor meta.

The problem is, that most hightier tanks are models which were developed after the WW2 and after the impact of HEAT shells. Designers could not stop HEAT from penetrating even the thickest armor, that's why they removed it, cause it was useless anyway. They focused more on speed to prevent getting hit.

But in a game where you have to tank some shoots thus is just a drawback. WG is trapped in their realism philosophy.

The problem is, that most hightier tanks are models which were developed after the WW2 and after the impact of HEAT shells. Designers could not stop HEAT from penetrating even the thickest armor, that's why they removed it, cause it was useless anyway. They focused more on speed to prevent getting hit.

But in a game where you have to tank some shoots thus is just a drawback. WG is trapped in their realism philosophy.

\

True Heat ruled until the Chobham armours were introduces in the late 70's iirc.

The speed was for tactical and strategic purposes as well. 

Plus if the USSR had invaded Western Europe they could retreat faster LOL =D

hnggggggggggggggggggggg

I can see this thing rival the Leo 1 (AKA not getting ammoracked every other shot)

The DPM IS pretty low, though.

My initial impressions are positive.

The gun is not ideal with placeholder, and the accuracy and aimtime make me think of the FV4202 which is not good. If the dispersion values on turret/hull movement are much reduced than the 4202 those values will be solid, but frankly they scare me as they seduced me into the 4202.

Mobility is good. View range is not 410 but can't have everything.

So it's got the speed of a Leo, the gun of a 4202 and the dpm of ..50m?

Interested for sure.

That commanders cupola will ruin it's low profile in game just like it did in real life... I'm still interested but not overly excited.

yep that cupola seems really bad, big and of course auto pen for opponents. Wonder what will be this tanks specialty compared to competition. Maybe medium range high dps... bit worse dpm than STB-1 but with more accurate gun. Or maybe non-autoloading batchat role... worst gun aiming stats but even better dpm than stb1. Latter could be fun but pretty close still to stb1 role.

Cupola? CUPOLA?

With an L7 with .32 and 2.3s?

Ok it's literally a faster 4202.

Powercreep the shit out of the already shittest tier 10 medium yeaaah.