Shade421

Derps' Terribad T30 Q&A's

232 posts in this topic

I too love my T30.  I feel it's the best Tier 9 TD (for me).  I'd even go so far as to say it's one of the better Tier 9 heavies after the E75 and vk4502b.  The only Tier 10 TDs that I enjoy playing   I've played a little over 200 battles in mine, mostly solo.  I'm holding a 69.4% winrate and a shade over 2700 dpg.

I feel like Cola is key.  I'm running it with rammer, GLD, and optics.  I need to get my 3 skill crew up to 4 skills so I can feel comfortable retraining for BIA.  The cola gives just that little extra bump to the gun handling so you can sort of feel confident taking some shots that aren't fully aimed in.  I don't run a fire extinguisher on it.

How many boots does it take to police call the NCO's cigarette butts?

A) All of them

B) Haze them all first, then all of them

C) The one you hate the most

D) Ask for a volunteer, and then make everyone who doesn't volunteer pick them up

E) Fuck it. All of the above

Depends. My old unit, C. This one, E.

How to IS7?

I cannot seem to get much damages or wins in it. The handling feels shoddy and the dpm feels terrible, made even worse with shoddy handling. I dont trust the armor. I would much rather an IS4. Heck I trust the 50Bs armor more than the IS7s. Do you have any replays and/or analysis of those replays I could watch so maybe I can suck less?

Yea I have a few. Give me a couple hours and I'll throw a few up for you that show how to use its armor properly. it's not a typical layout, but it is beast mode when you get it right.

I love my T30, but it still has a very pennable turret :/ People pen through my mantlet, cheeks, little flat spot above the mantlet, and sometimes (a lot) overmatch the turret. It is always some shitter T7/T8 tanks.

Only guns 155mm and larger can overmatch the turret roof. So nothing at tier 7, or 8. The hatch can be penned, but is trollish. I have been penned through the mantlet a few times, it's usually JT's or something like that spamming APCR. There is a very tiny armor hole in the mantlet, as well. Had an IS-6 put an AP round through it once, I spent the next 20 mins in TI finding it. It's very, VERY small though.

Whats your JPE playstyle? Im seriously regretting buying it back due to how much worse than the E100 it is.

Mainly, I get a shot or 2 in early, then go for either a push, or area denial, much like the E3. I actually find the armor easier to use on the JPE than the E100. If you're angled, it bounces, if you're not, it doesn't. Don't have to worry about turret and hull. Also, don't be afraid to overexpose the sides, they are strong. The main counter to a well angled JPE is pretty much other TD's spamming gold, and that's about it (and cancer). It can lead a push when supported, and it's gun handling is far better than most people expect. It can snapshot on rotation with surprising results. A lot of people I see having a hard time in it are trying to play it like an E3 or Foch, or something with soft sides, so they don't angle their front enough. Angle it to the extreme. Also, the top hatch is small enough that a bit of dancing around can throw off most shots at it.

I too love my T30.  I feel it's the best Tier 9 TD (for me).  I'd even go so far as to say it's one of the better Tier 9 heavies after the E75 and vk4502b.  The only Tier 10 TDs that I enjoy playing   I've played a little over 200 battles in mine, mostly solo.  I'm holding a 69.4% winrate and a shade over 2700 dpg.

I feel like Cola is key.  I'm running it with rammer, GLD, and optics.  I need to get my 3 skill crew up to 4 skills so I can feel comfortable retraining for BIA.  The cola gives just that little extra bump to the gun handling so you can sort of feel confident taking some shots that aren't fully aimed in.  I don't run a fire extinguisher on it.

Cola is definitely key. I don't run optics, however. The thing is blind anyway, and I don't feel like they ad enough, since they are a percentage bonus of the base, which is low. I use vents, and it serves me well. 16.62s reload.

PrtScrn doesn't work, TI has a built in script to just take a shot of the tank you're viewing, without the aim point, background, or anything. I tried it.

Have you tried "Snipping Tool"?

If you're using Windows 7/8 there should be a snipping tool.

There is, but it also moves the aim point, even when the TI window isn't selected.

Thoughts on grinding out the 155mm on the T30 with the 120mm? I realize alpha is king, but is the tank decent with the 120mm? Most opinions I've researched seem to indicate yes, since 3100 dpm is nothing to sneeze at and it gets slightly better fire control. I ask because I am unlikely to have enough free XP during this weekend special to get the 155mm unlocked :-D

I honestly never played it with the 120, but straight up comparison it's better than the T34, and the T34 is a solid tank. If you can upgrade everything else, It's not likely to be too bad, not like trying to grind a WZ-120 stock or any such happy horseshit. With the DPM, it should be usable. I wouldn't get my hopes up for the gun handling, though. Front what I've heard, it's not that much better than the T34 in that regard with the 120.

Sitting them side by side in TI, the accuracy is actually very slightly worse (.0038) on the T30 than the T34, but everything else handling-wise is equal or better, including a >1s better aim time. That coupled with a 5s shorter reload should make it pretty decent. I know there are people who never even use the 155 on the T30, but I wouldn't go that hard for it.

I am grinding the E4 now. You saying i should definetly not exchange it with the t30 once i research it?

(I am a player who doesnt like to play with "underpowered than previous tier" tanks)

Definitely just keep the T30. The E4 is just inferior, even in tier 10 matches.

1) Has this been adressed before by any WG staff?

2) If t30 is not an OP tank by any means...a balanced tank to say the best, than the e4 is one of the worst T10s?

Look at http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/t30/t110e4#T1=19I19I20I21I108&T2=72I55I43I87I116 :

3) Doesnt E4 needs a frontal armor turret buff?

Sidenote: When i am playing my meds and lights, i feel like: "e4...good easy pen"

1. The avg WR for the T30 includes all the pubbies that play it stock. So it's "balanced".

2. Yes, the E4 is one of the absolute worst.

How to IS7?

I cannot seem to get much damages or wins in it. The handling feels shoddy and the dpm feels terrible, made even worse with shoddy handling. I dont trust the armor. I would much rather an IS4. Heck I trust the 50Bs armor more than the IS7s. Do you have any replays and/or analysis of those replays I could watch so maybe I can suck less?

Not a great match, but showcases exactly how to use the is7 armor.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1577309#northwest-sirderpsabit-is-7

Spoiler: I goldspam in the IS-7

I'm also a connoisseur of the wz-120. Here's an example:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1577614#stalingrad-sirderpsabit-wz-120

The overall score isn't that impressive, but it's a tier 10 match, and watch how I play it. Full yolotard, but the 120 is stupid enough to work it for me. Much like the T30, I maintain that the 120 is a better tank than the 121. The mobility loss in the 121 is it's utter downfall.

Credit to PityFool for supporting my yolo like a bawss.

Here's another:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1577707#live_oaks-sirderpsabit-wz-120

Thoughts on grinding out the 155mm on the T30 with the 120mm? I realize alpha is king, but is the tank decent with the 120mm? Most opinions I've researched seem to indicate yes, since 3100 dpm is nothing to sneeze at and it gets slightly better fire control. I ask because I am unlikely to have enough free XP during this weekend special to get the 155mm unlocked :-D

I did own t30 long time, but current i sell it for e4

thinking to buy TD tier 9s, but i havent look performance tier 9 TD...

The T30 out performs the E4 even in tier 10 matches. the E4's Achilles heel lies mostly in its weak spots. With limited depression, the turret can not afford to be as weak as it is. I smacked down an E4 earlier tonight in the T30 by just blasting his cheeks while he bounced my turret. The E4 needs a buff, badly. But for now, the T30 makes it look like a drooling simpleton.

Very often in your replays the aiming circle seems extremely large. Do you take a lot of snap shots or is it just pretty zoomed in with inaccurate guns?

I figure you like the t30 for the stupid alpha and turret, but what about the other t9 tds? The 704 is not bad, I haven't played it but it's certainly annoying to fight against if the driver is decent. But I have the wt pz 4 and that thing is fantastic. I understand that the t95 isn't good either and the Foch doesn't have good enough armor for me really to think that's it's comparable. I've researched the t30 but haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

The point being that you said the t30 is the best t9 td and I just wanted to put other names up there for consideration. Not much doubt that you're wrong, just didn't see anybody say anything about the others.

The 704 has good camo and a good gun, but no turret means it can't multirole like the T30 can. I/m a big fan of the tort and Jt as well, their dpm and pen makes them monsters. But I think for solo pubbing, the T30 is king, simply because of its ability to play multiple roles.

You are literally the only person that agrees with me that the t30 is amazing. Everyone I platoon with says that the t30 is inferior to the other tier 9 TD's... I'm like, "bruv, try it."

My question, I know you stated it previously, but how do you always keep yourself free from arty? I usually do well in each game, but atleast 1 in 5 battles I get artied for all my health.

Should I buy back my old T30?

Spoiler: I view it more negatively than newer players, because bitter from losing it as a t10 hheavy.

Spoiler: I view it more negatively than newer players, because bitter from losing it as a t10 hheavy.

I wasn't around when it was a tier 10 heavy, but I have around 750 battles in it now. I personally love it as a TD/Heavy. It can hold its own in a tier 10 game as long as it has some backup, otherwise it's done. You can hold a flank by yourself if you have the right hull down spot, seeing as that gun is absolutely fantastic. (bear in mind I'm not that great of a player and can still do fairly well :P)

You are literally the only person that agrees with me that the t30 is amazing. Everyone I platoon with says that the t30 is inferior to the other tier 9 TD's... I'm like, "bruv, try it."

My question, I know you stated it previously, but how do you always keep yourself free from arty? I usually do well in each game, but atleast 1 in 5 battles I get artied for all my health.

Never being front line is a big advantage to staying arty safe, by not drawing their attention. I still get artied from time to time, but I am almost never the first one to be spotted, or to engage a flank. there are certain situations on certain maps where you can engage while staying arty safe, such as the north flank on Windstorm, or the west on Karelia. Usually, however, I'm doing hardcore peek-a-boom play, which gives arty little or no chance to aim in at me, and they usually aren't even aware of me, since my team mates are already engaged and spotted.

IDK, if you like the E4, the T30 is just a better version that's more versatile. It's gun depression and turret armor make it very good in the current meta, and the alpha/pen make it beastly on city maps as well, much more so than the 704, since, you know, turret. It is slow, but faster than an E100 or E4, so it's not really hindered much by its speed. I honestly find its play style in a lot of situations similar to the Patton, since it's bloom isn't huge, so you can snapshot at close ranges reliably. Right click+W+Left Click+D=success.

If you've got a crew for it, I'd definitely at least suggest you give it a try.

What do you think of the 113 and the 121? 

I hate the 113. Shitty armor layout, terribad turret position, can't really side scrape, no depression, and the mobility doesn't make up for the rest. Some people like it a lot. I am not one of them.

The 121, however, can be excellent. It's roughly about as fast as the 62A, but accelerates a bit slower. With 440 alpha, good camo, and good mobility, it can peek like a beast. It's gun handling is actually far better than you'd expect from a 122 on a med, and its RoF is amazing. However, it's not particularly well armored, and has no depression. There are some maps/situations where it can be rendered near-useless. It's a hit or miss med, but I still like it.