arthurwellsley

LT 15

46 posts in this topic

Any hints or tips to complete LT 15 please.

I have been trying to do this in my WZ-132.

Best attempt so far was Live Oaks which achieved 3,997.

I seem to be fated not to get either Pokorovka or Fiery Salient so far.

So which tanks, bushes,maps, or tactic, any tips please.

Simple guide,spam battles in t8 lights until you get malinovka.

I got mine on assualt karelia, yolo middle on attack and keep base spotted, took me 20 games of mostly city maps before I got lucky. But I know others that done it in less than 5...

Quick random thoughts:

• Communicate with your team if you know you are going to light targets in an area.  The shot windows can be narrow so you want your teammates aimed in ASAP.
  • Platoon with arty.  Being in tighter communication with your orbital deathlasers makes it easier to get them pre-aimed at the right spots.
  • Turn off Encounter and turn on Assault.  Encounter maps, in general, are bad for spotting and the extra 5 city maps don't help at all.
  • Stay alive-- there is no rule you have to finish this mission in the first 3 minutes of the battle.  As a light tank, you are SO much more useful spotting and digging out late game campers.

Stay alive-- there is no rule you have to finish this mission in the first 3 minutes of the battle.  As a light tank, you are SO much more useful spotting and digging out late game campers.

Also: if you make it to end game you can spot their arty and wait for someone to kill them instead of doing it yourself. That's four or five hundred HP for free.

Prokhorovka is probably

I got extremely lucky and had Malinovka south spawn in my third game trying while I was platooned with neo's autoclicker. It's very RNG, although you can improve the chances by bringing two friends with big alpha clickers or TDs.

This might be a bit basic but it hasnt been said yet. Drop all equipment that is common for LT nowadays and stick with coated optics, binocs and camo net. Aditionally you might even want to throw in premium consumables.

With this setup i was literally driving down the 2 line in Fiery Salient. An amx 13 75 came within 75 meters and didnt spot me (only 1 bush was in between). Later I was almost within proxy detect and spotted their TDs all the way up north. I was standing RIGHT in front of them that i felt they might just randomly hit me.... good luck!

Play other things until Malinovka/Prok/Salient are in the frequent rotation.  Get one of those three, resist the urge to shoot targets yourself, profit.  

Certainly possible on a number of other maps (I recently did on of the LT assist missions on himmels...) but those three give you the best chance.

This is how I got it: Get RU 251

Camp in a passive position with full camo crew

Passive spot for arty/tier 10 TDs

get mission

Best place we've ever done it was RU 251 south on Westfield in the southern cliff forest place. you get spots everywhere including the lower edge of the town.

I did mine on Steppes with two arty platoon mates and lit things up for them.  There's a sneaky bush on the east side of where the cap circle would be on encounter that you can hide in for maximum spots.  It's definitely a high risk, high reward location and you'll need to be in a tank fast enough (ru251 is a good choice) to get there before the badguys show up. Waiting for malinovka is probably a better choice.

Here is mine. I wasn't really going for the mission, just doubling my 1390, but i played Malinovka a little differently than i would have, because of the mission

http://wotreplays.com/site/1591705#malinovka-crabeatoff-amx_13_90

Would you agree playing more passively than actively going for the mission is a better way to pursue missions in general?

Would you agree playing more passively than actively going for the mission is a better way to pursue missions in general?

Well, I shot less than I would have. But I dunno, passive spots are too far and between. In the replay you'll see I just surf the view-range margin. 

Third battle today finally got Prokhorovka. Not my best scouting, but finally completed LT-15 and now have the STUG. 

4,141 damage spotted/tracked broken down as 2,558 damage on spotting and 1,583 damage on de-tracking.

I was advised to fire HE on the de-tracking shots and thats what I used.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1592450#report

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=88602#report

My two LT-15 completions thus far have not been on the standard Prok/Mali, and have instead come from just... being patient, and focusing on passive scouting.

My 13 90 is my best camo light at t8 (Only have T49 and 13 90), so, full camo crew, optics/gld/vents, coffee for max camo value/view range possible, then find bushes and keep pushing the envelope out in order to make sure you're getting the spotting.

A trap that a lot of people fall into is playing TOO passively while passive scouting, letting an allied med or other light tank steal some, or split all of their spotting damage, ending up with games where you feel like you're at the forefront the entire game, and then you end up with 3k because the 140 who was peeking and poking got 3k as well by splitting all of your spots.

This is my completion I just got today, for the T28 Concept edition of LT-15, as South Spawn of Swamp.

ff068f1255.jpg

My LT 15 completion for the Stug 4 was north spawn Sand River, but just spotting mid-north and then into their base/south campers to finish off, also ~6k spotting.

9027269e2b.jpg

I can post replays if needed/requested.

As far as tips go, I'd say run with 1 arty 1 waffle for maximum damage potential in the platoon. Running with double arty risks losing damage to unfortunate misses/splashes, the Waffle will be reliable and able to eliminate anything getting close to you as a priority target. It gives you real killing power that is 100% there to support you, depending on how much your friend is interested in helping you vs farming stats. The Swamp game today for completion of LT-15 v2 was basically me spotting for a pair of waffles who I was initially super shitty at because I thought they were just being dicks and asking me to suiscout for them. When they actually started shitting on stuff, it made spotting a joke.

Edited by Pompous

• Use your highest-tier light tank with a good crew. I use my WZ-132 because I have 102% camo and 466 meters view range.
  • Platoon with arty. If you're in a tier 7 or 8 you can go as high as tier 10 arty.
  • Be patient. You'll get Himmelsdorf, Tundra, etc. Understand that there will be maps where it simply isn't feasible.
  • Play it cautiously. Yes, track assist damage counts, but firing your gun also removes the lion's share of your camo, which could mean Bad Things™ in a tier 10 match.

live-oaks-china-wz-132-10226719712374382

swamp-china-wz-132-84686878073958617.png

prokhorovka-usa-m41-walker-bulldog-11710

swamp-china-wz-132-50743188894707293.png

"Tactically remove" the other lights on fiery salient, just run across the ridge a lot, 11.4k spot easy (with 440+ VR)

Now, when I say tactically remove? thats fancy for tk, block, what ever you have to do to get all spots yourself

http://wotreplays.eu/site/822129#prokhorovka-ham-amx_13_90 proof of concept

Thats over kill even for 260

Could I get some more replays of people doing this on malinovka?

I've seen crab do it by vision surfing the field, but as that seems to require a high degree of skill, I wonder if there are other high percentage spots that require less skill.  

Could I get some more replays of people doing this on malinovka?

I've seen crab do it by vision surfing the field, but as that seems to require a high degree of skill, I wonder if there are other high percentage spots that require less skill.  

As luck would have it, I just got LT-15 for the T-55A on Malinovka a few minutes ago.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1688733#malinovka-stranamechty-wz-132

As luck would have it, I just got LT-15 for the T-55A on Malinovka a few minutes ago.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1688733#malinovka-stranamechty-wz-132

thanks!

that is a new bush to me.  typically, I'd knock over the tree just ahead of that bush and sit on the ridge...i didn't know you coudl spot from there

do you recommend turning on encounter for LT-15?

do you recommend turning on encounter for LT-15?

I've had encounter on since its inception, can't say I've considered turning it off even for mission chasing. Dunno' if it conveys any real advantage, though.