Meirzin

Leopard 1

459 posts in this topic

Played with this cat last night, he can make that Leo dance.

xana seems to love the Leopard1 as much as you do ;)

Looks like a good tank, but how is the gun handling? I hate the pta with a passion because the gun handling makes the accuracy moot; does the Leo 1 fix that?

Everything bad about the pta except the armor is fixed with the leo 1.

After a rage-filled night, I decided to sell my T-34-3 and get a Leo 1.

oh mah gawd

This is heaven! The gun handling is great, the speed is great, the depression is great, and vision control is great, the camo is good... pretty much everything except the armor is either amazing or well beyond average. Its a bit map-dependent (ugh himmelsdorf) and takes a bit too much ammorack damage... but there's no other reason to dislike this tank.

I hate T10 meds, hatehatehate them. They have shit firepower and often are graced with stuff like "no gun depression" or "gigantic size" or "mediocre mobility" that makes using that shit firepower harder than it needs to. The Leo is nothing like that; no part of the tank disagrees with the gun. Paper? Here, have miniscule exposure time and -10 gun dep. Sniper? Here, take .30 acc and 1.9 aimtime. Oh, and since the Leo is fast enough to get into trouble with other meds, we went ahead and gave you the same DPM they have, too. Have fun!

Obviously a hellishly low sample size, but 14 solopub games in and I'm sitting on 4,340 DPG and 71% WR. WN8 is somewhere around 5.5k.

Every unicum should have this tank, fuck you guys and your 62as and E-50Ms, this tank is your lord and savior.

Whelp, here come the 10 Leo-I PBKAC CW strats.

You're welcome Rexxie, now platoon with me some time.

I absolutely love my Leopard 1, it's one of the few T10s I can solopub with a decent WR at the weird times I play NA West.

Isn't the camo just slightly worse than the Russian meds and the BatChat? It looks to be an awesome tank assuming that it doesn't get the nerfbat, and I just started grinding towards it since A) I've developed a soft spot for vision control and scouting based tanks after playing the French LTs, and B) I'm sick of tanks with poor gun handling, I don't think that I've ever used something with .35 or below accuracy besides the Russian 57mm ZiS-2, and it aims slower than it reloads, so it still has bad fire control.

I'm on the Pz. III/IV at the moment, and I think that it's ok. More than anything else, I'd say that it's like a German A-43 at Tier 5 with worse DPM, but the flanking sniper style of the VK 30.01 D looks promising.

Yeah, it's only 1% off the 62a. Realistically the camo value isn't that good, since the 62a's camo isn't incredible to begin with... but at the ranges the Leo likes to play vision control from? Train camouflage and you're suddenly invisible. With all things considered (exposure time, mobility, depression, size, viewrange) the pta is second only to the 430 in general stealth ability.

It has the best camo out of the NATO tanks (excluding Bat), but it still a few % points behind the pact tanks and the Batchat. It does however get 10m extra view range to somewhat offset the lower camo.

Also the great gun handling and depression allow it to pull off good long range peeking snapshots that few other tanks are capable of.

Watch the replay on Murovanka that I posted in the OP where I sit right next to an enemy conq gc as I snipe an enemy jpe and remain unspotted. Camo is fine and my crew only has camo at 87%

Leo 1 best tank.  You can take your E50M's 300mm effective UFP and shove it up your ass.  No psuedo-heavy bullshit here.  There is no match for the speed, camo, and gun handling of the almighty Leopard 1.  A god among tanks.

I'm aiming for the Leo to be my first tier 10. Sounds like I won't be dissapointed, espedially since I love the PTA :)

I saw this Leopard model on Junkers' stream sometime last year and have been using it since then. It adds some skirting and other cosmetic details to make it look like a later model Leo which IMO looks much better. It also makes no changes to the model shape so there are no parts that you can shoot without hitting the hitbox.

Aiaaa57.png

http://mirtankov.net/remodel/germany/leopard-1/10547-remodeling-dlya-leopard-1.html

I want the leopard, and a crew with sixth sense, so I can keep saying: "I'm spotted"