Meirzin

Leopard 1

473 posts in this topic

Yeah wg should rebalance this tank. I never understood why a tank like this doesn't have the perfect gun, consedering that it relies only on that and its mobility to stay alive. 

In my opinion the gun stats should be:

acc 0,24/0,25 

alpha 390

dispersion: move 0,9 traverse 0,9 turret 0,7

aim time 1,5

dpm 2,3/2,4/2,5 k

To make it simple not great dpm, but every shot hits the target with minimal exposure.

4 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

did they mess with the fuel tanks on this thing?  I haven't played it in ~2 years and used to run 2x rep kits, but since starting again I have had a *lot* of fires. :feelsbad:

my condolence :cri: 

invest in fire fighting and preventative maintenance maybe? :MingLee:

there's something satisfying about seeing a tier X tank burn up just because they decided to be a try hard and trade the fire extinguisher for food (or in your case, x2 rep kits)

13 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

there's something satisfying about seeing a tier X tank burn up just because they decided to be a try hard and trade the fire extinguisher for food (or in your case, x2 rep kits)

I'm not sure I'd call 2 rep kits being a try hard.  I can have plenty of fun w/o the ~5% better stats from food (hence why I almost never use it), not so much with regular ammo rack damage (hence the 2x reps on this, my wz111 and wz11114).  I'm also going to guess these are fuel tank fires (I could be wrong) as opposed to engine fires, and I don't think preventative maintenance helps with those.

I probably would have invested in firefighting if this had been an issue in my first ~350 games in the tank, but it wasn't.

In other words: thanks for being a dick while providing nothing of value.

15 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Leo needs 2 rep kits because ammo rack gets damaged if you look harsh on it.

6 hours ago, Saffee said:

2 repair kits on leo? :jebaited:

14 hours ago, Felicius said:

Leo needs 2 rep kits because ammo rack gets damaged if you look harsh on it.

Oh, and it repair the tracks for ages. Even full repair crew+BIA is not helping enough...since you are so soft...

E 50 m has same track repair speed, but it has armor to withstand it (in sidescrape). It is basically a repair speed of a heavy.

11 hours ago, Saffee said:

you dont need/use 2 rep kits 

I definitely feel like I used to, but I'll say it feels like less now than I remember from before.  I'll switch it up for AFE.

Btw, where in Sweden are you from?  I lived in Goteborg for a year or so back around ~2000.

Is i me or has smth changed with Leo 1 regarding actual aiming time etc. I know the bloom is sh as soon as you move but
compared to 50M it seems like forever for reticle to shrink when still. I got an excellent crew so it shouldnt be that.
Has smth been done with it the last couple of patches?

@ProxyCentauri
It was always like this. They haven't changed a thing, at least there is nothing in the patch notes.
Leopard 1 is poop ;___;

I just bought this tank, is it worth playing? I find it obsolete nowadays..

4 hours ago, igorCRO said:

I just bought this tank, is it worth playing? I find it obsolete nowadays..

Do you like being frustrated? If not then it's not worth it. 

2 hours ago, Luna said:

ZOOM ZOOM PEW PEW SNIPE SNIPE DIE DIE is fun af. Don't expect to hard carry, but expect to enjoy driving.

This description is correct, high DPG, low WR is a fact. Definitely fun tank to drive around in open maps, but seriously struggles in the current corridor city map meta. @igorCRO 

vbaddict last 30 days WR for tier 10s:

MZx8xjT.png

The stats of the FV215B are skewed, since it is literally only played by fanboys and bots. The S.Conq is the same tank just better in every way. => The Leo 1 is the worst tier 10 tank.

@igorCRO good buy. :serb:

2 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

MZx8xjT.png

The stats of the FV215B are skewed, since it is literally only played by fanboys and bots. The S.Conq is the same tank just better in every way. => The Leo 1 is the worst tier 10 tank.

Yet according to WG it would be OP if buffed. 

@TAdoo87Interesting data. I would have imagined that the 121b and T95E6 would have been worse than it. But perhaps them being CW reward (ergo better players play them) influences the WR enough.

FV4005 is also pretty shit, it's literally a one hit wonder, sometimes there's literally nothing you can do. The tank has no camo to snipe without getting spotted on open maps nor can it take any hits on city maps. People even tend to load HE right after you're spotted. Also 30B is trash nowadays with its ruined penetration with HEAT & APCR. 

I guess they could buff Leo 1s reload by 0,3secs and give it a bit better dispersion values on the move. It wouldnt make it OP nor on par with Russian hovermeds, but it would give it a bit better firepower to use on city maps. 

2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

I can't say anything about the reward tanks, since I don't have them and they are too rare. But the fact that they are so rare also tells a story. 

The shitbarn also a special case, due to its fear factor. It often denies agressive play just by being unspotted. Ofc the better players can predict its position, but I guess for a lots of player its just a danger that can kill them "anytime". 

I agree with the changes you mentioned. It should get at least russian med gun handling and dpm too. 

Ps: wow I just realized it has the second worst dpm as non-autoloader tech-tree  tier 10 med. 

It just doesn't mesh with the map meta - if they buffed it to the point where it's a good medium generally, it'd be gamebreaking on the few remaining open maps. It probably needs some small buffs either way to keep up with power creep, but I don't see them amounting to much.

Biggest buff the tank could get is new open map releases. There's not a whole lot of hope for the tank because of that, WG has long since been dead-set in their map design philosophy.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It just doesn't mesh with the map meta - if they buffed it to the point where it's a good medium generally, it'd be gamebreaking on the few remaining open maps. It probably needs some small buffs either way to keep up with power creep, but I don't see them amounting to much.

Biggest buff the tank could get is new open map releases. There's not a whole lot of hope for the tank because of that, WG has long since been dead-set in their map design philosophy.

I disagree. The map meta is only part of it. Since it's hay days there was an accuracy nerf. We have a lots of derp guns now, and the new tier 10 power creepd the shit out of it.

Just imagine Murazor would say one day the Super Conq is OP (which is), so they will "rebalance" it:

1. It will lose a little bit of alpha 400 to 390 but it will keep the same rate of fire.
  2. The dispersion on the move will increase with 70%, but in exchange the final accuracy will be improved by 10% and the aiming time by 5%,the pen will be also increased by 3.5%
  3. The gun caliber will be also decreased so it will lose some over-match potential.
  4. Since the super conq is too strong ridge line fighter, we decide to take away 1 degree of gun depression
  5. The armor is also proven to be to strong, so all the armor was removed including all spaced armor except a small piece on the gun mantlet.
  6. The survival rate of the tank also needed to be adjusted, so it's hp will be decreased by 19%
  7. To compensate all these changes the increased it's top speed and mobility.
  8. The tank will be also renamed. The new name of the tank: Leopard 1. Have fun.

33 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Just imagine Murazor would say one day the Super Conq is OP (which is), so they will "rebalance" it:

While it might be easier to compare the Leo and Super Conq today, it's important to remember that back then, the Leopard's advantages would have amounted to far more than they do today. Giving a 2013 purple the choice between your listed advantages and the Leo's 200% more mobility, several orders of magnitude more camo, 10m higher view range, and 40% more shell velocity would have been a far tougher call, predominantly because they were all usable & abusable on almost every map. And like you mentioned, the SConq is probably the most advantaged tank to compare the Leo to, considering it's overpowered even by today's standards. Compared to something more tame, the choice would have been even more difficult.

It's really hard to really overstate how powerful vision dominance was in the vision meta. It was often possible to win entire flanks (or even games) without ever risking a hit, something the Conq's lack of mobility and neon-sign of a camo value would have held it back from. If vision ever became as powerful as a tool as it used to be, I can absolutely ensure that the Leopard would need very little help to become relevant again.

27 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

While it might be easier to compare the Leo and Super Conq today, it's important to remember that back then, the Leopard's advantages would have amounted to far more than they do today. Giving a 2013 purple the choice between your listed advantages and the Leo's 200% more mobility, several orders of magnitude more camo, 10m higher view range, and 40% more shell velocity would have been a far tougher call, predominantly because they were all usable & abusable on almost every map. And like you mentioned, the SConq is probably the most advantaged tank to compare the Leo to, considering it's overpowered even by today's standards. Compared to something more tame, the choice would have been even more difficult.

It's really hard to really overstate how powerful vision dominance was in the vision meta. It was often possible to win entire flanks (or even games) without ever risking a hit, something the Conq's lack of mobility and neon-sign of a camo value would have held it back from. If vision ever became as powerful as a tool as it used to be, I can absolutely ensure that the Leopard would need very little help to become relevant again.

Now in 2018, we are how far from vision meta? 4 years already? How long it existed, anyway? Hellcats/hovermeds had like 1-2 years of reign in total? From the start in 2012 to 2014? it is roughly 1.5 years.

I started playing in 8.6, but it was 9.1-9.2 till i dug myself from lower tiers (where tier 4 TDs had 400 vision :) )

It is a sign of getting old: speaking about relevance about something that lasted far less time that what followed. 

It was easier to farm poor souls back then, but much more cancerous for new players (and too many draws, even today enough arty and TDs makes this map toxic), i regret to saying, but this meta is better. Something in between, say 2015 was the best, after the TD vision nerf.

18 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Now in 2018, we are how far from vision meta? 4 years already? How long it existed, anyway. Hellcats/hovermeds had like 1-2 years of reign in total?

I started playing in 8.6, but it was 9.1-9.2 till i dug myself from lower tiers (where tier 4 TDs had 400 vision :) )

It is a sign of getting old: speaking about relevance about something that lasted far less time than that that followed. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:20 PM, TAdoo87 said:

MZx8xjT.png

I am tempted to sell my 62A for 430U. Not that i was any good at it, anyway. But the mantra "hovermeds" in CW kept me from selling it (despite 113 and Maus getting most of calls, even kranvagn a bit more for a while).

So: 430U for CW of no? If you have only one tier 10 RU med crew (i kept the best ones for T-54 and pancake anyway).