Shade421

The Official T30 Club of Epic Wreckage

140 posts in this topic

So, as has been easily established by my flawless reasoning, and confirmed by my Q&A thread, the T30 is the best tank in the game. Share your T30 pubstompage and epic wreckonating here, and bask in the glory that is a 155mm AT gun with depression and turret armor. E4's need not apply.

VTvbSNt.jpg

Join me, fellow 'Murican lovers, in a celebration of the best tier 10 heavy that gets to shit on tier 7's in the game.

For you doubters, a taste of the power that can be yours: http://wotreplays.com/site/1556414#cliff-sirderpsabit-t30

I don't have any replays yet that showcase the awesomeness of this tank, but man it sure is fun to drive. I hoped it would be good as I slogged through the 25/2, and Proto, then was disappointed until I finally played it enough to unlock the gun. Now it just brings a smile on my face every time I pull the trigger and something goes boom. If any tank deserves Devastator on the side of the turret, that's the one. 

I assume that due to its massive goodness, it is worth grinding through the T28 proto for?

I have been dreading that grind but really want this amazing beast.

I assume that due to its massive goodness, it is worth grinding through the T28 proto for?

I have been dreading that grind but really want this amazing beast.

if there was any tank in the line to skip, it would be the proto, but if you already have it, grind through it. The T30 is just ridiculous. The E4 though...not so much.

A selection of good ones from tonight: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xbumvk871mjf2yk/replayst30-5.rar

Very interested in getting the tank. Would you give your crew skills and equipment setup ? :^)

Also I'm curious to know your thought process in getting middle or East in the two first games (the one in the OP and the first of the pack).

Feels and drives like a T34, but the damage output and penetration justify the reload. Still made of paper aside from its turret. Good players will pen the cheeks if you're hull down (looking at you purple t62a's) Over all yes it is worth the grind through the Protato.

I get skirmish gold, I'll just free EXP to this thing. Ive recently added the T34 to my garage, Im almost certain the positioning will be pretty identical

I rebought the T30.

Did remarkably well the few games played in it so far, still a long way to go to repair my abysmal stats in it :(

Interestingly, the T30's APCR round on the 155mm is rather inexpensive, compared to the damage output and credit generation. I run a half-and-half mix of AP and APCR, which generally guarantees I will not run out of either (or credits). The APCR is good for E100 turrets and the like. Also, it's nice for relieving frustration when you derpbounce.

I also recommend running cola / preventative maintenance. Woo! Better gun handling!

Very interested in getting the tank. Would you give your crew skills and equipment setup ? :^)

Also I'm curious to know your thought process in getting middle or East in the two first games (the one in the OP and the first of the pack).

I can go in to detail about them tonight when I get off work. For equipment, I run rammer, vents, gld. Consumables, LMed, LRep, Cola. I'll take a SS of my crew tonight as well.

I get skirmish gold, I'll just free EXP to this thing. Ive recently added the T34 to my garage, Im almost certain the positioning will be pretty identical

Very similar with one big difference: no roof overmatch on the T30 =D

Interestingly, the T30's APCR round on the 155mm is rather inexpensive, compared to the damage output and credit generation. I run a half-and-half mix of AP and APCR, which generally guarantees I will not run out of either (or credits). The APCR is good for E100 turrets and the like. Also, it's nice for relieving frustration when you derpbounce.

I also recommend running cola / preventative maintenance. Woo! Better gun handling!

#ColaFTW2015

I don't know if I like this tank or not, but I am reserving judgement until I get the 155mm. In the meantime, I did Ace it today with the 120mm and snagged myself TD15v1 mission which is the reason I bought it (plus Derp's hype).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1610703#hidden_village-crabeatoff-t30

OK, so the first match, I go east because it's easy to use the terrain there to go mostly hull down, and that's where I feel I'm likely to run in to their heavies, which I pretty much see it as my job to wreckonate. I go east, find them, wreck them. I also had pubby support, so they couldn't just rush me on my reload.

The 2nd match, I start going east for the same reason, but then see the T30, IS-3, Tortoise, etc spotted in the mid; some of their heaviest and most dangerous vehicles. I also knew that their other T30 was on the west flank, and pretty useless because he had been spotted there, and that their T95 didn't have a chance in hell of crossing mid without being spotted, so I assumed he was likely on the west as well. That only left the JT as a dangerous unaccounted for heavy asset, and I found him upon poking the hill. So I used gun depression and 155mm blap to deal with them. I also had my teams other T30 with me mid, and the combined firepower annihilated them quickly. Fun fact, I ended up platooning with that guy the rest of the night lol.

Heres a SS of my Crew Skills, equipment, consumables, etc:

78yOD3D.jpg

I don't know if I like this tank or not, but I am reserving judgement until I get the 155mm. In the meantime, I did Ace it today with the 120mm and snagged myself TD15v1 mission which is the reason I bought it (plus Derp's hype).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1610703#hidden_village-crabeatoff-t30

You engaged that Tort a lot differently than I would have. I'd have barely poked and spammed at his MG port. Porbably would have bounced more shots, but those things terrify me with that DPM. Never having played the T30 with the 120mm, I have to say, it doesn't look like much of a chore to play at all.

This thread has reminded me of the beast lurking in my friend's account (Now my alt).

Here is the ace replay I have from july 1st http://wotreplays.com/site/973740#self (replay doesnt work anymore :( )

I managed 10k dmg and a Top Gun granting me 1743 base exp on Mines.

Was running rammer, vents, gld, 26/6/2 for ammo, S med, S rep, and cola. The crew was also only 2nd skill @ %80ish.

I will consider looking into the T30 since Ive retired the 704's crew to a new ruski medium.

You engaged that Tort a lot differently than I would have. I'd have barely poked and spammed at his MG port. Porbably would have bounced more shots, but those things terrify me with that DPM. Never having played the T30 with the 120mm, I have to say, it doesn't look like much of a chore to play at all.

TBH, I got the ace in this game because I am totally not playing the T30 right, this game just happened to feed into my improper play and the Tort let me eat all 2k of his HP with virtually nothing in return. The 6s Tort reload vs the 7.6 T30 120mm reload makes them a lot less scary, at least when I can hide my hull that like. I kept shooting the cupola because it was working, the MG port was a better choice. The 120mm is a chore though, because sometimes you only get a few chances to shoot, making use of DPM is a lot easier/more fun in something faster with a snappier turret. But hey 20k XP to go and I'll have the 155 and never look back. 

Just dont be as nervous about the turret roof as with the t34. It's not overmatch, it's autobounce. It 's actually a more capable heavy.

Although I have 500 games in the T34, its been almost 2 years since I played it with any regularity, and knowledge I have is from an era when the hills were steeper (but there was less hull hiding rubble) and vision lanes were king. I need to re-learn how to play a slower hulldown tank in the corridor meta! The turret roof is nice, but the little bit above the mantlet and the cheeks sure catch a lot of tier 10 APCR/HEAT :-/

If they let you keep shooting, its a beasty of a tank. Note my bully of my teammates to give me space. Bonus - I got the mission for killing 2 unspotted tanks this game. The WaffleIV of course....but the fuck was the other?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1612235#el_halluf-crabeatoff-t30

It's about the same speed as an E100. IDK, it's never been an issue for me. I am definitely not shy about getting right to the front at the start, though. I can see it being an issue for a purely reactionary play style, though.