sgtshultz

The M103

437 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

How is this tank after they've mucked with the model yet again? It's been years since I played it, but aside from poor ammo count it seems decent. Like a Conqueror minus the poor hull...

The turret got a lot stronger, bar the bit above the mantlet and the roof because both of those have always been garbage

On 9/3/2017 at 2:58 PM, CraBeatOff said:

How is this tank after they've mucked with the model yet again? It's been years since I played it, but aside from poor ammo count it seems decent. Like a Conqueror minus the poor hull...

I have one hanging around the garage if you want to drive it. I've only played a handful of games in it since the turret remodel and it felt pretty good. Your bulbous head is no longer your greatest liability.

I'm buying this thing back. Can't hurt to have a T9 heavy in the garage, and gotta try out how it handles with the new MM.

This was the first tier 9 in which I felt like I was actually capable of contributing, and I'd buy it back in a heartbeat if it were to go on-track again.  It's quite enjoyable, the gun handling is very forgiving, and really, as long as you hide the turret roof, it's a pretty solid terrain warrior.

in my humble opinion its  way better tier for tier than T32/T34, especially with the 3-5-7 MM and the plethora of armored tanks rolling about. plus it feels like a proper upgrade, you gain some maneuverability, great DPM and a gun that can hit snapshots and not just the dirt

Just get a Conq for a proper 120 mm in tier 9...and better turret all the way. 

18 hours ago, Felicius said:

Just get a Conq for a proper 120 mm in tier 9...and better turret all the way. 

don't feel like playing church 1/church 7/BP/Caern though

On 06/04/2018 at 5:58 PM, nemlengyel said:

True. The grind is atrocious, while the M103 is actually the weakest link in a nice line. (OK, it was the weakest until the E5 armor nerf, maybe still is).

On 4/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, nemlengyel said:

Caern is amazeballs now though, Easily the best tier 8 regular heavy

5 hours ago, Felicius said:

True. The grind is atrocious, while the M103 is actually the weakest link in a nice line. (OK, it was the weakest until the E5 armor nerf, maybe still is).

Nope. T32 is trash now due to MM and bad gun and E5 is the E5. M103 isn't bad at all, although it's carried by Tier 9 MM also.

On 09/04/2018 at 3:41 AM, lavawing said:

Nope. T32 is trash now due to MM and bad gun and E5 is the E5. M103 isn't bad at all, although it's carried by Tier 9 MM also.

Maybe it is the server difference. EU server has much bigger population than SEA or NA, so you see tier 10 not so often. I used it about 2 y ago, and it was decent with 90 mm if you spam gold. I played patriot and pretty much the same 90 mm feels good enough. Sure, you lose some mobility in T32 but you get invincible turret...

My DPG and WR was about the same on those tanks. They play differently to a point, but they are still quite similar. Sure, patriot can simply decline the fight with those that can not pen, but T32 can troll ppl into shooting HE, and since the rep kits are multi-use, broken gun is not that bad any more. 

On 4/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, nemlengyel said:

Caern is good now. Close to broken