_Assad

JT Hype train

134 posts in this topic

JT is pretty under rated since the introduction of the bullshit wfpz4, but I still prefer this tank because it bullies absolutely everything at its own tier and higher. The DPM similarities of the tort whilst retaining the Alpha of a russian TD; this tank is an absolute beast.

The long 128 is rivaled with the L1A1 for being the best gun in the game hands down.

The armor is still relevant at its tier (You guys need to learn how to wiggle to victory!) wiggle/angling ze armor makes everything fly into the bullshit mantle.

After the selective-TD view range nerf, this tank now has better view range than the waffle, which is nice considering how prone it is to gold ammo and how shit-slow it is.

I do enjoy the tank, just frustrating to play when on an open map with artillery... (rip). Albeit, my opinion on it is that it's still rather subpar due to the massive profile + bro i heard you like dead gunners (HEAT through superstruture  = rip) + fails in CQC on small city maps.

Althought it is the only tank above tier 8 that i have a pools medal in, so it means it isn't a complete flop. Then again, it was back when the meta wasn't so heavy/medium oriented though... a year ago.

12 kills, rip enemies

toHAobZ.jpg?1

I'm thinking about going up that line but I'm not very far... still have to grind exp for the JP2

I'm thinking about going up that line but I'm not very far... still have to grind exp for the JP2

Stop at JPII. It's significantly better tier-for-tier (and has straight-up better armor than JT when hulldown...) in almost every regard.

seeing this thing's superstructure peek over a hill at you is pretty much reason enough to alt f4 with anything that isnt a med

seeing this thing's superstructure peek over a hill at you is pretty much reason enough to alt f4 with anything that isnt a med

Same thing with jg8.8 to an extent. 

JP2 bumped up to tier9 with JT's 128 would be the most amazing tier9 TD.

JP2 bumped up to tier9 with JT's 128 would be the most amazing tier9 TD.

Give it a GT101 turbine engine for E-25 mobility would make it entertaining in tier 10 too.

Give it a GT101 turbine engine for E-25 mobility would make it entertaining in tier 10 too.

It needs to be fair and balanced comrades. 

Same thing with jg8.8 to an extent. 

jt88 doesn't move or do damage fast enough. if you cant bounce 200 pen, you can sorta just walk away from it

jt128 has like 600 more effective dpm, has even more of a laser, and basically never bounces. doesn't even matter if you can pen it either because it probably has just as much hp as you do, unlike the jt88

don't get me wrong i wouldn't want to deal with a hulldown jt88 in a t8 heavy either, but a hulldown jt in a t9 is just soulcrushingly difficult to trump if you can't get away from it. 560 with 352 APCR on a sub 10 sec reload is really, really punishing

jt88 doesn't move or do damage fast enough. if you cant bounce 200 pen, you can sorta just walk away from it

jt128 has like 600 more effective dpm, has even more of a laser, and basically never bounces. doesn't even matter if you can pen it either because it probably has just as much hp as you do, unlike the jt88

don't get me wrong i wouldn't want to deal with a hulldown jt88 in a t8 heavy either, but a hulldown jt in a t9 is just soulcrushingly difficult to trump if you can't get away from it. 560 with 352 APCR on a sub 10 sec reload is really, really punishing

If a Jagdtiger is spamming APCR, he's doing it wrong or insanely bored. 276mm AP is more than enough for in-tier opponents... and when i do spam APCR it's because i'm bored as fuck and want to try ridiculous tricks (e.x. penetrating T32 gun mantlet, IS-7 turret front, upper plate of E-50M/E-75, etc.)

Ugh, I read so many good things, but I just can't seem to make it work.  I was able to deal with not having a turret in the JP2 since it was decently quick and agile.  The JT just gets closed on and circled to death.  I'm just bad at slow+casemate.

If a Jagdtiger is spamming APCR, he's doing it wrong or insanely bored. 276mm AP is more than enough for in-tier opponents... and when i do spam APCR it's because i'm bored as fuck and want to try ridiculous tricks (e.x. penetrating T32 gun mantlet, IS-7 turret front, upper plate of E-50M/E-75, etc.)

But thats what makes the APCR fun.

You just click and they die. 

I personally love this tank. JT is my bae <3

But thats what makes the APCR fun.

You just click and they die. 

I dont use APCR the rounds are very derpy at long range sometimes. The AP alone has 1200 m/s speed which is bullshit

Yeah, that APCR is nice. Top Gun! Lose anyway....

GG 43%

And now that I look, it turns out my JP2 was 46%.  Huh, it felt like I did better than that.

Hype Hype Hype. Too bad I hate TDs because I never learned to play them because I am a horrible excuse of a tanker.

I own the Waffle IV and the JT 8.8 as a premium for that crew. The chassis of the Waffle IV is just light years superior to the JT chassis in every situation. In cities, the rear turret and good camo allows first shots and rapid escapes. It is far more nimble for repositioning to the next spot. When the action gets frantic the turret, speed, and smaller size allows knife fighting the JT just can't do. In open maps the superior camo and turret allows for firing positions with better map view coverage. It is the best TD in the game IMHO. I have the JT unlocked, but simply can't bring myself to buy and crew it since that crew would have to come from the Waffle IV. When I look at the Jagzilla, I don't really see wanting to be in that in a tier X fight over the Waffle IV. My feelings have not changed a bit since the 9.6 VR nerf. The Waffle IV is just as effective as it was with the extra VR.

Having owner both the Jagd 8.8 and normal Jagdtiger, its simply not fair to use the Jagdtiger 8.8 as the judge for the normal version. The jig 8.8 is AGES slower than the normal Jagdtiger. Literally half the mobility from my experience playing it.

It also has piss poor HP pool characteristic of tier <9 tanks, and at tier 9 with the normal Jagdtiger you get tier 10 medium HP (which is nice).

Tbh, Jagdtiger is average, but the Jigtig 8.8 premium is mediocre at best.

Having owned JT  and the tort... I much prefer the tort, dat gunarc and RoF. Though it can be argued that I was more noobish back when I had the JT, but I felt tier for tier Ferd> JT

I own the Waffle IV and the JT 8.8 as a premium for that crew. The chassis of the Waffle IV is just light years superior to the JT chassis in every situation. In cities, the rear turret and good camo allows first shots and rapid escapes. It is far more nimble for repositioning to the next spot. When the action gets frantic the turret, speed, and smaller size allows knife fighting the JT just can't do. In open maps the superior camo and turret allows for firing positions with better map view coverage. It is the best TD in the game IMHO. I have the JT unlocked, but simply can't bring myself to buy and crew it since that crew would have to come from the Waffle IV. When I look at the Jagzilla, I don't really see wanting to be in that in a tier X fight over the Waffle IV. My feelings have not changed a bit since the 9.6 VR nerf. The Waffle IV is just as effective as it was with the extra VR.

You really would think that it is bad in a city fight, but this is the one issue it comes again to play style this "long range sniper" <--- Bullshit I literally drive forward kill everything give no fucks if ur gonna get flanked kill what is in front of you first. I've killed countless waffle drivers of every stretch of skill because of the simple fact that they dont expect a JT to be so aggro and not only that if they're aiming at your super structure with gold; as the JT moves forward the shots are more likely to miss completely or land in the mantle. I've had so many games where I could've finished HT 15 for the T55A by simply Yoloing into everything that exists and anyone I've ever platooned with will tell you the same. The JT is an assault TD. The waffle 4 is also an assault TD MID/LATE GAME thats where the main problem lies I've played both and they're equally bullshit, but the waffle is certainly more viable in an open map setting. And with WG making terrible copies of shit corridor maps the JT will reign supreme if it gets hull down anywhere and can angle. The armor becomes very relevant and the only thing to be its downfall is tier 10 TD gold spam and arty which you can't do much about anyway. I still choose JT for the sole fact that it can carry hard and is far far more survivable.

I try to play my JT as an assault TD, but it's just not agile enough. 560 alpha isn't enough to scare people since most TDs are doing 750, so they are more willing to take a shot in order to flank you. You say "give no fucks kill whats in front of you" but how does that help with the guy behind you killing you? A T-54 will DPM you down in no time flat. Trying to corner fight is impossible.  There is no way to get around the corner, get off a shot, and get back before taking several rounds in the juicy LFP. The only place it works is where you can sit somewhere COMPLETELY hull down (fucking MG port) while the enemy feeds themselves to you. That works in maybe 2 spots on 4 maps.

Literally giving no fucks is my playstyle and having thousands of games played in heavies of all types it pays off well most of the time

tbh I think he can beat Keweis DPG (It was shitty for Kewei but still) in the JgT so he might not be the best person to look at for a normal opinion on it. 

The source for that would be him consistently pulling 3.5k damage sessions while platooned with two people in mediums. Its kinda nuts. 

So how does a green shitter play the JT? CHAI-snipe? I've played mostly brawling heavies up to this point and have no idea where the long range sniping lanes are.