_Assad

JT Hype train

134 posts in this topic

On 26.9.2016 at 3:16 AM, Mikosah said:

But eventually my journey led to the two slot-3 equipment items that actually made sense. One is optics. If you also have vents, BIA, and vision skills, a JT with optics gets to have 468 meters of view range even while on the move. Throw on chocolate and that gets bumped up to 487 meters. And just the combination of vents, BIA, and paint will keep your camo rating above 10% even while on the move. If you actually trained the camo skill as well, lord help us all, the 76-ton, 9'-2" tall monster may actually win the vision wars.

I've found optics, vents, sit. awareness, BiA, and chocolate hilarious when casually outspotting meds while cruising around. When stationary, you tend to get the first shot off without getting spotted. I have 90% camo on everyone except the driver. I even wish that I had trained camo instead of off-road driving. I'll probably train recon instead of JoAT: I've replaced the extinguisher with food w/o yet having any FF skill.

The JT is brawly and needs to put its HP to use in breakthroughs, but it's to be played at (arty safe and hulldown) medium to long range whenever a breakthrough situation is not presenting itself.

3PtaxjH.jpg

Finished the grind around here, tank was a joy to play. Did about 15-20 platoon games before I realized this tanks prefers a nice, slow grindy brawl. Good platoon mates will end the game too fast, and steal all the cleanup damage if they're faster than you.Typically just go to the heavy brawling areas and look to outplay/out-trade/out dpm enough heavies to where I can start spending HP to push. Biggest weakness is mobility, sometimes the enemy team will do something unexpected like go to the "wrong" flank, or shove 10 mediums and overrun you, but typically the ideal situation was having 2-3 pubbies around and being slightly outnumbered by passive heavy pubbies. Pretty sure I could three mark it but I was too hot to get into the JPE and moved the crew up, but def. holding onto this tank. Fantastic t9.

453 meter VR in this is pretty funny.  I've had multiple 2k+ spotting games (actual spotting, not tracking) in this thing.  And it continues the fine tradition of its line having incredibly comfy point-and-shoot gun handling.  It's surprisingly fun to play for a not-terribly-mobile casemate TD.

Hello right now I'm having huge issues playing this tank, it would be nice if anyone could give me a few pointers.

Lately it seems I get difficulty on positioning myself on places where I can do damage, then I end up getting swarmed by arty fire and mediums, which ends my match. If anyone could give me some advice or replays to check on them, that would be awesome, thanks!

Go to where heavies are. If you are getting swarmed by meds, it means you are somewhere heavies normally do not go to.

4 hours ago, Star_Dust said:

Hello right now I'm having huge issues playing this tank, it would be nice if anyone could give me a few pointers.

Lately it seems I get difficulty on positioning myself on places where I can do damage, then I end up getting swarmed by arty fire and mediums, which ends my match. If anyone could give me some advice or replays to check on them, that would be awesome, thanks!

APCR. You’ll trade good with any tank because of 560 and 352mm of pen. Armor is good against up to 250 guns and decent HP means you can take hits. So it’s really up to you to maximize your gun performance even when situation is bad.

I can’t say that i played JT after buff, but even before it was surprisingly good. TBH i never rely   on armor or when i do I always get disappointed (hence my rants) so i was always about amazeballs gun, and jt128 does not disappoint there. When everything falls down you just bring somebody with you. 

Also JT128 is very good at medium ranges where your armor is more effective and gun melts weeb HTs and stupid mediums. This all seams easy but i think easiest explanation is go where meat is and fire APCR. Don’t allow them to crossfire you and you are good to go. 

10 hours ago, Star_Dust said:

Look at DrJ_Zoidbergs last post. I completely agree with him on this subject. Play Jagdtiger like that and you are golden even for your team.

12 hours ago, TohtoriP said:

Look at DrJ_Zoidbergs last post. I completely agree with him on this subject. Play Jagdtiger like that and you are golden even for your team.

I think this is true, by and large, from Ferdi on up.  When bottom tier, play more of a supporting role, but still...go where the heavies are.

On 4/7/2016 at 7:41 PM, ThomChen114 said:

I've just finally unlocked the Jagdtiger, but I don't plan to part with my precious Jagdpanther II anytime soon. The current Evolution of Tanks in the SEA server is the JPE100 (until April15), so 30% off the Jagdtiger is probably the best deal i'll get in a long while. 

Part of me doesn't even want to bother. I don't particularly look forward to the JPE100 itself as it seems to be too dumb and slow and uneconomical to run. And i've grown accustomed to the mobility of the Jagdpanther II. 

Also another issue is the crew i'm facing. The last thing I want is to get a fresh crew for either tanks. Moving the JP2 crew to the JT would mean i'd be lugging around a newbie loader.

Part of me wants to have a go at the Ferdinand (weirdly enough was the only tank left out of the sale, probably due to the lack of jagd-edness), and eventually move that Ferdi crew to the JT.

Any recommended course of action?

Also check this short but sweet game in my JP2: http://wotreplays.com/site/2600914#pilsen-thomchen114-jagdpanther_ii

Just do what you feel like doing :)

people will tell you the Ferdi is crap, and it kinda is - it advertises as the "armored brother" to the more mobility-oriented JPII, but at the same time the armor is questionable (superstructure pennable easy-ish, UFP shoulder weakpoints), while still being a lot clumsier than a JPII. It does have, however, a nice slab of hitpoints and a comfortable gun arc (depression and sides). I was in your position also, had the Ferdi researched for ages - but never actually bought it, and went JT instead.

The JT actually does provide what the Ferdi only tries: if you can go whole-hull-down, only very high standard pen (e.g. another JT, or ofc prem spam) will go through the superstructure (if they manage to avoid the huge mantlet, that is), so you can assault with relative impunity in a suitable corridor like the Himmelsdorf banana, or Arctic region south. The long 128 is a wonderful railgun, dpm is monstrous (!), pen is high enough - only the mobility is lacking, but the durability I think makes up for it - and its not like embarrassingly slow, just normally slow. I also like how its possible to find spots where you can shoot and not expose a weakspot at the same time - the Tort, for example, would pretty much always have to show a cupola or sg if it wants to shoot at you 

Caveat: higher pen guns will go through your UFP easy, so only hiding the lower plate will not always be enough. If you get circled, it doesnt turn fast, better have backup or a solid thing (house etc.) next to you. But then again, 2100 hp.
Surprisingly enough, it does have some camo if skilled/painted properly, so its not like instaspotted all the time. I have rammer/vents/binocs on mine, the latter can give a nice 500+ vr which is a nice safety net sometimes.
Arty will of course have no real issue hitting you, but the armor is solid enough all around that most of the time its only 300-ish, so no real risk of huge pens. Arty is only an annoyance if you are really focused for some reason

I also dont care about the JPE100, and dont think I will ever buy it - but I do feel the JT is fun (as far as an "old school" turretless TD can be), and worth a shot - try it